Exchanging old quest items?

Dcm

idc
So before I ask my question, I just wanna clarify something. I'm not trying to exploit, as this is for a quest that I had done before, but I had simply picked the wrong quest item.

But has anyone tried to exchange an old scaled quest item to obtain a different item, but of the old scaled ilvl? As an example, I'm an idiot and I picked Rifle Eyepatch from stockades quest 4 years ago, ilvl 30 of course, and I want the Stockades Shield, but ilvl 30. Has anyone attempted to do this or something similar? If so, with success or without?

Also, I understand it was long ago, but I know of people who got OLD gf'd quest items restored to them (after them having done the quest of course), after many many years.

Your only chance is having the GM give you the other quest item in exchange for the one you chose. I’ve done this before in the past.

Your only chance is having the GM give you the other quest item in exchange for the one you chose. I’ve done this before in the past.
Yeah I don't want the eyepatch, 1000% useless for paladin. I'm perfectly fine with them taking eyepatch away in exchange for the shield.

You might.
I have done it once. But this is once waaay before the online do it yourself restore function. And even then they gave me a hard time over it.
Your challenge getting it done is going to be two fold. It is quest item. And it something that happened a long long time ago.
All you can do is try.
Just remember, you are the paying customer. Be nice, courteous and professional when asking for something in a ticket. A little sugar goes a long way.
Like my granny always told me. “You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.”

/cheers

i have had the same issue a year ago. made a ticket and asked a GM to get shield in return for eye patch.
But the GM denied doing so

Thanks for the input. I mean the thing I'm really trying to put emphasis on is obtaining the item at ilvl 30. If I were to have done the quest, after scaling, it would be ilvl 23, but before scaling it was ilvl 30. (Same with eyepatch, which I have at ilvl 30) I wanted to know if anyone had attempted this specifically?

edit- also, its worth noting that I've had old quest items restored to me, even with the item DIY restoration being available, so I know it's possible. When I needed this done, I got lucky and I found a nice GM who sent me the item after seeing I had completed the quest.

It is possible for the gm to possibly exchange your item (depends on gm) but it doesn't look like they can give the unscaled one (ilvl 30) just like that.

Doubt they still do it, GM's barely have access to such function anymore. Everything they do goes through the same system the auto restore gear/character thing works on. They're no longer on an in-game client where they have custom options like pre MoP/cata.

Just guessing though, if anyone can confirm they've had it done recently then sure it might still be possible :) always worth a try atleast

I am in the same boat as Dcm and got the eyepatch exchanged for the shield, but the shield was restored at Ilvl 23 instead of 30. When I petitioned the ticket further to get the shield exchanged for the 30 version they said they cannot do that anymore. It's possible that it can be done I think but the odds are very low.

Happy gming everyone! remember to ask for a gm joke

I was told by a GM the other day that they only have access to player files up to 72hrs old, after that there is nothing they can do. RIP my ret paladin, now level 21

Users who are viewing this thread