Enh shammy stat balance

Smerch

Veteran
For those who play 39 enh shammies, how do you balance your stats and what do you place priority on?

I've got a PoD and most of my ideal gear, though I'm still missing a few things. My current stats: 100 str, 149 agi, 150 stam, 1.8k hp (soon to be 2k with arcanums), 1.6k mana, 298 AP, 19% crit, 14.8% dodge. Still missing Quillward, Unearthed bracers and trinkets.

Is it too much agi? My reasoning is that apart from the higher dodge and huge burst from crits, it also helps keep flurry up. Plus I can get always get more AP on demand from a totem and blood fury (over 450 AP with both - not including crusader proc), but not more agi. Also I may be wrong but I think the PoD Fatal Wound proc is also affected by melee crit % as it's physical damage - anecdotally it seems to crit quite often when it does proc, and it can proc multiple times in one windfury. The pic below is against a ?? level clothie in wpvp soon after I dinged 39.

rpI6v6x.png

Hello Smerch, welcome to the bracket. There’s a lot of player preference when it comes to high agi or high AP builds for 39 enhance, but one thing most people forget is stam is king in classic. 1800-1900 hp on a melee class with no defensives you’re going to want a dedicated healer or you’re it’s going to be rough against anything other than levelers. This is the set I use below, it’s a mix between str/agi with a emphasis on Stam. https://sixtyupgrades.com/set/okdyErExJoFHx1dZRk5xfh

My shaman is 2400 health with like 700 attack power? Just a meme setup for a meme spec. If you truly want to be effective, I believe running eagle gear would be the superior choice for dispels/off heals/peeling

shamans are jacks of all trades. Limiting an undependable spec to a singular “dps” role really isn’t the smartest move (this is coming from a player using the build he doesn’t suggest using)

but it’s all preference. I wanted to see 2k windfurys and be a little tanky. It’s just a trade off

My shaman is 2400 health with like 700 attack power? Just a meme setup for a meme spec. If you truly want to be effective, I believe running eagle gear would be the superior choice for dispels/off heals/peeling

shamans are jacks of all trades. Limiting an undependable spec to a singular “dps” role really isn’t the smartest move (this is coming from a player using the build he doesn’t suggest using)

but it’s all preference. I wanted to see 2k windfurys and be a little tanky. It’s just a trade off
How the hell do you have 700 AP?

Thanks all. I think multiple sets is a good idea since I have a bunch of stuff laying around (Spirewind, Pith helmet, etc). I'm going to try more bear gear and drop ~4-5% crit for a bunch more stam and str. I like your build Alice, I think that's pretty much the ideal balance between everything.

Users who are viewing this thread