Equip, Cast, Equip Macro

Buck

Veteran
Trying to create a macro on my hunter that equips a 2 handed weapon (Eagletalon Spear), casts Harpoon and then switches back to my double one handers (2x Shadowfang), anyone know how to do this? Oh and happy new year :)

Last edited:
Trying to create a macro on my hunter that equips a 2 handed weapon (Eagletalon Spear), casts Harpoon and then switches back to my double one handers (2x Shadowfang), anyone know how to do this? Oh and happy new year :)

Will you not be looking at too many global cooldowns for this to be worth, or am I missing something? (playing marks myself whenever I'm on hunter).

Either way,

Macro 1:
Code:
/Equip 2_hander_goes_here
/Cast !Harpoon

Macro 2:
Code:
/Equipslot 16 Main_hand_goes_here
/Equipslot 17 Off_hand_goes_here

Will you not be looking at too many global cooldowns for this to be worth, or am I missing something? (playing marks myself whenever I'm on hunter).

Either way,

Macro 1:
Code:
/Equip 2_hander_goes_here
/Cast !Harpoon

Macro 2:
Code:
/Equipslot 16 Main_hand_goes_here
/Equipslot 17 Off_hand_goes_here

Well harpoon isnt a global cooldown but anyway its not possible to put it all in the same macro?

Well harpoon isnt a global cooldown but anyway its not possible to put it all in the same macro?

Yes but weapon swapping eats a GCD, personally i find it to clunkly to bother weapon swapping anymore because the GCD and clunkiness that comes with it eventually caused a change in my playstyle because i would harpoon far less frequently. For me the benefit of non clunky insta harpoons to wingclips fcs or securing a kill with raptor strikes etc (a super weak attack at 29, its essentially just an autoattacks damage free from the swing timer), outweighs the additional rot damage from the 2nd ele force.

it's impossible to macro more than one gear swap in the same macro.

here's the best harpoon macro for u though

#show harpoon
/cast [equipped: polearms] harpoon
/stopmacro [equipped: polearms]
/stopcasting
/equip Eagletalon Spear

saves milliseconds on other macros but everything counts

wrote this from memory on mobile so might be an error, let me kno

it's impossible to macro more than one gear swap in the same macro.

here's the best harpoon macro for u though

#show harpoon
/cast [equipped: polearms] harpoon
/stopmacro [equipped: polearms]
/stopcasting
/equip Eagletalon Spear

saves milliseconds on other macros but everything counts

wrote this from memory on mobile so might be an error, let me kno

I meaan i already have a macro that does the same thing just way simpler

/Equipset 1
/cast Harpoon

thanks anyway

Yes but weapon swapping eats a GCD, personally i find it to clunkly to bother weapon swapping anymore because the GCD and clunkiness that comes with it eventually caused a change in my playstyle because i would harpoon far less frequently. For me the benefit of non clunky insta harpoons to wingclips fcs or securing a kill with raptor strikes etc (a super weak attack at 29, its essentially just an autoattacks damage free from the swing timer), outweighs the additional rot damage from the 2nd ele force.

Basically this. You'll be looking at 1 global to change from 2 1-handers to 2-hander, then you harpoon, then you're looking at another gcd to swap back to 2 1-handers, then you start doing damage or whatever. Just seems like too many windows of missed opportunities. Who knows what will happen during those globals. You getting slowed, rooted, stunned? Them getting away because you take too long to wingclip? Seems inefficient. Then again, I don't play survival, at all.

It all depends on what your sequence of actions are though, you could wingclip before changing back to 2 1-handers etc. But generally I just see survival hunters playing from range, spreading aids dots with 2 1-handers and sticking to their 2-hander once they do jump in. I would imagine it is because of the wasted globals you'd have doing otherwise.

On the subject of harpoon and melee attacks in general I think the spell 'harpoon' can be a bit of trap and send the wrong message to would be twink hunters. While its great to have the utility available to get right in there, 99.9% of the time you dont want to be anywhere near frontline. Gone are the days of legion survival with killing blows healing you and cray cray flanking strikes and the highest HP in the bracket. The 29 BFA hunter is a shy gentle soul who doesnt like to be poked and prodded by enemy dps, even being targetted hurts there feelings quite a bit. Literally 80% + of your output is ranged so you should only harpoon with a purpose. Because if the only reason youre next to that fury warrior or ret pally or in range of missile spam is the two attacks in the details report below youre not gonna have a good time. I see tons of survs opening with harpoon and I thinks its a mistake.

(last fight) [13:59 EF]
1. [Serpent Sting]: 14.0K (24.8%)
2. [Kill Command]: 8.9K (15.8%)
3. Melee (BARRY): 5.8K (10.2%)
4. [Wildfire Bomb]: 5.4K (9.5%)
5. Melee: 5.0K (8.8%)
6. [Elemental Force]: 4.9K (8.7%)
7. [Bite]: 4.6K (8.1%)
8. [Raptor Strike]: 3.8K (6.7%)
9. [Wildfire Bomb]: 3.6K (6.3%)
10. [Mark of the Hidden Satyr]: 2.5K (4.4%)

Details! report for Damage Done for Eye of the Storm (last fight) [13:59 EF]
Spell details: [Raptor Strike]
Normal Hits 18 [69.2%] / Min: 133 / Average: 154 / DPS: 4 / Max: 173

Details! report for Damage Done for Eye of the Storm (last fight) [13:59 EF]
Spell details: [Melee]
Normal Hits 32 [88.9%] / Min: 121 / Average: 149 / DPS: 6 / Max: 201

Drunken rant over

edit - rofl i just realised this is a 19s thread. Disregard the content of this post probably

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread