F2P Pure Rogue.

Zemmix

A.B.C.
Yeah, I know I need Gloom and Sfang/Enforcer. Been trying. No dice.

I alternate some gear now and then. This is generally what I roll within BGs, as you would figure due to scaling items.

I alternate rings a lot, Argas, Ellos, x2 Meadow, etc.

I'll sooner or later go for AGM and the heirloom version, but I haven't really had the time to do that, nor the motivation.

Abby @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft

-gloomshroud - get armor of the fang for while you're farming it
-gloves of the fang (recommended) or foreman's gloves - personal preference
-rop + any pure agi ring - meadow works
-2x sfang - also worth picking up a ToV for if you ever respec
-serra'kis bracers
-agm + defending champ
-shadowcraft shoulders
-agi potion for alch - you'll get loads of recipes while sfk farming
-medium armor kits + armor enchant to back - not sure if these even affect rogues' stats anymore but get them anyways
-fotl if you want them for the vanity

^ max agi = current meta for f2p combat. bis'ing out a f2p is a pain in the ass and tbh i wouldn't say it's worth it at the moment - you do you though

-serra'kis bracers
-agm + defending champ
-shadowcraft shoulders
-medium armor kits + armor enchant to back - not sure if these even affect rogues' stats anymore but get them anyways

^ max agi = current meta for f2p combat. bis'ing out a f2p is a pain in the ass and tbh i wouldn't say it's worth it at the moment - you do you though

Armor kits does nothing anymore for dps / healers

Armor kits does nothing anymore for dps / healers

that's what i assumed - but considering that they're the only enchant for "pure" f2p, you should still get them to show that you wasted 2ish hours killing boars lmao

that has always been part of the gearing struggle to avoid looking halfassed - even in previous xpacs they didn't make much of a difference for dps but it was worth doing for that +16

that's what i assumed - but considering that they're the only enchant for "pure" f2p, you should still get them to show that you wasted 2ish hours killing boars lmao

that has always been part of the gearing struggle to avoid looking halfassed - even in previous xpacs they didn't make much of a difference for dps but it was worth doing for that +16

So your going to waste 2 hour killing boars for nothing.. Somepeople

So your going to waste 2 hour killing boars for nothing.. Somepeople

if you're going to waste your time playing this game, you might as well do it in a way that feels somewhat productive

not to mention that 2 hours is like 2 bgs with today's queues - for obvious reasons, pointlessly killing boars should be @ the bottom of OP's priority list with sfk/bfd farming being on top. in reality none of this advice will matter when f2p contribute near-nothing compared to p2p atm

if you're going to waste your time playing this game, you might as well do it in a way that feels somewhat productive

not to mention that 2 hours is like 2 bgs with today's queues - for obvious reasons, pointlessly killing boars should be @ the bottom of OP's priority list with sfk/bfd farming being on top. in reality none of this advice will matter when f2p contribute near-nothing compared to p2p atm

lol

-serra'kis bracers
-agm + defending champ
-shadowcraft shoulders

Working on FoTL, Sfang, Gloom, ROP.

I'll switch out for Serakis and Gloves of The Fang, and try those out. I've been trying for Foremans, but no dice. Have 4 of them on my Warrior, who cant get the pants. =\

I have AoTF and use it occasionally, along with some other pure Agi stuff. I have Meadow Ring equipped, and another that I alternate.

Yeah, I was considering picking up the other shoulder.s

Dual Sfang is a bit of an odd approach. My ideal setup is ToV offhand, MH Sfang. For rings, I'll always want at least one Meadow Ring out, and then the other RoP. Monkey Belt offers less Agility than the one I have.

I'm a bit skeptical about being entirely glass cannon agi.

Monkey Belt offers less Agility than the one I have.

I'm a bit skeptical about being entirely glass cannon agi.

Shadowfang procs on any dmg you do. even on poisoned tar with blade fury. it can proc x2 times it u have 2 of them.
other items (black malice etc) req lvl 30+ to proc.

That is most common set you will find rogues using atm. a balance of stamina/agill due scaling.
any pure agill items gonna have more agill as your belt for example. But losing 8 stam is pointless imo.

Regardless of x2 sf or sf/dagger - results gonna be very near to same. So more about determination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadowfang procs on any dmg you do. even on poisoned tar with blade fury. it can proc x2 times it u have 2 of them.
other items (black malice etc) req lvl 30+ to proc.

That is most common set you will find rogues using atm. a balance of stamina/agill due scaling.
any pure agill items gonna have more agill as your belt for example. But losing 8 stam is pointless imo.

Regardless of x2 sf or sf/dagger - results gonna be very near to same. So more about determination.

I alternate between more Agi and balanced items depending on what Im doing.

If I get x2 Sfangs, I'll use them. I have dual Sfang on my vet and 19, but not tried it on my F2P. I like them on my vet+p2p due to proccing Ele Fury.

Also, that is very odd and interesting. I haven't tried Black Malice since using it for shits and gigs on a Warrior in bc...Very odd it'd need such a high level to proc, when at that level it'd be a useless item.

Thanks for the insight, I'll try and pick up the things you recommended and test out.

I alternate between more Agi and balanced items depending on what Im doing.

If I get x2 Sfangs, I'll use them. I have dual Sfang on my vet and 19, but not tried it on my F2P. I like them on my vet+p2p due to proccing Ele Fury.

Also, that is very odd and interesting. I haven't tried Black Malice since using it for shits and gigs on a Warrior in bc...Very odd it'd need such a high level to proc, when at that level it'd be a useless item.

Thanks for the insight, I'll try and pick up the things you recommended and test out.

Meteor Shard - Firebolt - Spell - World of Warcraft req lvl 30.
it says same lvl 30 req on shadowfang proc aswell. however unlike any other item i have tested, shadowfang proc actually works. must be due to its popularity.
gl. stay unenchanted.

Seadog Belt must be the Horde equiv of Fitzsimmons?

Haha, yes, yes...Get gloom, easier said than done man. I've got it on my vet/p2p...But it's proving to be a pain in the ass for this rogue.

And that's odd, SPQR. I could swear when using those items years ago, like WOTLK ish time, they procced. Is this a recent change? So odd.

Seadog Belt must be the Horde equiv of Fitzsimmons?

Haha, yes, yes...Get gloom, easier said than done man. I've got it on my vet/p2p...But it's proving to be a pain in the ass for this rogue.

And that's odd, SPQR. I could swear when using those items years ago, like WOTLK ish time, they procced. Is this a recent change? So odd.

I think it changed in the WoD pre-patch? I might be super wrong.

I think it changed in the WoD pre-patch? I might be super wrong.

Hm. Well, if Darkwater Talwar now requires 30 for proc, then it'd have to be. Because during mid MOP I messed around on using that to test it's proc rate on my warrior. Worked fine, then. I haven't used to other mentioned items, though, in years.

Pretty dumb. Not many 30+ are going to bother with these items.

Users who are viewing this thread