EU+US Engi thoughts/What is twinking for you? - Discussion!

Trollguden

Jøldal Förebild
Hey!

Now that BFA prepatch has hit and engineering haven't been fixed I've seen many ppl discuss different things about what they really think about this and what twinking is in general. As I've noticed there is alot of different opinions about this and I will respect each opinion, we are all different and we like different things. What I can do is to talk about how I feel about it all.

The main discussion that it all come down to is more or less "what is twinking for you?"

I hope we can keep it civil and not attack each other. I know my opinion isn't very popular but I'm gonna put it down anyway. Please forgive any spelling and grammar issues, english isn't my native tongue.

My main point will be:

I dislike engineering and I hope they fix it, owning ppl so hard that they don't have a chance at all isn't what I enjoy about twinking and isn't what twinking is all about to me.

So what is twinking for me?

Twinking for me is the community, the way you become a family since you keep bumping into each other and you talk about it and create a unique rivalry and ppl will know about you. Sure I had my times when I really just went in to the bgs will full twink gear and enjoyed owning lvlers with no gear but that was 8-9 years ago before I really had discovered how many ppl that twinked and what kind of events ppl got going. These days I love a good wargame or well any wargame at all full with twinks much better than pugs with like 1-2 twinks in it. It just feels sooo much more rewarding to win something and to top the meters and actually matter tactic wise when you face ppl with the same background and experience.

I understand the argument that it's ok if all have engi, then we all are OP and it evens out in a way but I don't want it like this. I would be totally fine with it if they removed some of the stuff like rocket boots and if they nerfed the stats on the items that you create but what is the fun in 2-3 shotting other twinks each time you fight each other. It's just about clicking the spells that oneshot ppl the fastest. Like having 2 surv hunters from legion fight each other but worse. I just can't see the fun in that. I can just imagine 2 coordinated ppl grouping up on a healer killing him in 1 sec before they can hardly react.

Then ppl might tell me something like "Then you are in the wrong bracket" or "why don't you play endgame?" and to that I say: No, because I've played this bracket for years, this is where my family is at. I shouldn't have to change bracket to enjoy the part of the game that I have for so long and it's even worse at endgame. There are so many players so it's impossible to create a community unless you are glad or create a special guild but in the end it all comes down to that I've played this bracket for so long and I really don't want it to get ruined.

So yeah this is more or less why I dislike engineering in it's current form and hope that it gets fixed. I'm not gonna report it every day and stuff because I respect that ppl like it the way it is and I just let them enjoy while they can.

So what's twinking for you and what are your thoughts on the current engineering state? What would you change and what would you keep?

Let me know and remember: be nice to each other, respect each others opinion.

Have a nice day! :)

I prefer minor differences. Standing out as a twink is more respected in my eyes when you put in the work for very little. Like people running 2x doomspike in MOP or WoD or whenever that was always stood out to me. There are other examples too but thats a pretty good one.

300 engineering is aight; Northerend engi they can remove asap.

It's like the 4th of July in the bg's, with all those bombs. This could be another bad xpac to be a healer.

I agree with OP.
Personally I like to go beastmode and wreck 2v1 unskilled players with no gear but actual engi is beyond that. Hope it gets nerfed BUT just a little bit.
Why? I like being overpowered after hours of grinding gear but being that powerful just by getting 1 or 2 items seems too easyThinkingFace

Twinking is getting the most you possibly can out of a low-level character.
The cost or moral background don't matter. If you have to sacrifice your first born for 1 more stamina on a 19, do it — that's twinking.

It should be competative twink vs twink and faceroll when facing levelers. But there will always be fotm and super bursty engineering items will only make countering fotms harder because of less time to react to burst.

Destroying in bgs, save the competitiveness for wargames

some things I've noticed

changes to some dungeon gear, certain pieces give better stats in their new version

level 20 vet gear and enchants do not scale up to 29

eng gear and op consumeables need to get nerfed asap or low level brackets will be hot garbage EDIT- offhand pouch needs a nerf

the meta 19 to 29 is rogues druids hunters, after that warriors and some others become useful

49s best bracket, if stuff that needs fixing gets fixed, 49s will still be the best bracket

Last edited:
Happy to see that I'm not the only one feeling this way. :)

some things I've noticed

changes to some dungeon gear, certain pieces give better stats in their new version

level 20 vet gear and enchants do not scale up to 29

eng gear and op consumeables need to get nerfed asap or low level brackets will be hot garbage EDIT- offhand pouch needs a nerf

the meta 19 to 29 is rogues druids hunters, after that warriors and some others become useful

49s best bracket, if stuff that needs fixing gets fixed, 49s will still be the best bracket

Why should offhand get a nerf if everyone can gear it?

i don't rly like how the trinket & goggles are so OP, there are a lot of other fun stuff like Shrink ray, rocket helm and so on. But we don't use the others ones cuz the Sonic Booster & Goggles are to OP.

Why should offhand get a nerf if everyone can gear it?
it doesn't fit with the other gear that everyone can get

why should that random piece be so strong but a different piece that others worked way harder for becomes weak or even useless

honestly idc what happens, these things happening at all after so many expansions and patches shows how little the company cares about the games less popular aspect that is locked xp gearing and pvp just pointing out obvious if low levels become worse than what it already was in legion I'll just roll endgame or quit altogether

/cheers

If it doesnt get fixed this engineering will literally ruin twinking for me. Not only is it not fun 1 shotting people; how long until levelers stop queing into bgs because they know theylll just get smashed.

Hope you were one of the few reporting the shit during ptr and beta after having PMd me on how you could get "the most op items and tinkers" I was talking about lol

I have mixed feelings on the WotLK Engineering items on low level twinks ( 19's 20 -29s ). On one hand I want gear to make a difference, on the other these items are just broken, and negate any skill involved with PvP completely. If you want to gank just roll a 110 and go to Hellfire or SVT or where ever you can one shot.

I fully support Vanilla Engineering items being available to all, but the Wrath items are too broken for the long term good of low level twinking. Sooner or later they will either have a level requirement or WotLK engineering will have. For me the sooner the better tbh.

I dont mind if the goggles/trinkets get nerfed. But I do like the belt tinkers. Speeds/Mind control for AB. A lot of fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread