EU+US Farming scaled items

derathor

Veteran
Hey guys, quick question.

In order to farm lower versions of items, like getting a lvl 49 Destiny or Feathermoon, what level should your looting character be?

I notice looting items that most - but not all - armour drops are 8 levels lower. Weapons seem to be 5?

So if I wanted to farm for Destiny, would a level 54 work?

Epics drop at lvl 48 req. with an ilvl of 58 when farming on a 49.

oo okay, Thanks. Did not know epics acted differently. So farming on a lvl 50 would theoretically be lvl 49 req drop?

Was I right about needing to be 54 for blue weps to scale down to 49? 57 I guess for most armour?

oo okay, Thanks. Did not know epics acted differently. So farming on a lvl 50 would theoretically be lvl 49 req drop?

Was I right about needing to be 54 for blue weps to scale down to 49? 57 I guess for most armour?

Negative. The way the loot drops work are with certain thresholds. For example, some blues will drop at level 47, ilvl 55 and some will drop at 45 ilvl 53. After the 7.3.5 scaling epics drop for the 40-49 bracket at 43 and 48 you more than likely won't find any scaled ilvl 58 epics that aren't level 48, some may drop at 47. There aren't any inbetweens of scaled items. You may see some items on the AH that had a previous lvl requirement between 40-49, for example precisely calibrated boomsticks used to be lvl 43 req, ilvl 48. If you find these you can notice stat differentials, the 43 lvl req pcb that is ilvl 56 will have much more agi and weapon dmg.

Oh, okay. Now I understand. Makes sense that I see people asking for specific item levels that don't match up with what I see on WH sliding the scales to 49.

That truly helped me out! Thanks a bunch!

Users who are viewing this thread