Farming ilvl 54 greens

Tobz.eu

Legend
Just finished researching for bis items on my new 49 and - sadly - 80% of the items are random BoE's. Are all of these ilvl 54 BoE greens farmable somewhere or should I just start buying them of the AH for a "neat sum" of +3000 gold each?

Im not sure where you farm them ive been lucky in finding ilvl54 gear for dirt cheap sometimes, one night I got a freezing band at 3am for 200g! Some of the green boe have been under 50g

are you sure 80% are random GREEN BOEs ? for what class ? some item in 40-49 are purple ilvl58 instead of green ilvl54

Some scaling is weird my freezing band I got req a lower lever had the same stats but 3ilvl higher than normal

In my experience, the best thing to do is just continually patrol your AH... You never know what you'll find. Now, if you're on a high-pop, twinking realm (like Bleeding Hollow), a lot of times even the 54 greens will be tens of thousands of gold. But even there I know someone who got a scaled https://www.wowhead.com/item=2911/kellers-girdle&bonus=3905 for 5k, which is a great deal. Being on a lower-pop realm, I've gotten three scaled ilvl 58 shields for very cheap (one was 7g...), freezing bands for less than 5k, and ilvl 52-54 greens are usually not more than 1.5k. Plus, since the items have their secondaries randomly assigned, you never know when you'll get one that has an even better stat spread than one you already have. GL!

Last edited:
Although farming boe greens can be super RNG, from what I've seen, if you really want to farm them, you have to have to have a lvl 57. Most of the boe greens I've gotten when farming silithus or other places always drop at lvl 41. So i'd imagine that at 57, being 8 levels higher, you'll get lvl 49 drops.

Although farming boe greens can be super RNG, from what I've seen, if you really want to farm them, you have to have to have a lvl 57. Most of the boe greens I've gotten when farming silithus or other places always drop at lvl 41. So i'd imagine that at 57, being 8 levels higher, you'll get lvl 49 drops.

if i am not wrong, if you use a lvl57 .. you will get an item that is for over lvl50 .. dont use a lvl57, when i need something that is meant for lvl49, i usually farm it using a team, i will use a lvl101 or 120, together with 3 or 4 lvl49s, 1 cloth 1 leather 1 mail 1 plate wearing 49 .. and if something drops, it will not go to waste

Power of the High Chief twinket at lvl49 ilvl58 will give you a +22 intel

In my experience, the best thing to do is just continually patrol your AH... You never know what you'll find. Now, if you're on a high-pop, twinking realm (like Bleeding Hollow), a lot of times even the 54 greens will be tens of thousands of gold. But even there I know someone who got a scaled https://www.wowhead.com/item=2911/kellers-girdle&bonus=3905 for 5k, which is a great deal. Being on a lower-pop realm, I've gotten three scaled ilvl 58 shields for very cheap (one was 7g...), freezing bands for less than 5k, and ilvl 52-54 greens are usually not more than 1.5k. Plus, since the items have their secondaries randomly assigned, you never know when you'll get one that has an even better stat spread than one you already have. GL!

if you are farming AH on 1 single realm, it will take a long time, and also like you said if that realm has many players knowing what that item is for, the price will always remain high .. i usually look at many realms' AH and get them whenever they are cheap .. i have collected several guilds worth of items .. the recent stats change cost several of my entire guild storage to go to waste .. previously when i get these items from various AHs i get them for specific secondary stats with specific value .. after the stats change, i realise all the items i had in my guild bank DOES NOT have a secondary stats .. only when a toon takes it out of the guild bank, a random secondary stats is assigned, and i kept 2 complete sets of gears for each class that does not have secondary stats, just stamina and primary stats, but they are higher in value than normal gears, after the ilvl changes they too become those random primary stat with stamina and 2 secondary stats !!! i was so fking shock .. all these items were very rare and collected for years for very exact specific value on the stats .. i have not check the extend of the damage blizz had done to my collection, i have over 30 personal guild banks for storage .. it really hurt big time

those playing 40-49, you prob already know, not all BIS are lvl49 ilvl54 items, some item for some class are lvl47, having a lower ilvl, but a higher primary stat (usually by 1 extra point), while their secondary stat can be same total amount as the lvl49 item

if i am not wrong, if you use a lvl57 .. you will get an item that is for over lvl50 .. dont use a lvl57, when i need something that is meant for lvl49, i usually farm it using a team, i will use a lvl101 or 120, together with 3 or 4 lvl49s, 1 cloth 1 leather 1 mail 1 plate wearing 49 .. and if something drops, it will not go to waste

No, i've had nothing but level 41 greens drop my 49s when farming. I'm 100% sure that when you farm the way you say you do, all of those GREEN BOES are level 41.
Blue items and epic items work in different ways.

i see .. i will keep a look out when i am doing my lvl49s again and see if what i get are 41s .. atm i am working on my 80s
[doublepost=1539396257,1539394121][/doublepost]lvl49 does not enjoy 5% extra primary stats, so it doesnt matter if you mix plates with mail or leather or cloth although you suffer a little from the armor loss.

there is a lvl47 ilvl58 head piece Eye of Flame that gives 21 int, 23 stam, 7 versa, 11 fire resistance

Users who are viewing this thread