Dismiss Notice
Hey there Anonymous! Now you can post on XPOFF without registering!

F2P vs VET - differences

Discussion in 'Level 20-29' started by Kórnikus20, Feb 19, 2019.

Share This Page

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Kórnikus20

Kórnikus20 Coordinator F2P Coordinator

F2P vs VET
    gametime - f2p: never - vet: at least 1 time
    experience - f2p: banked (if you pay and log with xp turned on, it will lvl up - vet: if your account was vet before 23/01/18, then no problem if you turn on/off xp with gametime even in new chars.
    mail access - f2p/vet no - blizz mail yes
    AH check - f2p/vet: yes
    AH buy - f2p/vet: no
    talkToHighLvls - f2p/vet: no with /say or emotes (only with +9lvls, so 1-29). if emotes, they will only see "uninteligible things"+ your movements (like pointing) + your target (here pets with names help)
    raid chat - f2p/vet: no
    bnet ingame chat - f2p: no - vet: yes
    guild - f2p: can't join - vet: can stay and write if you joined while gametime but can't enter in new ones (note: vet can also enter in one where you already had 1 char)
    guild bank access - f2p/vet: no
    communities ingame - f2p: can't join - vet: can stay is you joined while gametime but can't enter in new ones (right?)
    bnet communities - f2p/vet: yes - (only vets can also read them from ingame)
    enchants - f2p: no powerful ones - vet: can keep if you put them while gametime but can't put new ones even if you had it in your inventory without gametime
    bgs/arenas - f2p: can if xp on - vet: can if xp on - (if you pay 10g and turn it off without gametime, only a gm or gametime will allow you to turn it on again because a bug that avoid pvp)
    money - f2p: max is 10g, can't sell items that give more - vet: max is 10g or if you had more before gametime went off, if you then lose gold, it will be your new max, unless 10g)
    items, gear, recipes, bags, consumables, ptes, toys, etc. - vet more than f2p if vet got those while gametime
    professions - f2p: max=100 (+10 or +15 special) - vet: can keep the max=300 or more with bugs that got with gametime (archeology goes bug without gametime). Some recipes capped at 75-80-85=bug
    transmog - f2p: all items they can bind (even if not equipped) - vet: all transmog classic (req ilvl lvl0-60) despite of which character learned it
    loot - 20s can't loot skulls (+10 lvls, so 30s or higher, but ther are some exceptions (look for it in a different xpoff thread)

Other restrictions of both:
    -Max lvl 20
    -Can't create group
    -Can't pet battle
    -Can't trade
    -Can't /shout
    -Can't /general or /trading chat

If you guys see anything left/wrong, write it below pls and I will update it :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. LecolaEU

LecolaEU Veteran

To make it clear:
    F2P can use battlenet chat but can't get messages in game. Alt+tab needed to use it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. SPQR

SPQR ♥ + ►+ ✝ ʘʘ = ⌐■_■ Highway To Hell

Make difference between them more distinct. atm everything looks like a benefit.

kinda like:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. LecolaEU

LecolaEU Veteran

Some Grandfathered F2P accounts still have 375 fishing, cooking etc. Like mine ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Faerondil

Faerondil Grandfathered

Can someone explain to me the banked experience things in reference to a vet?

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    Kórnikus20

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad

You're vet wont bank XP. Only affects pure F2P.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. kompe

kompe Fearless Gladiator

btw now you can enchant your gear as a vet even after your gametime runs out been like that for awhile so yeah stock up on enchants

• Like Like x 2
    • Surprised Surprised x 1
  9. OP
    Kórnikus20

Really? Good news then o_O
    Anyone has also realized of this?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rapido

Rapido Not Mexican

I wonder if I could get a GM to wipe my banked xp before I sub on my f2p. Otherwise it looks like I'll go from 20 to 30 as soon as I log in if I sub.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad

Probably not. If you want to make a vet, the best and safest way to do it is to create a new account. One for paid/vet, one for pure F2P.

Thats how I do it, at least.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rapido

Rapido Not Mexican

my f2p is too prized to just reroll a new vet D:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad

I get that. It's worth asking at least. The worst they can say is "no" and nothing on your end will change.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fat Al

Fat Al Member

I have been told that even if you have banked experience on a Starter Edition character, you can simply lock before you buy your first time subscription and the banked experience would essentially be wiped out automatically.

Please confirm, @ohti.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SPQR

SPQR ♥ + ►+ ✝ ʘʘ = ⌐■_■ Highway To Hell

not unless they fixed it.
    there was thread here where person tried it. he leveled up on login in to the character.
    It might be possible with gm help but most of the time you get copycat answer how it is all working as intended.

If account has any value to person the time for upgrading is gone.
    unless u never banked anything.

• Like Like x 2
  16. handsomedgc

handsomedgc Maybe god

• Like Like x 7
  17. OP
    Kórnikus20

The way to avoid this is to always have the xp off before you pay, and later when gametime ends, talk with a gm to put the xp on to go bgs/arenas (what @Fat Al said, but without erasing the banked xp (I think), only blocking it, so you have to repeat each time this, that is a little more dangerous)

With this, if you create a new account and you pay, you directly go to the save veteran account side? So you would be able to xp on/off with gametime whithout problem? If this is correct, then I understand better how it works. It would mean that from 23/01/18, all the pure f2p account started to get banked xp. So that would mean that if a starter account from 2015 for example stop playing on 2018 and now in 2019 he wants to go vet, he should not have any problem because he did not banked xp from 23/01/18, isnt?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 19, 2019, Original Post Date: Feb 19, 2019 ---
    more or less. we loss a little of info, but its ok I think :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Faerondil

Faerondil Grandfathered

Awesome. Thank you for the answer! Otherwise that would have sucked!

• Like Like x 1
  19. ohti

ohti Hvnter

yes even the other day a friend of mine which was pure f2p (and had 10 levels banked) locked his xp as f2p, subscribed for his first time, and logged back into his character which stayed at level 20

so long as you unlock your xp right before your sub ends you should be fine to queue even after your sub ends

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. CIHC

CIHC That One OG

I don't have to pay to prey levelers and annoy those 29s that love me so much as I waddle over to them

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)