Every Dungeon Soloed as a Pure F2P Hunter

Vyvenem

I finally did it after a lot of procrastination.

No ilvl28 greens. No Drums. Never got Hidden Satyr for a little extra damage. Sometimes used Alchemy Flask. Used currently obtainable gear (all ilvl25 and below, with the exception of my helm which is a world drop).
dgm1.png
dgm2.png
dgm3.png
dgm4.png
dgm5.png

Now I can finally start playing the game.

Last edited:
Which one was the hardest in your opinion?
Bloodmaul Slag Mines, but only because Crushto was so hard to manage that I quit doing new dungeons for 9 months. There were endless adds and MM hunters have no AoE skill for that fight. I beat it with like 2% health remaining.

Most dungeons are easy but time consuming. The worst ones are the ones where a boss is immune to pet taunts, but then it is just a juggle of threat between me and my pet via Feign Death / Shadowmeld.

Bloodmaul Slag Mines, but only because Crushto was so hard to manage that I quit doing new dungeons for 9 months. There were endless adds and MM hunters have no AoE skill for that fight. I beat it with like 2% health remaining.

Most dungeons are easy but time consuming. The worst ones are the ones where a boss is immune to pet taunts, but then it is just a juggle of threat between me and my pet via Feign Death / Shadowmeld.

So what I am hearing is .... I need to quit looking for dungeons runs for my socket gear and do it myself? Thats harsh :p

So what I am hearing is .... I need to quit looking for dungeons runs for my socket gear and do it myself?
I mean if you can find groups that's definitely preferable for speed. But yeah, you should totally just solo dungeons instead :)

And here I am getting shit on by Ramstein in Stratholme... :Sadge:
I believe in you! Keep fighting!

PS: I finally made it! Better late than never. But now I have no idea which neck to put it on since Legion dungeon loot is bugged :(
neck.png

PS: I finally made it! Better late than never. But now I have no idea which neck to put it on since Legion dungeon loot is bugged :(
Im going to encourage you to wait. there is a non-zero chance that when Legion dungeon loot is fixed, it starts proccing sockets at our level (just a personal gut feeling, not based on anything) and youll want it for that. If that doesnt happen, maybe consider farming a socketed Void-Touched Diamond Necklace

For sure I will wait. I was hoping to farm for Brysngamen, Torc of Helheim just because I think the effect on it is cool (does it even work? I hate that we can't see move speed in game anymore). I just hope it's fixed soon.
Unless its broken recently or has some hidden ilvl requirement it should work. People used it in the raid for the argus fight since it has people spending a significant amount of time "dead" collecting orbs

It's amazing seeing that you can achieve being a F2P and doing it solo.

I myself soloed dungeons on my hunter back in the days, when it was level 70 twink. If I didn't have my pet, then it would be difficult!

I finally did it after a lot of procrastination.

No ilvl28 greens. No Drums. Never got Hidden Satyr for a little extra damage. Sometimes used Alchemy Flask. Used currently obtainable gear (all ilvl25 and below, with the exception of my helm which is a world drop).
View attachment 20202 View attachment 20203 View attachment 20204 View attachment 20205 View attachment 20206
Now I can finally start playing the game.
Would you be willing to share your gearing choices as a pure f2p approaching this?

Would you be willing to share your gearing choices as a pure f2p approaching this?
Click on my name in my sig to see my gear. You'll need to find some good gear from quests first to get enough power to solo dungeons for dungeon gear with sockets. All my gear was 100% obtained as a F2P with some effort and luck.

EDIT: I forgot to mention there's an ilvl28 green vendor in Longying Outpost in Townlong Steppes. Other than that, getting gear from the BfA dungeons with socket procs would also be good (socket +3 Agi or something similar)

Last edited:
can't see move speed in game anymore

On this, I started using an addon called DejaCharacterStats which taught me that the movespeed from the boot enchant (10%) does NOT stack with the movespeed bonus from the Hunter pets (8% or whatever) . I was hoping they'd stack so that I could run back to the dungeon bosses after every time I died :Sadge:

Also shows, like, a whole freaking bunch of stat's that I can't believe aren't shown by default

Actually looking at the spreadsheet again, only the Minor Speed stacks with anything else. Maybe this would work with the pet speed buff? Not sure as I've only had the ones with stats. Good catch!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/12xz0243YlWix58YrVRZqdg4xLaszpxjr2gfAMt7XZBs/htmlview#

But they all seem to only give 10% bonus
Yeah the ones with stats dont play nice with most other sources of move speed. This post is from BFA so may be slightly outdated but most of the combinations detailed here should still hold true
https://xpoff.com/threads/19-quick-start-gearing-guide-bfa.79275/page-3#post-1107770

Reactions: Sil

Users who are viewing this thread