EU+US F2P Mistweaver 2H or 1H & OH?

iKnowKungFu

I have no idea what I should be going for and I haven’t seen it discussed... am I destined to be farming Foamspittle forever like most other casters, or is there a particular one-hander and off-hand combo that would suit me better?

Thanks for any help.

I have no idea what I should be going for and I haven’t seen it discussed... am I destined to be farming Foamspittle forever like most other casters, or is there a particular one-hander and off-hand combo that would suit me better?

Thanks for any help.
[doublepost=1557837929,1557837502][/doublepost]As a f2p you don't have many options as you can't do trading use Ah and what not, foam is deff your best choice but that requires luck/time, as far as I know there is no real second choice, as I look at it go big or go home, as for onehander/offhand that's doodoo go for foam it's by far superior it's what I use on my MW also, gl on your f2p!

also, with f2p enchanting, there is a limited qty enchant that vendors sell that give you +int to a 2h. not much, but it is something that you cant get on pure f2p one hand. :)

With the standard blue ilvl 26 options, 1h + oh gives 33int and 12stam, + whatever secondaries you get, vs 31int 10stam + secondaries for a staff (+1 extra int if you do the int enchant on it). Obviously epic foamspittle blows either out of the water, but if you aren't committed to farming that or just want to know what's best in the mean time, go with a 1h. For monks, this probably means a blue weapon from a BG crate, as I don't think there are any usable 1h int monk weapons that come from dungeons. The off hand will either be a blue BG one, or eerie stable lantern from SFK.

If you're gonna commit to the foamspittle grind, I wouldn't go too far out of your way to get a 1h + OH though. If you get them from BG crates, use em, but otherwise a blue dungeon staff/blue foamspittle is a fine placeholder.

F2p foamspittle. Vet mh+oh

I'd say foamspittle for vet as well. Last I checked mistweaver's damage does scale off of weapon dps, so a staff is going to mean more damage when you need to kick something in the face.

Though it has been a while since I last checked and physical damage calcs have changed...so something else I should check...

I'd say foamspittle for vet as well. Last I checked mistweaver's damage does scale off of weapon dps, so a staff is going to mean more damage when you need to kick something in the face.

Though it has been a while since I last checked and physical damage calcs have changed...so something else I should check...
I did some tests a while back and Mistweaver dps is certainly better with a staff.
So I’d say two-hander is the way to go. F2P or Vet.

I did some tests a while back and Mistweaver dps is certainly better with a staff.
So I’d say two-hander is the way to go. F2P or Vet.

Did a quick check on my mw monk. Equipped a blank heirloom 1h/offhand and compared to heirloom staff with same stats - the tooltips for tiger palm/blackout kick/rising sun kick didn't change. Interestingly enough - my char's weapon dps changed when I switched from the staff to the mace, but went back up once I equipped the offhand. So there seems to be something in place to normalize staves vs 1h/offhand for mistweaver.

So the physical weapon dps argument is out for that. Theres exactly one weapon/offhand with verse that are about equal when epic and enchanted (trade off some int for some verse) - but GL getting both of those to proc epic. Not really worth rerolling for them both when they are basically the same as foamspittle.

Users who are viewing this thread