Equipment Enchants from different expansions...

Zorch

Do you have to “learn” Enchanting from different Enchanting Trainers from all of the different expansions that you want or need enchants from, or can you simply level Enchanting by disenchanting/enchanting items to raise your skill level and then purchase/find whatever individual enchants you want to learn from their respective trainers/mob drops?

I don’t know why everything seems so fucking confusing from how it used to be, but you can, let’s say, level 1-10 in Exile’s Reach and then choose to level 10-20 in Pandaria... if you travel to Dawn’s Blossom, the Enchanting Trainer teaches you “Pandaren Enchanting” (or Mists of Pandaria Enchanting or whatever the hell it’s actually called)... is that inclusive of other types of enchanting, or will you only be able to enchant items with MOP enchants unless you travel throughout the different expansions to learn their different methods of enchanting? Also, is the general “rule” that you need to disenchant items from the specific expansion(s) that enchant belongs to? i.e. Disenchanting TBC dungeon greens/blues isn’t going to net you the materials you need for enchants from any expansion other than TBC, right?

When I was subbed back in the day I literally just bought anything and everything I needed from the AH or had friends/guildies assist with whatever I needed, so I’m clearly a little behind on learning this shit lol. I also don’t particularly feel like traveling all over the freaking world on a ground mount to area after area if it’s not necessary.

Thanks for helping an old, crotchety twink figure this mess out.

I think part of what may be throwing me off is the whole Chromie Time thing... you can choose an expansion, which will give you a breadcrumb quest and sets you on that “timeline”, but then go do whatever you want — like setting your Chromie Time to BC so you can queue all its dungeons, but then hearth to Dalaran and go questing in Legion content... so which timeline or expansion are you in? Both? Neither? What’s even the point then?

Yes, professions have been broken out into their respective expansions and each expansion is self contained.

Which is actually a HUGE benefit to F2P twinks.

What’s even the point then?
the only point to chromie time is being able to que that expansions dungeons, otherwise, all it does is start the breadcrumb (which the hero board also does!) and then increase that expansions zones and quests to cap at 50 instead of whatever their actual cap is.

Its a neat feature for people leveling to end game. Not really all that useful for twinks except to change server shards to hopefully get some farming in with less competition.

you have to learn EACH expansion's enchanting, but heres a quick tip: Usually pick northrend enchanting (super stats, crusher, greater assault major stamina etc.) pandaria enchanting (ele force) and Legion enchanting (mark of the hidden satyr ) (maybe wod for rings enchant? or legion might be better) , cuz the good stuff are there. Unless you are feral then you might wanna pick BC as well for Major striking, and warriors should learn vanilla to get crusader.

So yes you gotta disenchant stuff from their respective xpac.

You've got it right. Every profession is basically in its own expac bubble, so for TBC enchanting, you have to disenchant TBC items, talk to TBC trainers etc. You can however learn all the different enchanting types, you're not locked into a single expac. This is how all the professions work now. My best advice if you're F2P/Vet would be to level tailoring alongside it and make a plan for what enchants you want. Which you can use @Swoops 's guide for.

As for your chromie time question, as far as I can tell the only thing it does is allow you to queue dungeons and some minor phasing things. So yeah it does a lot less than it sorta implies from what chromie says to you.

Edit: There's so many people on the forums RN lol

Final’ish question — I know stuff scales weird in the world/PvE vs. once you’re in a BG. So when I’m looking at the Veteran/F2P armories pinned in this forum, are the Enchant stats shown the actual values I should be searching for when looking up the “best” Enchants to go after? Unfortunately, most don’t show the actual name of the Enchant other than weapon/neck enchants, so it’s hard to tell what’s what.

P.S. You all are super helpful... seriously, thank you. I was going to give up on trying, but am learning so damn much.
[doublepost=1609804119,1609803900][/doublepost]
You've got it right. Every profession is basically in its own expac bubble, so for TBC enchanting, you have to disenchant TBC items, talk to TBC trainers etc. You can however learn all the different enchanting types, you're not locked into a single expac. This is how all the professions work now. My best advice if you're F2P/Vet would be to level tailoring alongside it and make a plan for what enchants you want. Which you can use @Swoops 's guide for.

As for your chromie time question, as far as I can tell the only thing it does is allow you to queue dungeons and some minor phasing things. So yeah it does a lot less than it sorta implies from what chromie says to you.

Edit: There's so many people on the forums RN lol

Why Tailoring with Enchanting? Unless I’m missing something, that Google Drive doc guide doesn’t really mention what or why Tailoring would/should be paired with Enchanting.

Why Tailoring with Enchanting? Unless I’m missing something, that Google Drive doc guide doesn’t really mention what or why Tailoring would/should be paired with Enchanting.

Because you can disenchant the items you craft with tailoring making it a much more consistently farmable way to get enchanting mats.

Users who are viewing this thread