End game PvP? I hate it...

Hashbrowns

Legend
Recently I've been playing end game and I'll be honest, I can't stand it. Call me bad, who knows, but I have 0 interest in this. I've leveled up/boosted 4 110s now, wasted so much money on this, and nothing feels right. Mage rotation is so clunky, I have 40 binds. Disc is bad in BGs. Holy won't die but I'm not overally crazy about it. There's actually too many things to do, I'm in a constant state of catch up. Grinding through Argus, trying to do heroics to get 1000 essences for legendary. There's timewalker, zone questing, flying to unlock, professions to do, new races to work toward, honor to grind. Like I only have a few hours a day. I just rotate between characters trying to find something I enjoy and work on and it's just impossible. Maybe I joined this expansion too late. I hate the eng bombs like how in the fuck is this a thing? How can you spend an entire expansion balancing stat templates and you give everyone a spammable stun... The cc is really out of hand. Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy 110? What bracket should I be playing in? Looking at 39s right now

they removed a bunch of CC in the past 2 xpacs idk what you're complaining about at all

you just cant facetank 2-4 DPS at max lvl like you can at 20 thats all

if too many binds is too much for you then move to the next logically appropriate bracket with the least binds(19s and 39s)

I only do PvE at endgame. Which I have to say I’m enjoying Anyorus, but will prob get tiring a few months from now. Endgame PvP is a chore I don’t want to do, but probably should for tabard... I’ll get around to it I guess..

I find endgame a lot more interesting than twinking nowadays... sad but true

I concentrate on one toon at end game. If you want to really get anywhere, unless you have tons of time, that’s all about all you can do. It’s the only way I was able to reach Prestige 25-level 50.
Much of what the OP mentions just comes with playing the game, if you just stick with a single character and play it methodologically it can be easily accomplished. I was able to unlock flying the day it came out because I pretty much only play a single character, same with the new races. Professions were leveled up over time. It took me a little over a year to get the 25 Prestige levels. That is only a Prestige rank every 2 weeks or so. Each Prestige level is ~44,000 honor.

Inoobupro is correct, CC mechanics have been pruned quite a bit in PvP. However, there is quite a bit of crossover still. There have been many cases that I have been CCed quite literally to death without being able to cast an instant heal on myself. Such is the life of a healer in PvP though.

/cheers

I hear you @Hashbrowns ;)
I was at my most active at end game in MoP. I had 7 x 90's, only 1 of which was boosted. I literally burned out trying to gear them all. I used to warm up with bg's then get straight into arena.......but it just got a bit too much.... so many late nights :eek: - felt like a zombie at work most of the time :confused:
Then when WoD came out, I tried to do what @Allybeboba did and only took one of my toons to 100. I geared him for PvP and also PvE since I now had more time, but end game PvP got really dull for me in WoD. My main was a BM Hunter, and Healers were just OP and arena's got really boring with the lack of cc. A bit like Surv Hunters to the 20 - 29 bracket, people would just spam Priest + Warrior / DK combo's and just make arena's excruciatingly painful.
So, began my love affair with the 20 bracket. Simple, less grinding..... though now with the scaling, it's starting to feel a bit grindy - lol. I love the simplicity of it. ;)
Hope you find a bracket you enjoy ;)

As an affliction lock I can have fun toying with people in pvp most of the time, but I imagine life is rough for a mage that doesn't have self heals. PvE gear is better for 110 twinks anyways. Time to start working on upgrading that argus trinket if you haven't already.

I have a fury warrior, frost mage, priest, and rdruid (lvl 102). Fury is like 910 ilvl.
[doublepost=1519057329,1519057202][/doublepost]
I know it, can't get off a dps rotation. I'll try again. I'd probably prefer to play disc over all

Look at some talents and videos/streams to check out rotations etc.

Recently I've been playing end game and I'll be honest, I can't stand it. Call me bad, who knows, but I have 0 interest in this. I've leveled up/boosted 4 110s now, wasted so much money on this, and nothing feels right. Mage rotation is so clunky, I have 40 binds. Disc is bad in BGs. Holy won't die but I'm not overally crazy about it. There's actually too many things to do, I'm in a constant state of catch up. Grinding through Argus, trying to do heroics to get 1000 essences for legendary. There's timewalker, zone questing, flying to unlock, professions to do, new races to work toward, honor to grind. Like I only have a few hours a day. I just rotate between characters trying to find something I enjoy and work on and it's just impossible. Maybe I joined this expansion too late. I hate the eng bombs like how in the duck is this a thing? How can you spend an entire expansion balancing stat templates and you give everyone a spammable stun... The cc is really out of hand. Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy 110? What bracket should I be playing in? Looking at 39s right now

I am likely in a somewhat similar situation as you OP. I just dont have the time to play like i used to, and dont have the time to get everything done that I would like. My reccomendation is to just play 1 110 in whichever avenue you prefer, (raid finder PVE and regular/heroic ABT are easy to find in group finder). With normalized templates in PVP, you dont need a high item level to start joining yolo RBGs/arenas.

I would then make a level 19- you can get close to BIS in 2 days or so- and whenever you have 20mins to an hour queue WSG. I commonly will log in for about an hour or two- not enough time to find a RBG group- and queue with friends at 19.

I understand what you are saying and how you feel. After WOTLK, I reached that same point of frustration. I DETEST END GAME NONSENSE! Like you, I have limited time to play WOW, so I decided to focus on low level twinking and RBG's. I am, for the most, a self-sufficient player, I have my own guilds and enough high level toons to cover my needs. In addition, I do quite well w/ my hunts & rogues in bgs.
You have to be a certain kind of, "gameboy mental" to enjoy the end game nonsense and w/ WOW, I never liked it.
Also, that comment above, by the, "fat bishop" twit, tells you everything you need to know about him. Do what you enjoy in WOW and forget the rest!

I am likely in a somewhat similar situation as you OP. I just dont have the time to play like i used to, and dont have the time to get everything done that I would like. My reccomendation is to just play 1 110 in whichever avenue you prefer, (raid finder PVE and regular/heroic ABT are easy to find in group finder). With normalized templates in PVP, you dont need a high item level to start joining yolo RBGs/arenas.

I would then make a level 19- you can get close to BIS in 2 days or so- and whenever you have 20mins to an hour queue WSG. I commonly will log in for about an hour or two- not enough time to find a RBG group- and queue with friends at 19.

19's are so ssslllooww paced compared to endgame.

I feel ya. Mages feel a bit clunky, HPals, Resto shams, RDruids, Arms warriors, Demon Hunters, Aff/Demo Locks, I've played them all (on my friends account, my account is still stuck at WoD) and they all feel a bit weird to play. Maybe I just got too used to Twinks/20s, because the only real enjoyable class is Frost DK, where you can just Oblit spam and hit top DPS. Blood is okay, but all the classes feel like they don't have any defined mechanic that makes them interesting or satisfying to play because they are all balanced around arenas. If they remove rep-gating for Allied Races I will jump on BFA so fast. But as it stands, it doesn't look like I'm going to be buying any more WoW Xpacs or resubbing for a long time.

I think classes at end game are fine, I wish there were more buttons to press obviously, but it's far different than twinks I'll give you that. If you're talking about casual pvp like random rbgs, if you're losing those just know it isn't your fault, people tend to show their downs in them. For rated pvp atm, you mention disc not feeling good? It's actually one of the strongest healers, if not the strong healer at end game right now. You just have to find the perfect balance of healing through atonement (doing damage) and actually hard casting heals on your partners.

Well pvp gets stale pretty easily now... :(
Wpvp groups are more fun now tbh
Even the gear that drops in ranked pvp cannot compete with +10 or higher mythic gear

Users who are viewing this thread