US F2ptwink so Quiet These Days...

Vail

Your Favorite Gnome Death Lord
Don't see too many people many on AP these days using the f2paddon. Actually, I think I go weeks without seeing anyone in chat sometimes.

Haven't had much time or interest in twinking for the past year or two... Kinda just kept the addon so I could say hi to familiar faces now and again- or maybe help with things. Got busy doing mythic raiding in the meantime. Opportunity for competitive raiding on AP is limited though. To actually raid competitively, I've decided to xfer.

idk if this counts as a good bye thread so much as a, "So, what's everyone else doing? I haven't seen a lot of you guys in ages!" kinda thread.

I have the addon over on Bleeding Hollow [H] and haven't seen a soul. But hey I'll keep it around just in case

Do you still run around and find wpvp honor bots and camp them for hours on end? That shit was hilarious.
It has been too long since I last enjoyed the hunt. Around the time heirlooms became account wide, my prey greatly diminished in number.

I use the Addon on Magtheridon EU and on the Alliance side it is pretty busy. It's rare to find that nobody else is there most times during the day, with evenings the peak. If I play Horde then it's rare to find anyone, though I have seen Alliance users who I recognise in PVP battlegrounds.

In the spirit of altruism I promote the addon to any level 20s I meet in battlegrounds & when running instances (and on Magtheridon generally, if I have any game time to be able to whisper). Most people, if they respond at all, have never heard of it, but are grateful. On one occasion a group of around 10 level 20 Horde outside Orgrimmar were quite dismissive because they said it gave you lots of friends you didn't want. They were quite upset that I interrupted their conversation, which was odd. That's been the only negative response I've had.

Bnet has taken over as expected. Not much reason to use the F2P addon and beg people who don't like you in order to group anymore.

Bnet has taken over as expected. Not much reason to use the F2P addon and beg people who don't like you in order to group anymore.
Is that why my friends list is so empty? everyone on Bnet chat? :eek:

Do you still run around and find wpvp honor bots and camp them for hours on end? That shit was hilarious.
The best part is that he would fear said bot-users out of position. Most people would just come by and one shot the bot. However, Valiant knew that the bots would just rez themselves, so he made sure that you didn't die. That's that kind attention to detail takes commitment.

...I mean, from what I've heard.

As far as the addon goes, I know the author is done revising it, but it would be real nice if we could get the functionality of parts of it into a new or revised addon for f2p friend list management. For instance, I'm not sure how the quickjoin works between two or more f2ps, but I run the f2p addon on AP horde, and as a p2p, f2ps that the addon adds to my friends list are able to quick join on my queue.

If we could get an addon to do just that much, it could really help grouping, and the part of the addon that takes over the p2p and makes groups can just be scrapped. The problem is, who would make such and addon, and how would they know it would be worth their time (would people use it)?

I wish I had currently had the knowledge to write it, as it's probably not rocket science, but I'm just a begginer in my only programing language, C. I wonder how much effort in learning a language, and time it would take for me or someone else to take it on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread