FARM Cataclysm: Unlocked

dANNN

dANNN
Cataclysm, it’s world loot, and transmogs are all level 30+. Until today! I'd like to give special mention and thanks to Conzil, Zazzyfraz and Creepyjoe for their help in testing the farm & loot tables.

UPDATE: Second Farming spot found in Feralas. Please see below.

UPDATE #2: Please share any and all blues you loot in this thread. Thanks!

upload_2022-6-10_9-16-57.png

upload_2022-6-10_9-16-15.png

upload_2022-6-10_10-5-57.png

upload_2022-6-10_10-9-49.png

upload_2022-6-10_10-11-23.png

The latest farm is for anyone Level 10+ This is probably one of the worst farms to do in terms of farming quantity (7 mobs - 4-5 minute respawn IF you stick to camp). In the above image it shows the camp (small circle). The larger circle covers an area where Tirisfal Stags and a solitary Tirisfal Bear spawn - we have confirmed greens dropping and scaling from Stags but no drops from the Bear (yet!). BE WARNED this is a very slow farm. Respawn rates are low and mobs are scattered beyond the camp. The best time to kill stags is when the Darters trigger their RP event - all Stags in the area head towards the Mushroom circle. Easy pickings.

There is no known method to hyperspawn them. There are obviously other means to increase your kph but I'll leave you to figure that out for yourself ;)

The most exciting aspect of this farm are some of the Cataclysm world blues and epics (unconfirmed but epic armor at 20 may be possible)... Some of the armor pieces have sockets and socket bonuses. When navigating the wowhead data page you want to look at the items Source: if it says "Drop" it is likely to be a world drop. There are a lot of them on the loot table so the screenshots below are just a taster.

WORLD BLUES

We have currently confirmed 3 world blue drops so the overwhelming majority of these are still unseen. There are a few great options for casters (these would be farmed on your level 22 farmers for level 20 req). For F2P twinks don't fret as the stats for the i26 versions MAY be the same:

unknown.png

F2P Version:
upload_2022-6-10_9-34-34.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

upload_2022-6-10_9-39-45.png

Scaleable Cataclysm world Greens for transmog (F2P/Vets).

upload_2022-6-10_9-45-26.png

Scaleable Cataclysm world Blue weapons (level 20, i27 - F2P/Vets):

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png

Cataclysm Lockboxes

Elementium Lockboxes

Catalysm Recipes/Patterns (these may be farmable in 30 zones already):

unknown.png

WHAT ABOUT JUNKBOXES?!

Sadly despite these mobs being Humanoids they "have no pockets to pick" :(

WORLD EPICS?! - UNCONFIRMED

I am hopeful that Cataclysm World EPICS might drop (as two of them in particular look very useable - especially for F2P players) but I do have my doubts as this farm is done in Azeroth... But they would scale as you see below IF they drop:

unknown.png

upload_2022-6-10_9-43-34.png

My personal feeling towards this farm is that it will be best done between BGs or treated like a Foamspittle farm - long, arduous and rewarding! Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
Great work guys, enjoying these new farm posts

Great find guys.

Anyone worked out if u can get there in 1 x Cannon blast? Took me 2 to get there. If someone finds a sweet spot please share. Better than spending 30mins on a cliff face :eek:

Also, anything we can get from those Fairy Darters? Saw them playing music but that’s about it.

It’s not a bad place to hang while in between bg’s :ez:

Great find guys.

Anyone worked out if u can get there in 1 x Cannon blast? Took me 2 to get there. If someone finds a sweet spot please share. Better than spending 30mins on a cliff face :eek:

Also, anything we can get from those Fairy Darters? Saw them playing music but that’s about it.

I miss the fell meteors working everywhere

Amazing find! I've only been there once as part of the Pally Artifact quest, and I've never realized they had the Cata loot table ( I mean, at the very least, they should be considered Legion mobs). I would love to hear the story behind why these guys are on the Cata loot table

wasn't there a few cata campsites in the barrens that had some Kor'Krons running around too?

I would love to hear the story behind why these guys are on the Cata loot table
Because this is one of those "secret" wow areas that get added in every now and again. Like the Goblin resort in Feralas or the corgi camp and mechanical sheep farm outside stormwind, the critter war on the cliffs outside Thunderbluff, etc.

This area existed before Cata, but the mushroom ring and sprite darters that do their weird little dance and the diseased stags and what not were all added in Cata. Hence, cata loot table.

Great find guys.

Dont even need 1. Just mount jump to the roof of the spider tunnel.

If you're a paladin or a priest you can get https://www.wowhead.com/item=173523/tirisfal-camp-scroll from the pala holy spec and priest shadow spec artifact weapon questlines.
You keep it even after you finish the quest and it teleports you to the camp.
Be careful with this method and make sure you are looting Cataclysm trash loot (Embersilk Cloth is a good measure). There are two versions of the mobs and one drops Legion loot. It is likely you are sent to a different Questing Phase (at least when on the quest).
[doublepost=1654947246,1654944982][/doublepost]Firstly going to give credit to Ivo for suggesting checking this spot out! Farming in Southern Feralas around the Holiday Resort confirmed. Greater Rocs, King Crawlers & Oil Slimes are the mobs to farm. A lot more mobs than Tirisfal Glades. I've spent 2 hours here farming this morning on a level 22 (see drops below).

It might also be possible to farm here (and Tirisfal) with a Cata (25 skill) JC char and obtain the quest items for the Cata JC BoP trinkets:-

Figurine - Earthen Guardian rewards Tank Trinket
Figurine - Jeweled Serpent rewards Spellcaster DPS Trinket
Figurine - Demon Panther rewards Agility Melee DPS Trinket
Figurine - Dream Owl rewards Spirit Healing Trinket
Figurine - King of Boars rewards Strength Melee DPS Trinket

The Quest appears to be level 10 required. These might be obtainable from farming 30 zones anyway as we can loot +10 levels. I have no idea what their level/ilevel is so feel free to test if you have JC. Credit to Zazzyfraz for this!
Tested: Quest obtainable/completable but reward unequippable - sadge.

unknown.png

Credit to Ivo, Znuwu & Conzil for testing!

upload_2022-6-11_12-24-3.png

upload_2022-6-11_12-25-34.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

[doublepost=1654947973][/doublepost]Elementium Lockboxes - It is possible for us to loot, mail to high level Rogue, and open these on low level chars. Not sure if this has always been the case or if it is purely because these were obtained from a 15+ source (Feralas).

upload_2022-6-11_12-44-32.png

Last edited:
Be careful with this method and make sure you are looting Cataclysm trash loot (Embersilk Cloth is a good measure). There are two versions of the mobs and one drops Legion loot. It is likely you are sent to a different Questing Phase (at least when on the quest).

Nah, I used it today to teleport, and the mobs dropped embersilk cloth and toughened flesh.
I think you only get legion loot there if you're on the artefact quest, which puts you in a different phase.

On auction houses, I'm seeing cata BoE epics scale only 5-6 ilvls above required level. Are you sure they would reach ilvl 28? I'm thinking ilvl 25 is their ceiling for req. level 20 epics.
I’m fairly certain world epics would scale to i28 as this would follow every other expansion. The epics that normally scale +6 tend to be zone blues that have a chance to proc epic.

anyone try the cata mobs in the cave underwater at DMF?

Users who are viewing this thread