"exploits" to share or not to share ?

Merlin

Grandfathered
many exploits had been taken off the game over the years, i am just wondering, if a twink, or some twinks, discovered some ingenious way to gain significant advantage for his character, would you shout out to everyone and show them the way to do it ? or would you keep it to yourself ?

well .. let me just say that .. lvl59 - lvl69 is able to enter lvl70 heroic dungeons, and to use the heroic bc gems :D

if a twink, or some twinks, discovered some ingenious way to gain significant advantage for his character, would you shout out to everyone and show them the way to do it ?
In most cases, "yes". Absolutely.

The whole reason I finally started posting (after almost a decade of lurking) was my belief that by sharing my "discoveries", it would encourage others to do the same... thereby giving everyone (myself included) access to more content/gear/knowledge/etc. than we would have had otherwise.

That being said... if I'm perfectly honest: if I came up with a truly "ingenious" playstyle technique of some sort, I might actually keep that to myself while I tried to figure-out how to "refine" it (or at least until someone noticed my "disproportionate" PvP ability). :D

In most cases, "yes". Absolutely.

The whole reason I finally started posting (after almost a decade of lurking) was my belief that by sharing my "discoveries", it would encourage others to do the same... thereby giving everyone (myself included) access to more content/gear/knowledge/etc. than we would have had otherwise.

That being said... if I'm perfectly honest: if I came up with a truly "ingenious" playstyle technique of some sort, I might actually keep that to myself while I tried to figure-out how to "refine" it (or at least until someone noticed my "disproportionate" PvP ability). :D
i didnt join until recently .. i was just reading off posts here for the past so many years as well .. cos i am always a lone player .. but i realise when something is out in the open, then very soon it will be taken off the game :D

well .. let me just say that .. lvl59 - lvl69 is able to enter lvl70 heroic dungeons, and to use the heroic bc gems :D
u sure 59 is the lowest lvl to enter? :p

lvl59 can enter .. but cannot loot anything .. same for lvl60 .. i dont have other lvl in 60s to try, so i dont know if 61, 62, 63 etc can loot anything .. i know it works for lvl69 cos my 69s running them daily, only useful for intel/versa users (casters)

lvl59 can enter .. but cannot loot anything .. same for lvl60 .. i dont have other lvl in 60s to try, so i dont know if 61, 62, 63 etc can loot anything .. i know it works for lvl69 cos my 69s running them daily, only useful for intel/versa users (casters)

Level 60 can't loot, you're right. But the gems are BoP so 60's can't equip them.

69's have always been able to use them, no?

many exploits had been taken off the game over the years, i am just wondering, if a twink, or some twinks, discovered some ingenious way to gain significant advantage for his character, would you shout out to everyone and show them the way to do it ? or would you keep it to yourself ?
I mean hell yea i would if there were more nicer twinks but after years of being treated like shit i tend to keep things to myself. Although i do drink a lot and in a giving mood i guess...

I would say no, maybe to some friends but too many snitches on this site now

Level 60 can't loot, you're right. But the gems are BoP so 60's can't equip them.
69's have always been able to use them, no?
i didnt know, i thought only 70 and up can enter the heroic dungeon

i didnt know, i thought only 70 and up can enter the heroic dungeon
I'v never done it myself but i'm guessing you can walk in but can't que for it. Back in BC a buddy of mine tanked kara on a lvl 68-69 war but idk if you can still get into raids like that.

I'v never done it myself but i'm guessing you can walk in but can't que for it. Back in BC a buddy of mine tanked kara on a lvl 68-69 war but idk if you can still get into raids like that.
so far i have only seen a couple of very very old toons who are still holding those gems on their characters .. the spirit stat has been changed to versa, it is rare for anyone to hold their toons that long without lvling them

so far i have only seen a couple of very very old toons who are still holding those gems on their characters .. the spirit stat has been changed to versa, it is rare for anyone to hold their toons that long without lvling them
Yea i guess i couldn't handle it cause all 3 of mine from BC-wrath are gone for good :(

Not on this website! :)

Yeah you can walk into the dungeons and clear them at 59+ but only 67 (i think?) can loot the gems.

There's also int haste gems which are quite useful.

Users who are viewing this thread