F2P lv20 player - Returning with questions

trowlk

Hi, I'm surprised with all the new stuff I can complete now at very early levels. In fact there is so much content that I want to explore it all by myself without spending money on subscription just yet.

Nevertheless, I have a bunch of questions relating to the content from all expansions, would you help me answer them all?

1- Bonus Upgrade
New feature that gives me a chance to obtain items with higher quality. They work on quest rewards, right? But in what else? Please do elaborate. Is the upgrade displayed before or after I choose or claim the reward?

2- Increasing Bonus Upgrade
It has come to my attention that I can increase this chance further more. One method is by building the Dwarven Bunker in the Alliance Garrison. Another method is by taking the Rugged Upgrades in the Hunter Order. Do they stack together and work in all content? Or they work diferently?

3- Legion Artifacts
Looking at some of the lv20 players displayed in this forum, I noticed they are wielding artifacts with higher Item Level. This can be achieved with epic Relic Slots, but how can I obtain slots with such quality? Please elaborate.

4- Relic of the Past I
I saw the possibility to reduce the Item Level of some items. If I do so, will the Item Level of the item, along with its attributes, scale to lv20?

1. generally speaking it's quest rewards & single source drops; no preview of upgrade available, it's RNG.

2. WoD garrison's dwarven fortress upgrades only apply to WoD quest rewards, rare mob drops (& maybe dungeon drops, needs confirmation. i just know WoD dungeons can proc epic/warforged, but not sure if dwarven fortress has any effect on that).
Legion's class hall upgrade only applies to Legion quest rewards & rare mob drops.

3. ilvl 34 artifacts are obtained by putting relics that were looted on lvl 24 or lvl 25 toons (they are lvl 19 req, ilvl 28, and raise artifact ilvl by +7) [not available for pure F2Ps]

4. Relic of the Past equipment comes in pre-set levels, the only one available to 20s is lvl 14 req, item lvl 19. very few trinkets are useful at that low item lvl.

some of this stuff can be found in the discussions of the 20s FAQ:
https://xpoff.com/threads/20s-guide-index-and-faq-read-before-posting-new-threads.95324/
just might take some time to dig through.

Last edited:
Appreciate the response! Indeed, I consulted that FAQ before opening this post.

On regard with question #3. Is there any way I can obtain such relics, or any other way to increase the artifact to that ilvl?

On regard with question #3. Is there any way I can obtain such relics, or any other way to increase the artifact to that ilvl?
not without gametime.
you're kind of stuck hoping you get 2 epic relics to get a maximum ilvl 33 artifact, which is not a huge difference from the vets who have ilvl 34. in most cases it's only weapon dmg that sees an increase, and stats are the same (with a few getting 1 more in a given secondary stat)

I have another question, if you don't mind me asking!

In WoW 20' Atlas by Chubakass, the Wrist gear piece for mail-wearers has an gem slot. This is for 2 wrist found in the BFA dungeons. But I fail to see how both these wrists have such socket. Is there a secret to obtain the items in this way?

BfA dungeon drops can proc sockets + tertiary stats, he is referring to just running the dungeons a bunch until you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread