Farming Food: Grilled Squid & Darkmoon Feast

ghank

OG
After reading the 39 consumables thread, I went on adding buffs to my hunter. The best food out there seems to be Grilled Squid, with 8 Agility. And it definitely the weirdest stuff to farm. Winter Squid, which is needed to cook, is a seasonal to fish which can be harvested from September 23rd to March 20th only. Plus there are hours when you can't catch it, and other when you catch it more often. The Swap of Sorrows worked well for me. I found fishing from the shore only worked best. There are no pools of the Squid, it's just in the open water. From 6pm-8pm my catch rate was around 20-25%. From Noon to 6PM is better (up to 30%). I'll try that today. Basically I caught a squid every 50-60 seconds which is enough to make one of the food. An hour netted 31 of them. Fishing skill needs to be 240 I believe. My level 100 fisher caught none. With this buff on my hunter, my aimed shot should crit around 2700 in glass cannon wear.

There are 2 Darkmoon Feast recipes available right now: Fancy Darkmoon Feast for 50 fish or Sugar-Crusted Fish Feast for 25. Both give 1% versatility and the Fancy adds a Tux costume, but it costs 10 Darkmoon Daggermaw fish to make as opposed to 5 for the Sugar. You can buy one fish one the AH for around 13g right now. So the feast isn't too expensive to make. Or you can farm then when the faire is in town. The catch rate is almost 100%. It could be higher as sometimes you catch multiples. So it takes about a minute to farm enough to make a Sugar feast which is pretty quick. And it'll of course give your BG party a 1% increase in damage / heals and .5% deduction in damage.

Mystery meat, tiger meat, raptor eggs, seasoned wolf kabobs.. bruh fuck goin hard to get 8agil food, those are all cheap AF mats on the Ah for 5stam 5vers

Users who are viewing this thread