EU communities?

accel

After trying out level 20 bgs for the first time in SL (had a blast), I see that while queuing solo might work to an extent, long-term it makes sense to find people to queue with. Eg, I am not going to queue solo as a healer, however, I would happily queue as a healer together with some people who are actually worth healing (forgive the bluntness). Same the other way around, I would appreciate being paired with a healer who can actually heal me, and I am absolutely willing to babysit and protect him from all ills all throughout the match.

The forum is full of info for the US, but much less so for EU, hence a new thread.

Where do you guys hang out? I am EU, right now Alliance, but I am preparing a Horde character as well.

Guilds: I saw notes on how most people are on Argent Dawn, etc, but there are no guild names, it's all vague and generic. Also, I take it that since my sub now expired, guilds are a no go, because I cannot accept the invite - correct?

Communities: I have some discord links, cool, but what about in-game communities? I only ever saw the one by Tipie? Is it good? I mean, I heard stories of Tipie spamming and whatever, but if people in that community are actually partying up for bgs, I don't really care about anything else. So, do any of you get your groups there? Besides Tipie's, are there any other in-game communities I can join? Would appreciate some links.

Battletags: I saw some, I suppose I could start adding them, but I guess that's a last resort, because most are quite likely outdated - and there's not that many anyway. But maybe that's the way forward - to talk to other twinks in bgs and keep adding them. If there're some limitations here due to being level 20 / unsubbed, that I don't see, let me know.

Regarding partying itself, my understanding is that the process goes something like this: a subbed account logs in, invites level 20s, then leaves the party, then the party queues. Is this correct? I have a subbed account, so that's no problem, just want to be sure I understand how this is done.

Come on guys, where are you at?

accel said:
I see that while queuing solo might work to an extent, long-term it makes sense to find people to queue with. Eg, I am not going to queue solo as a healer

wise decision.. solo queing healer is so un-rewarding and not worth it lately :/ you have to work twice as hard if not more with little to no help from your team, the majority of 20 players seem to play for themselves and not for their team.

accel said:
Guilds: I saw notes on how most people are on Argent Dawn, etc, but there are no guild names, it's all vague and generic. Also, I take it that since my sub now expired, guilds are a no go, because I cannot accept the invite - correct?

I don't think there's any 20 community themed guild on EU like there seems to be on NA. the activity seems kinda spread atm with there being a few select guilds on some high pop realms, but I don't think they either recruit new players or that you would want to join them being one either..

as you said, you cannot join a guild if you have no active game time. additionally if plan to transfer a 20 char from your main account onto a vet acc with no game time, the character will be removed from the guild unless it's already a member on the account it's being transfered to.

accel said:
Communities: I have some discord links, cool, but what about in-game communities? I only ever saw the one by Tipie? Is it good? I mean, I heard stories of Tipie spamming and whatever, but if people in that community are actually partying up for bgs, I don't really care about anything else. So, do any of you get your groups there? Besides Tipie's, are there any other in-game communities I can join? Would appreciate some links.

I'm not sure how the situation with in-game communities is on alliance now as I was kicked from both of them lol.. when i say both it's because two ended up being made cause the ownership got lost from one of them or something? so there being two just made it more confusing to try cordinate ques.

idk if both still exsist as its been some months since I was in either of them. but from what I could tell people were trying to cordinate group ques in there from time to time, though be aware the quality of players isn't the best..

as for tipie's never ending begging & spamming people with invites, his community / discord is not something I would join myself for the sole reason of seeming way too desperate to get people to join them for it to seem like a good place to be in.

accel said:
Battletags: I saw some, I suppose I could start adding them, but I guess that's a last resort, because most are quite likely outdated - and there's not that many anyway. But maybe that's the way forward - to talk to other twinks in bgs and keep adding them. If there're some limitations here due to being level 20 / unsubbed, that I don't see, let me know.

talking to other 20s in bgs and asking to add their battletag is probably the best approach to find decent people to que & play with, there shouldnt be any limitations to it as long its a vet acc.

accel said:
Regarding partying itself, my understanding is that the process goes something like this: a subbed account logs in, invites level 20s, then leaves the party, then the party queues. Is this correct? I have a subbed account, so that's no problem, just want to be sure I understand how this is done.

pretty much how it goes, just convert the party to a raid if you're going to form a 5 man group. then pass lead when you leave with your subbed acc and convert it back afterwards.

you can also suggest invite people to make the process a tad smoother if you're going to reform the group or have issues with special letter names like queing with russians for example.

Last edited:
Hey!

So I'm pretty new to SL F2P twinking but I'm on EU Horde (Argent Dawn) so I'll try to give what I can (and in fact I'm also interested in finding more people to play with).

Horde wise I saw a few twinks in guilds but no way to tell if these are twink guilds or not: you'll probably have more chance in alliance but since it seems your sub has ended it's out of the table.

As far as I saw regarding the 20s community on horde, there's a ton of people on it but nobody is really talking or trying to group up to queue (it can happen though). The thing that I find nice about that community is that you're able to add battletags of people who are in the community (thing that I couldn't do directly in bgs but maybe I just don't know the trick) and since a lot of people are on it even though nobody speaks, you can often find the people you tagged with on it. I added a few people that way and was also able to group up with some of them once I had them on battletag, so that's a plus.

As far as I know, your understanding of how partying works is totally correct.

Finally, you can find my battletag on the "Farming Friends" pinned post on the forum and I'll gladly queue with you!

I hope I was of some help, best regards.

OK, thanks, will try btags from the Farming Friends thread here and from actual bgs, will likely try Tipie's community because what the hell, if it doesn't work, leaving is easy, etc.
[doublepost=1614696959,1614685373][/doublepost]Actually, you know what, I posted my own details in the Farming Friends thread, too, add me up:

ZFH#21736 - EU - currently A, H on the way

Vet, looking for bgs.

On btags. Out of all btags for EU in the Farming Friends thread, more than half report an error. The rest resulted in a single accept so far. Yeah... OK then.

Gonna make a guild for my upcoming chars on RC Horde but haven’t decided if I’m gonna make anything more serious than that. Guess it depends on activity and interest. Used to have a twink guild before.

I am on the brink of rolling one more in-game community. Although if I do this and for some reason this doesn't fail (I know, fat chance, but I cannot just walk away without trying), I will have to remain completely Alliance for a long time. (If I do this, I won't spam, promise.)

There is an active playerbase of Alliance people on Ravencrest, I know of an active twink guild called Stormwind Sewer Rats. We are recruiting new twinks everyday and are trying to organise in-guild PvP stuff :) We have over 10 twinks online at most times of the day! More than welcome to join ^^

There is an active playerbase of Alliance people on Ravencrest, I know of an active twink guild called Stormwind Sewer Rats. We are recruiting new twinks everyday and are trying to organise in-guild PvP stuff :) We have over 10 twinks online at most times of the day! More than welcome to join ^^

Do you (the guild you are talking about) have an in-game community? Because I am on a different realm and since I don't have a sub I cannot join any guilds. I can -- and would be happy to -- join a community, however.
[doublepost=1614788355,1614778597][/doublepost]Just thought of this: if not an in-game community, maybe you have a discord? That would also work.

If you aren't in the guild yourself, I guess I can roll a character on the realm and ask people in the guild.

Users who are viewing this thread