EU+US F2P emotes gone

Discussion in 'Free to Play' started by merl_D, Mar 6, 2019.

Share This Page

Tags:
  1. OP
    merl_D

merl_D Veteran

Wetlands BAD, Arathi Highlands BAD, Hillsbrad Foothills GOOD.
    Go figure.

2. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

I've been getting "you can't yell" error messages even when I haven't attempted emotes

It's a little weird

3. Kórnikus20

Kórnikus20 Member

yup, time to send a report

but at least, f2p can keep dancing with this hat:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Brihan

Brihan Not a Veteran

It should be happening while opening map and not moving ... it triggers the /read emote animation and btw the error ...

5. Kórnikus20

Kórnikus20 Member

also the winter hearstone allow you to dance

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brihan

Brihan Not a Veteran

More news about this "bug" !

It seems that now, the word have been spread among GM so they have all the same answers :
    the devs figured out that there was an exploit to bypass f2p restrictions and that, to prevent any additionnal problem, they just hit that big red emergency button "Stop any way of communication for f2p" until it get solved.

It also seems that Blibli is not really planning to reduce f2p ways of communication for now

Now, we just have to hope that the Devs will fix that thing quickly ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What kind of things can you do with emotes that could bypass f2p restrictions ?? :/
    Seems to be a major thing due to how they reacted ...
    It now begins to be interresting ...

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. SPQR

SPQR Legend

now im interested in the bug in question...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mythic Al

Mythic Al Boring Troll

Me too! Anyone have any ideas?

9. Dragpz

Dragpz Grandfathered

I wouldn't be surprised if the next "bug" is the removal of F2P/Vets.

• Surprised Surprised x 1
  10. Mythic Al

Mythic Al Boring Troll

You shut your mouth, heathen!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. SPQR

SPQR Legend

29s gonna die next day then. can't let that be a thing!
    But nah, you underestimate the amount of money current f2p and vet system brought to them.

12. Chops

Lemme take a stab in the dark and guess that emoting is supposed to work like /say and only be seen by people close to our level range.

13. Brihan

Brihan Not a Veteran

I don't think that's the reason of all that mess ... you don't just push the emergency button for a communication feature that has been there since the beginning 8 years ago. GMs are talking about a "bug", so that seems to be something more exploitable than just communicating with high levels ...

But it can clearly ends with a limitation of emotes to the same level than what we have with /s and /e ... in that case, how would it works for emote animations ? emote voices ? ... could only be seen by lvl30 max ? Would be sad ...

Still very curious to know what this bug/exploit can be to create such a mess ...

14. Mythic Al

Mythic Al Boring Troll

I speculate it has something to do with emoting an NPC to get some ridiculous buff or consumable that 20s are not supposed to have access to.

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Cowmoon

Cowmoon New Member

if i am correct during certain holiday events you could emote to an npc and get a buff but i am not 100% sure if i am remembering correctly. Maybe f2ps were not supposed to have those buffs, idk.

16. Chops

Couldn't you /kiss peddlefeet and get some stupid big Stam buff?

But I don't see how that allows communication

17. Brihan

Brihan Not a Veteran

You could, some twinks managed to get around 5k+ hp with it and by stacking many other buffs (not sure about the exact amount, I can't find again the post ...). And this buff was available for anyone ^^ I don't see why blibli would just punish f2p when everyone else can get it, and when it's just their scaling system which is broken :D

The "bug" should be even more gamebreaking, because GM told about "bypassing starter edition restrictions". And concerning communication, if it was just the commonly used combo pet-name + /point ... damn they took a long time to figure it out :D

Imo, if it's related to emotes, just getting an item/buff is not enough to get those emergency restrictions (any lvl20-p2p-vet could also get it, so they just have to patch the guy who gives the buff/object when emoted so that he has a level required ... and it doesn't take one week to solve such a minor thing)

When you think about other "main" (and listed) restrictions, you get :
    - 10 gold limitation (i don't think any NPC can have an effect on it)
    - profession level limitation (if i find any NPC leveling my profession by just emoting it, damn, he would be my pixelated god :D )
    - pet battles ?

Can't see many other things that f2p have and that is not a problem with other lvl20 :/

Time to find some GM to ask subtile questions ...

18. SPQR

SPQR Legend

19. OP
    merl_D

merl_D Veteran

does the /e have the same limitation as /say in that it isn't heard by anyone too different in level? That's a difference from most emotes like /Nod that I assume anyone nearby can see.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 11, 2019 ---
    So, let's assume someone is using f2p for a commercial purpose like selling gold. They create an account, perhaps many accounts, and then .... what? The best theory I've heard so far is that they rename a pet to that commercial website. Presumably, they then do a lot of /point from then on. Without access to /point, they will still be seen to have a pet with a lengthy name that amounts to a URL. If this is the "bug" of which Blizzard will not name, wouldn't their problem be with either the /Point emote or even better with the ability for a pet name to look anything like a URL? Maybe they could just make it impossible to use any special characters in a pet name.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2019 ---
    "Rams on the Lam" is listed as Shareable, so I guess you could team up with someone who can /Whistle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Brihan

Brihan Not a Veteran

Pet names are limited to 16 symbols, and neither "/" ":" "." or any special character (such as for names) works (at least none used in url*) ... even numbers can't be used

Making advertisement with site address in unlikely (or maybe shortened url, but in that case, uppercases and lowercases matters, which is not compatible with how pet names are written by the game), and still it won't looks like an url if you put no "/" or "." so nothing that blibli can really detect ....

And i never saw in 12 years of p2p wow anyone making advertisement with pets ... but imo, it's far away from being something really efficient :D

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)