EU+US F2P 8.0 Discussion

Not sure if everyone can access the Royal Lounge, I'll make a video about it anyways (of course crediting Dragpz too :) ), the basic idea is going to Light's hope chapel, luring a monster to kill you near the chapel itself and walk into paladin class hall as ghost, rez next to portal and click it instantly.

As for what we can obtain: I didn't log in yet, but our good friend @Babydoll did visit Legion before

*cough* vet scum *cough*

So basically use his armory as a pretty complete checklist

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/aggramar/ßabydoll/achievements/quests/legion

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/aggramar/ßabydoll/achievements/exploration/legion

Edit: why don’t we all just make this thread the „what new can we get now”?

I for one am very interested if the profession changes brought us any new enchants, bags, alchemy recipes, potion recipes, gear?

Last edited:
Any word on how Vet and F2P profs behave? Are we still capped at 100 and are Vets still gimped?

I'm not gonna have time till this weekend to poke around in any meaningful way but I'll grind out the various profs and see whats changed. I've got enough toons with max or near max in just about every prof that it shouldn't take much

logging in on a vet, there are still locks on flying tiger goggles and similar / higher items. outland to pandaria crafting have no locks cos they only go up to 75 skill. wod to bfa crafting have locks on some higher items past 75 skill.

most of those expansion dont affect us cos they have level requirements except the bugged northrend engineering, if you have mats, you could reach 75 skill. but you cant get any mats without gametime cos you need to smelt cobalt which requires northrend mining which has a level requirement

Yep, sadly Vet's still have their prof's gimped. Can't believe after an entire profession overhaul, they still managed to keep this.....:mad:
upload_2018-7-18_22-34-41.png

But I did have access to Pandaren cooking. I did purchase some of these recipes pre-8.0, but now I seem to be able to get a lot more, and even to level it.
upload_2018-7-18_22-36-18.png

upload_2018-7-18_22-39-10.png

Do pure F2Ps have access to Honor Levels? Or are we forever level 1?

Seems like we are stuck at 1 :(

On topic: does anyone know how can I progress or even start Northrend Engineering? I have 100/300 on my hunter, and as far as I understand from tooltips it counts as if I had northrend engi, but I can't learn any recipes, nor outland ones for that matter. The only ones that show up are cataclysm engi.

Seems like we are stuck at 1 :(

On topic: does anyone know how can I progress or even start Northrend Engineering? I have 100/300 on my hunter, and as far as I understand from tooltips it counts as if I had northrend engi, but I can't learn any recipes, nor outland ones for that matter. The only ones that show up are cataclysm engi.
You may have to go to Northrend proper? Like the old days?
[doublepost=1531963075,1531961813][/doublepost]
Not sure if everyone can access the Royal Lounge
Warrior got there well enough

Worth noting that the mobs you need to kill you are leashed right about the point you need to die, so just a heads up that might take a try or two if you're stupid like me

another thread says northrend engineering has been fixed though. even so, its only for vets, pure f2p couldnt learn it cos it costs more than 10 gold. plus you cant learn northrend mining so you cant get any mats to craft anything

Hey Icehawk.

How did you manage to level up pandaren cooking? as a lvl 29, I tried using a pandaren recipe I had, I could make the food, but I could not get any exp from it.

Pandaren cooking is the only cooking I have thats level 0.

Hey Icehawk.

How did you manage to level up pandaren cooking? as a lvl 29, I tried using a pandaren recipe I had, I could make the food, but I could not get any exp from it.

Pandaren cooking is the only cooking I have thats level 0.
Im not Icehawk but

I was able to purchase additional Panda recipes and even leveled Panda cooking just like you'd normally level any profession.
[doublepost=1531965397,1531965363][/doublepost]
Stupid question, will the portals in new Dalaran work for F2P? Should I set my hearthstone there?
Used the glitch to get to New Dal, worked fine, set my hearth there as major city and panda portals exist in New Dal and the ports work

I went to the Cooking trainer that is in the valley of the four winds, halfhill.

It unlocked my Pandaria cooking bar.

It gave me 2 recipes. (needle mushroom/red bean cake).

The recipes are coloured orange, which means that I will get exp from them.

However when I made those two foods, I got no exp.

That's all.

Did you try those 2 recipes? maybe they are exp stagnant?

Maybe pandaria cooking is only maxable for the people who unlocked all the recipes before this expansion, maybe.

Im not Icehawk but
Hahaha, there can be only one! :p

@Domunique Did u purchase any of the recipes pre-8.0? I had purchased the recipes a long time ago. Then all I did yesterday was go to vendor, picked up about 5 or 6 recipes, dropped a fishing line in the dirty pond nearby, caught a few fish and levelled by cooking fish.

Either it’s been hotfixed, or maybe u need to have purchased it pre-8.0? The latter would be my guess.

i did not learn the recipes pre 8.0, that might be the problem

i learnt them just now

i didn't try cooking fish, i tried other pandaren dishes though

My guess is that the few Pandaren recipes that were available at low cooking skill level (Like 1, 15 and 50 or something) next to the little Tiller Cooking Bazaar triggered us automatically getting Pandaren Cooking since those recipes are exclusive to level 85+ content. Since we knew the recipes (as Starter Edition in my case) we also had to know the base Cooking skill. I have not yet tried to visit that Tiller's Bazaar on a character who has not picked up those recipes.

I went to the Cooking trainer that is in the valley of the four winds, halfhill.

It unlocked my Pandaria cooking bar.

It gave me 2 recipes. (needle mushroom/red bean cake).

The recipes are coloured orange, which means that I will get exp from them.

However when I made those two foods, I got no exp.

That's all.

Did you try those 2 recipes? maybe they are exp stagnant?

Maybe pandaria cooking is only maxable for the people who unlocked all the recipes before this expansion, maybe.

How many did you make? Because I did notice that I'm not getting near the level up that I did pre patch.

I leveled panda cooking to 15 last night using recipes i learned last night but it took me probably 50 dishes to get those 15 points

Last edited:
I literally made 15-20 dishes, using a brown coloured recipe, and no xp, not even one level.

Tried it on both my 29 twinks.

None of them gathered any pandaren recipes beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread