F2P account dinged after winning a BG

Oopsydaisy

So basically on my level 20 that is fully kitted out in what is now grandfathered gear dinged 21 after winning a match of Gilneas. In my character profile it said that I had already reached the level cap when I was 20 and yet I still gained xp. Also when I did ding 21, there was no animation - I just got bumped up there after winning the BG.

I have submitted a ticket but I feel like they're going to take one look at all the GF gear and just say 'We are sorry about this bug but we cant do anything'

So has anyone else had this happen to them before or during this patch? Have you had any luck with GMs regarding this bug if so?

Pretty annoyed but I guess these things happen. Maybe it's karma for all the items I grinded over the past week.

Edit - Also I killed a load of rares in spires and nagrand and unfortunately even at 21, the Nagrand rares drop nothing and all of the rare drops in spire had a level requirement on them (even trinkets). It crossed my mind to level to 25, kill some rares in nagrand, get the items and then hope by then a GM would have reset me back to 20, but I'd prob lose the newly obtained items in the process anyways.

Oh big rip. Doubt they’ll set you back a level. As far as I know that’s never happened before. Hopefully that’s a bug or a lot of us will be pretty fucked.

Let me guess: you mean you leveled a vet because you didn't restart the client after your gametime went out and you leveled?

Yeah, common bug. Folks (including myself) have had luck being deleveled in the past but only when they fall victim to this particular bug. If you just made a fuck up, chances are much slimmer.

Now if you mean an actual F2P account, then that's a different story and a not so common bug as @Boognish said.

GL

Did you just transfer your toon to a unsub account? Or did your sub just end and that was your first bg?
[doublepost=1603407996,1603407864][/doublepost]
So basically on my level 20 that is fully kitted out in what is now grandfathered gear dinged 21 after winning a match of Gilneas. In my character profile it said that I had already reached the level cap when I was 20 and yet I still gained xp. Also when I did ding 21, there was no animation - I just got bumped up there after winning the BG.

I have submitted a ticket but I feel like they're going to take one look at all the GF gear and just say 'We are sorry about this bug but we cant do anything'

So has anyone else had this happen to them before or during this patch? Have you had any luck with GMs regarding this bug if so?

Pretty annoyed but I guess these things happen. Maybe it's karma for all the items I grinded over the past week.

Edit - Also I killed a load of rares in spires and nagrand and unfortunately even at 21, the Nagrand rares drop nothing and all of the rare drops in spire had a level requirement on them (even trinkets). It crossed my mind to level to 25, kill some rares in nagrand, get the items and then hope by then a GM would have reset me back to 20, but I'd prob lose the newly obtained items in the process anyways.

That’s a risky idea but could be really rewarding!!!! It’s 50/50 my man

Higher you go lesser of a chance, hard enough getting 1 lvl reversed

Let me guess: you mean you leveled a vet because you didn't restart the client after your gametime went out and you leveled?

Yeah, common bug. Folks (including myself) have had luck being deleveled in the past but only when they fall victim to this particular bug. If you just made a fuck up, chances are much slimmer.

Now if you mean an actual F2P account, then that's a different story and a not so common bug as @Boognish said.

GL

Membership ran out and no it wasn't a pure F2P account, it was a vet. It never even crossed my mind to reset the client because all of the stuff ingame said I was f2p (asking me to purchase an upgrade, character profile saying im at free trial cap, gold cap etc.) I hope you're right about the successful appeals in the past dude but I won't hold my breath.

Also just realized your username really lives up to this situation

Membership ran out and no it wasn't a pure F2P account, it was a vet. It never even crossed my mind to reset the client because all of the stuff ingame said I was f2p (asking me to purchase an upgrade, character profile saying im at free trial cap, gold cap etc.) I hope you're right about the successful appeals in the past dude but I won't hold my breath.
Because it's an actual bug Blizzard is pretty good about fixing that shit. I've seen it happen over a dozen times to others and I've had it happen to myself.

Just explain to Blizzard what happened and why it shouldn't have happened. Don't try to sugar coat it with bullshit, be genuine and polite. Good chance they'll give you what you want.
[doublepost=1603408438,1603408400][/doublepost]
Also just realized your username really lives up to this situation
Joined date: today, good chance OP only made this account to post this thread lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
They told me it's something they dont do. This was yesterday.
[doublepost=1603517671,1603517118][/doublepost]
16035176040601178415061990912862.jpg

Oh big rip. Doubt they’ll set you back a level. As far as I know that’s never happened before. Hopefully that’s a bug or a lot of us will be pretty fucked.
It can never be done, no GM has the authority to revert levels.. I had talk to them many years ago about this, regardless of how it happens, nobody in wow can revert a player's level.. Unless maybe you are the big boss of blizzard you can order them to do it

It can never be done, no GM has the authority to revert levels.. I had talk to them many years ago about this, regardless of how it happens, nobody in wow can revert a player's level.. Unless maybe you are the big boss of blizzard you can order them to do it
my self and fellow twinks have had their twinks deleved multiple times, i know couple people that hit 22+ and went back to 20 it just takes time to get the correct GM

my self and fellow twinks have had their twinks deleved multiple times, i know couple people that hit 22+ and went back to 20 it just takes time to get the correct GM

Same, I leveled a character to 21 during the grace period and was able to get it deleveled, luckily in one ticket. If they are unable to do it for you, put in another one and try to explain that you want to play your vet character but can't now that he's 21. Maybe it might take a little bit more trying since they're probably busy after the pre-patch, but you'll have to put in more tickets

Nice to know that it can be done ! In my case.. none of my toons were 20, they were usually some glitches that send me over my last log in level, 69 became 70, 79 became 80 that kind, ticket endlessly to no avail. Maybe they treat 20s specially.

Users who are viewing this thread