Epics at 49

Dimefox_

Legend
We know we can get dungeon epics, like the Blade of Eternal Darkness and Book of the Dead and the Blade of Rivendare.

And I know that we can at least get world epics that, before, required UP TO lvl 49 to equip. I have a lvl 49 Staff of Jordan in my bank and I have seen a lvl 49 Boots of Avoidance.

But for the world epics that came after 49, like Stockade Pauldrons were lvl 50 and Skullflame Shield was lvl 54, can we get those at lower levels or do they only drop after you've hit the levels they used to require? I haven't seen any of these around.

This would greatly increase the max ilvl, since as a warrior I could equip 3 more slots with ilvl 61 (shoulder, legs, trinket).

Similar question: Should I hit 49 before getting key pieces of gear, or can I get them as I level?

We know we can get dungeon epics, like the Blade of Eternal Darkness and Book of the Dead and the Blade of Rivendare.

And I know that we can at least get world epics that, before, required UP TO lvl 49 to equip. I have a lvl 49 Staff of Jordan in my bank and I have seen a lvl 49 Boots of Avoidance.

But for the world epics that came after 49, like Stockade Pauldrons were lvl 50 and Skullflame Shield was lvl 54, can we get those at lower levels or do they only drop after you've hit the levels they used to require? I haven't seen any of these around.

This would greatly increase the max ilvl, since as a warrior I could equip 3 more slots with ilvl 61 (shoulder, legs, trinket).
I killed skhowl on my 19 and got a scaled lvl 19 feathered headdress. While boe epics don't scale with level at an exact ratio like that head piece, stockade pauldrons etc do have an ilvl 55 version equipable at lvl 42 so its theoretically possible to farm the mobs that drop it at 49 to get an equipable 42 version(if this makes sense).
[doublepost=1529363952,1529363841][/doublepost]I'll look on undermine and see if I can find a version lower than lvl 50.
[doublepost=1529364819][/doublepost]https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/undermine/item/1168
ilvl 56 skullflame shield up on ah with a level requirement of 43. Original epic requires level 54 to equip. I'm assuming this applies to all epics in this regard, good luck farming!
[doublepost=1529365387][/doublepost]hmm this give me a ton of ideas if no one has tested em yet, ill get back to yall ^.^
[doublepost=1529368539][/doublepost]well Im an idiot, didnt get the memo that with legion you can't loot skull level mobs >.>

But for the world epics that came after 49, like Stockade Pauldrons were lvl 50 and Skullflame Shield was lvl 54, can we get those at lower levels or do they only drop after you've hit the levels they used to require?

All world epics with an original required level of 60 and below can scale to as low as 37. I cannot confirm them scaling any lower than this but, yeah all world epics can scale to req lvl 47-48 and ilvl of 60-61.

Similar question: Should I hit 49 before getting key pieces of gear, or can I get them as I level?

Just level to 49 as fast as possible. Save all dungeon bags, aswell as BG crates, and wait until 49 to open them. I would recommend joining a guild that has the required rep for cloak of coordination so you can get revered and get your cloak by the time you hit 49. Best of luck, and hit me up if you need a guild or have more ?s

I'm planning to make a lvl 39 or 49 warrior, i'm not sure yet which level i'm gonna go.. but i've bought about 6 epics req lvl 47 armor and req 48 weapons.. I havnt seen a single epic req 37 and 38... but it's logical for them to be much more rare.
This real wish for me though is finding a way to scale these epics down to much lower levels, If somebody knows a way to do this please tell me.. And Brov there are still certain high level mobs that can be looted by all levels, and i've farmed them on my lvl 19 until i finally got a blue to drop.. it was a req lvl 37 Blue 2h Axe, while the original version was req lvl 43... but sadly it didnt scale all the way down to low level... so its not about your level but the mobs level which determines the req lvl of the loot, The mobs i grinded were the giants in Tanaris, and in their loot table are many many epics, It Could be possible for epics to drop their and scale to level 18... but i dont have time to grind lvl 40 mobs on my lvl 19.

Another idea i had was finding mobs that scale with level and kill it with a higher level Say a level 60- and you are lvl 19.
Then if the mob does not have personal loot and you loot it on the level 19, and it dropped a BoE epic because your in party with the 60... but the lvl 19 loots it.. would it then scale down? Sad thing is that most mobs that scale with level are a handfull of rares which all have personal loot. Are there any other mobs anyone?

and now didnt i read all loot is going to be Personal in BfA? Then that whole dream is gone O_O...... Y_Y

BFA PTR on my 49

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 11.49.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 11.49.21 PM.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 11.49.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 11.49.31 PM.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 11.49.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 11.49.58 PM.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 198
I'm planning to make a lvl 39 or 49 warrior, i'm not sure yet which level i'm gonna go.. but i've bought about 6 epics req lvl 47 armor and req 48 weapons.. I havnt seen a single epic req 37 and 38... but it's logical for them to be much more rare.
This real wish for me though is finding a way to scale these epics down to much lower levels, If somebody knows a way to do this please tell me.. And Brov there are still certain high level mobs that can be looted by all levels, and i've farmed them on my lvl 19 until i finally got a blue to drop.. it was a req lvl 37 Blue 2h Axe, while the original version was req lvl 43... but sadly it didnt scale all the way down to low level... so its not about your level but the mobs level which determines the req lvl of the loot, The mobs i grinded were the giants in Tanaris, and in their loot table are many many epics, It Could be possible for epics to drop their and scale to level 18... but i dont have time to grind lvl 40 mobs on my lvl 19.

Another idea i had was finding mobs that scale with level and kill it with a higher level Say a level 60- and you are lvl 19.
Then if the mob does not have personal loot and you loot it on the level 19, and it dropped a BoE epic because your in party with the 60... but the lvl 19 loots it.. would it then scale down? Sad thing is that most mobs that scale with level are a handfull of rares which all have personal loot. Are there any other mobs anyone?

and now didnt i read all loot is going to be Personal in BfA? Then that whole dream is gone O_O...... Y_Y
From what Ive tested if it's a skull mob its not lootable. Can you give me names of skull mobs that are lootable on your 19?

Do any of you 49's have epic weapons with the exact same ilvl as a blue / heirloom / green item, and have the ability to see dps / stat differences, whether epics at same ilvls actually matter, or whether you can just go for the blue / green at that point.

BFA PTR on my 49

Were these obtained in 7.3.5 or earlier?

Do any of you 49's have epic weapons with the exact same ilvl as a blue / heirloom / green item, and have the ability to see dps / stat differences, whether epics at same ilvls actually matter, or whether you can just go for the blue / green at that point.
I have a handful in void storage, not sure about ilvl though. I'll test when Tuesday mainenance is over.

Users who are viewing this thread