F2P Restricted 3v3 Tournament Comp Analysis & Hype Thread

Bop

Remember the Treeline
Hello! Bop here.

With the F2P-Restricted 3v3 Tournament coming up this weekend, I thought it might be fun (and potentially insightful :O) to give a brief analysis of each team, and who I think has the best odds of winning based only off of what comps they have available to them.

Please note that this is only my opinion, and that I also will not be competing in this tournament. I have no horse in this race! I’ll be doing what I can behind the scenes to help the administrators that be so that things run smoothly. At its best, this might even build a little hype towards this event! At the worst, it’s just some dude’s thoughts on how things might turn out. :)

Also note that I won’t be calculating individual player skill or history as a team in my predictions. Additionally, I’m not including Priests in any comps as DPS although they technically would be allowed as Shadow Priests (they’re just not very good at level 20). The full list of restrictions can be found on the official 3v3 Tournament thread; I.E., Feral Druids are banned from this tournament..
Without further ado, here are the teams and the comps that they have available to them:

(Legend: A = Paladin, D = Druid, H = Hunter L = Warlock, M = Mage, N = Monk, P = Priest, R = Rogue, S = Shaman, W = Warrior)

Team Name: Manny Fondles Robby
Team Member 1: (Mage) + (Shaman)
Team Member 2: (Lock)
Team Member 3: (Priest) + (Warrior)
POSSIBLE COMPS: (3)
M+L+P, W+L+S, L+S+P
I find it very interesting that this is the only team that features MLP as well as an option to swap in a Warrior. MLP is the team to beat in this tournament, and experience has shown that Arms Warriors have the best odds of out-pressuring the barrage of control from MLP. This team's comp indicates to me that they will do very well in the tournament, even if the number of total options they have is fairly low. 7/10.

Team Name: TRIPLETS IRL
Team Member 1- (Mage) + (Monk)
Team Member 2- (Warrior) + (Paladin)
Team Member 3- (Priest)
POSSIBLE COMPS: (4)
M+W+P, M+A+P, N+W+P, N+A+P
This team is actually a favorite of mine, if only because they are running a monk! Monks haven't seen much play in F2P Arenas, even though they became available to F2Ps in Warlords of Draenor. I hope that the Monk sees some playtime in their team. Otherwise, this team's comps are fairly decent all around. They have the high skill, high reward Mage/Retribution/Priest comp that has proven itself a worthy adversary for MLP, as well as a Warrior to sub in for slow, grindy games. 6/10.

Team Name: Rap3 Healer
Team Member 1: (Lock) + (Shaman)
Team Member 2: (Mage) + (Paladin)
Team Member 3: (Priest)
POSSIBLE COMPS: (4)
L+M+P, L+A+P, S+M+P, S+A+P
This team features the team-to-beat MLP comp, which always lends itself well to success. Unfortunately, this team doesn't have too many other options besides MLP. Since the Priest only plays that class, the Shaman would have to be played as DPS which doesn't lend itself well to a strong comp for them. Lock/Retribution hasn't proven itself to be a powerful combination, and Shaman/Mage or Shaman/Paladin don't generally work well together as DPS. Best of luck to this team, but they're going to have to really shine as MLP to progress far in this tournament. 5/10

Team Name: Talarac For MVP
Team Member 1: (Hunter)
Team Member 2: (Warrior)
Team Member 3: (Priest)
Possible COMPS: (1)
H+W+P
This team only has one comp! They must be very confident in their capability of carrying with KFC Priest. While they can be a strong counterpick, Hunters haven't seen much play in Arenas since their nerf in WoD. I personally am excited for their resurrection in this tournament, although I cannot predict anything but a rough set of matches for this team. 4/10

Team Name: #Synergy
Team Member 1: (Lock)
Team Member 2: (Mage) + (Shaman)
Team Member 3: (Priest) + (Rogue)
Substitute Member: (Paladin)
POSSIBLE COMPS: (11)
M+L+P, R+L+S, L+S+P, M+L+A, L+S+A, L+R+A, L+A+P, M+A+P, M+R+A, S+A+P, S+R+A
Wow, so this team brought a lot of comps with them. Their ability to react to situations far outmatches any of their opposing teams in terms of sheer volume, although I suspect this team probably won't venture too far away from MLP, RLS, or Mage/Retribution/Priest - which are all standard comps that are able to deal with a wide variety of enemy teams. I am somewhat surprised that this team obviously prepared massively for this event but did not bring a Warrior with them. I'm going to be interested to see how this team faces off against experienced warrior teams, although I do predict this team to at least make it to finals in this tournament. They even brought a substitute member, as allowed per the rules. 9/10.

Team Name: Twink Skill Capped
Team Member 1: (Warrior)
Team Member 2: (Rogue) + (Shaman)
Team Member 3: (Warrior) + (Mage)
Substitute Member: (Priest)
POSSIBLE COMPS: (6)
W+R+P, W+S+P, W+M+S, W+M+P, R+M+P, S+M+P
The two warriors should probably betray this team's intention to play that class often in this tournament. Being only one of 2 teams to run a substitute, this team has a lot of potential for both aggressive and grindy play in their comps. Their choices seem to indicate that they are aware of the MLP hierarchy and that they intend to demolish it. I'm very excited to see if this team has the responsiveness in comp selection to do what it takes to win this tournament. 8/10.

OVERALL PREDICTION:

[#Synergy] beats [Twink Skill Capped] in the Final Round of the tournament.
[Manny Fondles Robby] finishes in Third Place.

Thoughts/Comments/Criticisms?

Post in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work very well done.

[#Synergy] beats [Twink Skill Capped] in the Final Round of the tournament. we will see about that :D

This is a matchup im very interested in, a certain warlock wants revenge on me anyway but they gonna have to earn it the hard way.

I would like to start making claims of how some1 will get 100 to 0'd but first we must get to the finals. None of the teams entered are push overs and I have played against each and everyone of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[#Synergy] beats [Twink Skill Capped] in the Final Round of the tournament. we will see about that :D

This is a matchup im very interested in, a certain warlock wants revenge on me anyway but they gonna have to earn it the hard way.

I would like to start making claims of how some1 will get 100 to 0'd but first we must get to the finals. None of the teams entered are push overs and I have played against each and everyone of them.
What makes you think there is revenge in these games? There is no such thing, and for you to think of that is not surprising. And I'm unfamiliar with "earn it the hard way." Good luck you will need every ounce.

What makes you think there is revenge in these games? There is no such thing, and for you to think of that is not surprising. And I'm unfamiliar with "earn it the hard way." Good luck you will need every ounce.

That's the spirit , this will be a fun tournament lol.

Keep it in the ring, boys.

I predict that this shall be a very intriguing tournament indeed :3

My team is for sure going to enjoy versing all of these teams.

I actually wanna see #Synergy vs us in the finals.

Mirror comp finals could be very cliffhanging games that have a nice duration to them.

SO MUCH HYPE!!!

PS: [MENTION=18689]Trialmop[/MENTION] I'm sorry I haven't updated robby's warrior link and handed back the team interview yet. So stressed out.

I will have it done by tonight ill send it back through skype!

WTB triple Shadow Priest team.

My team is for sure going to enjoy versing all of these teams.

I actually wanna see [URL=http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Synergy]#Synergy [/URL] vs us in the finals.

Mirror comp finals could be very cliffhanging games that have a nice duration to them.

SO MUCH HYPE!!!

PS: [MENTION=18689]Trialmop[/MENTION] I'm sorry I haven't updated robby's warrior link and handed back the team interview yet. So stressed out.

I will have it done by tonight ill send it back through skype!
Dude, don't stress out over this too much.
It says tournament on it but its really all in good fun.
But yeah, I really hope its an MLP mirror final!
Best of luck to all the other teams, I know that we'll be playing our best so I hope you are too.
#Synergy

Users who are viewing this thread