Enhancement Shaman (119)

Kanisterkopf

Veteran
First of all im thankfull for all the information this forum provides for silent readers like me for all of the years :) So i realized that i dont even have an account despite im profiting of of all you guys theoriecrafting from back when this forum had another name (cant even recall what it was named back then lol getting old).
so im back twinking after skipping legion. WOD was a fucking blast for twinking :D all the instanced scaling shit was the best *_* fuck boring stat templates of Legion killed it for me.. and after i did read about the changes BFA brought for us who do love twinking i decided do join back in 2 weeks ago
so i managed to gear a 69 bis critstack fire mage and started some other 59 and 69 toons without bfa expension to see how twinking feels rn and then i realized that the BG queue's would rarely even pop so i figuered ill have to 110-119 for all the BFA levelers to enjoy the BG's. So i theory crafted a little bit and profited well from the quickstart 110 guide in this section bought bfa 2 days ago and ended up leveling an horde enhancement shaman

So im 119 with tripple stack Rolling storm 300il azerite armor rn. have to say that im dissapointed that they do nerf this trait like hell in ipvp(4,4k with 15 stacks) compared to pve (like 25k for 15 stacks)
So now i realized that im late to the party TW ended a few days ago and next will be in like 2 weeks :(

Soooooo my first questions in this forum would be:
Is dungeon gear, random drops from BG chests, hope for an upgrade from quests the best gear i can farm rn ? are there more options ? rares ? and what ilvl would my highest options be (besides TW which i have no access rn) ?

could a geared enh shaman provide me with some numbers ? how are you doing compared to other classes in this bracked ? are you popping off ?

any fire mages here ? (i love crit stacking :D got addicted to it in wod where it was like a breeze through instanced scaling to reach 100% like eaaaasy) how much crit do you have with TW MoP gear ? i guess with TBC TW ahead there will be some more possibilities to critstack because of the single stat gear provided..so im thinking about rolling a 119 fire mage additionally :D

wall of text :D
have a nice one ! and thanks in advance

Last edited:
Upgrade from gear will be your next best. You can get up to ilvl 305 from gear proccing epic on 290 green quest gear. Dungeon gear, BG chests, rares will all provide Ilvl 273 which is awful.

I don't have any experience as enhance shaman or fire mage, but I've seen a few enhance shamans be able to dish out the burst and they weren't even twinked. It just doesn't seem sustained and their survivability seems like it's just "die slower" rather than actually surviving. I'm sure twinked an enhance shaman can really eat people alive.

As for fire mage, I've only seen them do any good when they can free-cast greater pyroblast (and as holy pally I don't have a lot of ways to stop them). Arcane is kind of similar except they don't rely on a 4.5 sec baseline cast to do their damage, but if they get someone on them they're not killing anything either. Oh and yeah, you're not hitting 100% here with any secondary stat. Most I've been able to reckon is 30% crit when adding the 5% baseline and stacking at the expense of all the other secondaries. More typical will be 15-20%

thanks for your help
i see, so quests are the way to go right now until the 14. of november when tbc tw unlocks

am i able to kill rares multiple times ?
do they reset at any time or
are they a one time only thing like in wod ?

im asking because i happened to get a 2 set bonus from 2 rares and one piece even updated a socket but i would like to get a 2. piece of this set with a socket update because rare dropped gear is way lower ilvl then TW gear and the set bonus is quite nice so in order to keep it a socket would be perfect but i guess if rares are a one time only thing i already got pretty lucky to even get that 2 set bonus :D

do you know if tw gear can update with sockets ?

The rares are only one time kill except for one which is Crushtacean which I think is currently bugged.

No sockets or any other upgrade procs on tw gear. Only thing is 10 ilvls worth of the stats which are already on the gear to go to 310 ilvl from 300.

If you really want you could get a glass cannon set putting main stat in socket 273 gear. Not sure how well that would work though. You don’t even need rare mobs to proc that, you could get socket proc from your pvp gear. Could be interesting to give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread