EU19 Revival Project - Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting

Thanks for reaching me out, Redrum.

At this moment, I cannot participate in this activity, as I'm bound by work and university to fully dedicate myself to this project, but somewhere next year I can definitely join the cause. You're a very trustworthy guy and you're a fellow oldschool who was always a pleasure to fight against. Also, you had been running your guild/guilds every since Vanilla.

Hopefully you'll make a better comeback than me, in terms of field performance. Count me in as soon as I'm finished and settled.

Reaching out key people and friends to see this:

- Balditron
- Mesikämmen
- Smull
- critrage
- Whatgoesup
- Trialdruid
- Kiri
- Jva
- The Saint
- Dinkorastamán
- [MENTION=553]Blackout[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=14727]Vanillamilk[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:
there is like 4-5 guys left in this bracket that i would give my full support to, red is one of them. he is IMO the best rogue in the brack, but who really gives a f**k about that? if you're after a stand up guy, then look no further.

Redrum is the best rogue in the bracket and atleast the most experienced. ( blackout too )
I'm up for this
What happens when TL realise that the bracket is back they come back alliance stop queuing ? ( no offence meant to anyone that could find anyway in taking offence through anything I've said ) :) ??

Redrum is the best rogue in the bracket and atleast the most experienced. ( blackout too )
I'm up for this
What happens when TL realise that the bracket is back they come back alliance stop queuing ? ( no offence meant to anyone that could find anyway in taking offence through anything I've said ) :) ??

You do relise ally always had stronger pugs right? Maybe this time they wont stop queing, but we shall see i guess. :cool:

True man but what if all the guys from AAO are like
Let's go aggramar jaja?

That's actually a good question which I didn't really put much thought into, as many of us are interested in this plan. If we (AAO & Friends) go Horde (Aggramar), I don't think that we would've much people on Ally to make it happen.

Maybe the initiative has to be balanced out, both Horde and Ally guilds on Aggramar.

Thanks for all the great feedback folks.

@ Sputnick

Again cheers for the kind words man, I will reply to your PM within the next 24 hours because there are some complications with what you are asking for and I will address them privately very thoroughly for you to review (although hopefully some of this will be resolved below), as for that list of names I can tell you 5 of them are already confirmed with numerous other big names interested.

In the meantime there is something people need to be aware of and if this changes your decisions then so be it and maybe I am wasting my time:

The following had to be worded with extreme care and that is the reason why it took a long time to put up, I mean no offense to ANYONE in this community - I am just sharing with you my thoughts with you even if they are pretty blunt:

The phrase "living in the past" gets thrown around on this site way too much (I will admit that I too find it difficult let go of the fond memories I have of the time I have spent in this bracket and all the awesome people I have met) but you must understand that this project/guild is about the FUTURE of the bracket and if it is to survive or even reflect what it once was we WILL need to get more players interested as well as work together to some degree at least in my eyes.

It is difficult to do this when certain groups feel they are on some superior level to everyone else (not from a gameplay/skill perspective but from an authority standpoint) and will badmouth anyone who is new. If you haven't been seen by these people then you are automatically "bad" (ironically it happens if these people aren't even bad as well so I can only assume it is people feeling threatened that new, better people may show up one day) is an all-to-common mindset in this bracket more than any I have played in and this kind of ignorance pisses me off so much I can't even tell you as well as biblical levels of elitism and criticism reserved for only Deities and Hiphopatus.

This extends onto these forums as well when potential re-rollers check out the forums and see the pages of useless bullshit, mindless arguments about who's friends are better than who's and over-the-top elitism - It looks like a fucking nursery, a serious joke.

NEWSFLASH - It turns people away.

You missed one kick out of 100? Forever terrible

You were at the wrong place at the wrong time for 10 seconds of a 20 minute match out of 1000? Totally clueless

I could go on but you get the point, who the fuck cares? It's called making a mistake, only human. If you can honestly say you can play your A game 100% of the time, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day without making a single mistake with any aspect of the game then good for you.

Have I ever missed a kick? 100s.

Have I ever screwed a jump? Ofc.

What do you think this means?

NOTHING, not diddly shit.

That's not to say I'm discrediting anything anyone has done to help this bracket grow and flourish, not at all - but I know for fact that I am not the only one who has lost lots, most, if not all of the people we shared our memories with over the course of the game's lifespan and this is what happens when a community is TOO tight, it's hard to accept change, new people, new ideas and eventually we become our own downfall.

By no means am I saying we all need to hold hands or w/e, after all this bracket strives off competition and without it there would be nothing, but there's a difference between being competitive/civil/sportsmanlike and the alternative. Not everyone will get along with everyone, I got my fair share of people I can't stand even the sight of, and I'm sure they'd say the same back at me but it's a start at bringing in more competition.

Imagine every single person here in the current EU community in the same guild and a whole new bunch of tinks moving in on the scene? It would be insane and it's a shame because it's not entirely impossible it's just that the EU side of things is pretty much "run" by angsty teenagers with special needs and that is one thing I am envious of that the US community has, more mature people.

I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say here but if you need me to draw it up in crayon or mspaint or something then maybe this isn't for you.

Again I don't wanna come across to you as an asshole but some people need to wake up. I'm still baffled that the whole EU community just sat there and twiddled it's thumbs for a year and let this happen but oh well, now is the time we can put this right and making another guild to compete with the current steamrollers is a good start.

That is all.

Peace and happy new year.

tl;dr - Why are you even here then?

Edits for typos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this sums it up pretty well. My ms paint skills are of the highest skills!

View attachment 3333

Attachments

• twinks.jpg
    twinks.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 133
Thanks for all the great feedback folks.

@ Sputnick

Again cheers for the kind words man, I will reply to your PM within the next 24 hours because there are some complications with what you are asking for and I will address them privately very thoroughly for you to review (although hopefully some of this will be resolved below), as for that list of names I can tell you 5 of them are already confirmed with numerous other big names interested.

In the meantime there is something people need to be aware of and if this changes your decisions then so be it and maybe I am wasting my time:

The following had to be worded with extreme care and that is the reason why it took a long time to put up, I mean no offense to ANYONE in this community - I am just sharing with you my thoughts with you even if they are pretty blunt:

The phrase "living in the past" gets thrown around on this site way too much (I will admit that I too find it difficult let go of the fond memories I have of the time I have spent in this bracket and all the awesome people I have met) but you must understand that this project/guild is about the FUTURE of the bracket and if it is to survive or even reflect what it once was we WILL need to get more players interested as well as work together to some degree at least in my eyes.

It is difficult to do this when certain groups feel they are on some superior level to everyone else (not from a gameplay/skill perspective but from an authority standpoint) and will badmouth anyone who is new. If you haven't been seen by these people then you are automatically "bad" (ironically it happens if these people aren't even bad as well so I can only assume it is people feeling threatened that new, better people may show up one day) is an all-to-common mindset in this bracket more than any I have played in and this kind of ignorance pisses me off so much I can't even tell you as well as biblical levels of elitism and criticism reserved for only Deities and Hiphopatus.

This extends onto these forums as well when potential re-rollers check out the forums and see the pages of useless bullshit, mindless arguments about who's friends are better than who's and over-the-top elitism - It looks like a fucking nursery, a serious joke.

NEWSFLASH - It turns people away.

You missed one kick out of 100? Forever terrible

You were at the wrong place at the wrong time for 10 seconds of a 20 minute match out of 1000? Totally clueless

I could go on but you get the point, who the fuck cares? It's called making a mistake, only human. If you can honestly say you can play your A game 100% of the time, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day without making a single mistake with any aspect of the game then good for you.

Have I ever missed a kick? 100s.

Have I ever screwed a jump? Ofc.

What do you think this means?

NOTHING, not diddly shit.

That's not to say I'm discrediting anything anyone has done to help this bracket grow and flourish, not at all - but I know for fact that I am not the only one who has lost lots, most, if not all of the people we shared our memories with over the course of the game's lifespan and this is what happens when a community is TOO tight, it's hard to accept change, new people, new ideas and eventually we become our own downfall.

By no means am I saying we all need to hold hands or w/e, after all this bracket strives off competition and without it there would be nothing, but there's a difference between being competitive/civil/sportsmanlike and the alternative. Not everyone will get along with everyone, I got my fair share of people I can't stand even the sight of, and I'm sure they'd say the same back at me but it's a start at bringing in more competition.

Imagine every single person here in the current EU community in the same guild and a whole new bunch of tinks moving in on the scene? It would be insane and it's a shame because it's not entirely impossible it's just that the EU side of things is pretty much "run" by angsty teenagers with special needs and that is one thing I am envious of that the US community has, more mature people.

I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say here but if you need me to draw it up in crayon or mspaint or something then maybe this isn't for you.

Again I don't wanna come across to you as an asshole but some people need to wake up. I'm still baffled that the whole EU community just sat there and twiddled it's thumbs for a year and let this happen but oh well, now is the time we can put this right and making another guild to compete with the current steamrollers is a good start.

That is all.

Peace and happy new year.

tl;dr - Why are you even here then?

Edits for typos.

Good post. We'll have to look forward to the future.

But it stand an issue tho: There is not enough ally if this plan takes off. We need the Ying & Yang on Aggramar (H + A).

I know I have a guild with the same name and the banner on that website even says EU Aggramar but the faction and server has not been finalized and currently it's more than likely that this will take off on Alliance side to compete with TL, unless people are displeased with my wall of text and decide to go elsewhere and make another guild or AAO/HSA/ASNC take off again. Sorry for the confusion.

I know I have a guild with the same name and the banner on that website even says EU Aggramar but the faction and server has not been finalized and currently it's more than likely that this will take off on Alliance side to compete with TL, unless people are displeased with my wall of text and decide to go elsewhere and make another guild or AAO/HSA/ASNC take off again. Sorry for the confusion.

If we move AAO is def. to join forces with this project. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread