F2p fire mage crit chance

Leek

Legend
sup guys. Recently ever since patch 6.1 came out i noticed that my fire mage is getting ALOT less pyroblast procs. In 6.0 my crit chance was 24% and i could get 3-7 insta pyros in a row. In 6.1 my crit is 26% but i got 0-1 insta pyros PER GAME. Any one knows why that is...?

well yeah it is... but shouldnt i be getting more pyroblast procs with more crit chance? so weird....

I play a fire mage at 29 (Nisx) and It is RNG and it is annoying. Those games where you get many procs are the BEST and the ones where you get unlucky are so fucking shit its unreal. It just means increasing crit chance ends up being so important. I have managed 45% crit chance on my mage and it helps a huge amount.

lol im thinking that scorch should replace frostfire bolt instead of fireball replacing frostfire. Lower level players that are leveling (lvl 12-20) find it VERY hard to do quests that require u to fight bosses. i got more crits when i got frost fire bolt to cast with fire ball and fireblast.

Reason, why I dont like crit. It is pure RNG. For example, you can have 99,99% crit chance, but still u can do 10 non-crits in row...

still..i dont know why but i have always loved fire mage's playstyle... the reduced pyro procs are REALLY gimping my damage. im averaging 5/10 players in wsg at the moment

First time trying Mage and I love it, what's the worst spec?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you have so much crit? On my mage I'm running around 21% in BGs I believe. I don't have Messner's Cuff's or anything but I don't think 1-2 pieces of gear should really put me at a much lower amount of crit (also alliance as well).

How do you have so much crit? On my mage I'm running around 21% in BGs I believe. I don't have Messner's Cuff's or anything but I don't think 1-2 pieces of gear should really put me at a much lower amount of crit (also alliance as well).
every bit of crit counts. if u go horde go blood elf. if u go alli go worgen

I was hoping someone would say that :), gonna get working on my mage now
it really is one of the most fun classes IF you can get 2 crits in a row... funny thing is, when i had lower crit chance i had more procs. i had 0 procs with the furious howl buff, making my crit 30%. i had the most procs at 23% with 4

Full crit wod enchants with lavish ring and the belt from stockade. I'm on my phone but my mage is called Nisx on Aerie peak if you want to take a look. 45 is with wep proc. Crit is the only way to go as fire really. If you don't like it I'd advise haste arcane which I run on my 19 and it's very strong.

Im so happy with my newest fire mage since it finally feels viable xD

Pyroez

PS: its not that bad guys just burn shit with caution!

Im so happy with my newest fire mage since it finally feels viable xD

Pyroez

PS: its not that bad guys just burn shit with caution!
XD nice to hear from you pyroez.... lol my play style is waaay more reckless.

sup guys. Recently ever since patch 6.1 came out i noticed that my fire mage is getting ALOT less pyroblast procs. In 6.0 my crit chance was 24% and i could get 3-7 insta pyros in a row. In 6.1 my crit is 26% but i got 0-1 insta pyros PER GAME. Any one knows why that is...?

Pyroblast proc means you did 2 crits in a row. You have 24% crit with the first spell, but you want the second to crit too in order to get the proc. The probabilities to get it are 24% of 24%, a bit less than 6%. When you cast 2 spells, you only have 6% chances to get your pyroblast proc.

every bit of crit counts. if u go horde go blood elf. if u go alli go worgen

Ah damn, yeah, I went human because I was originally intending to play frost. I might switch back to it though because I like how it can sorta "fend for itself". I can't really race change/faction change either because my account is still trial (non-vet, not sure if you can pay for transactions on a vet account, but regardless..)

Pyroblast proc means you did 2 crits in a row. You have 24% crit with the first spell, but you want the second to crit too in order to get the proc. The probabilities to get it are 24% of 24%, a bit less than 6%. When you cast 2 spells, you only have 6% chances to get your pyroblast proc.
in 6.0.3 my crit chance was 23% but i got like 6 procs in a row before in a bg. now i hardly get any.

Users who are viewing this thread