Enchanting Artifact Weapons (w/WoD enchants)

Eninya

Veteran
So, I encountered an enchanted artifact weapon not too long ago in an Antorus PUG, and I've read that it's possible to enchant your artifact weapon when you first get it at iLvl 152 with Warlords of Draenor enchants.

Given how well 110 scales, I think these could be immense for them, but they require your baseline artifact. I've long dumped relics in mine, and I'm curious if it's even possible to reset them now to do that, and if anyone could confirm this is possible.

I can't see the max ilvl for WoD enchants on wowhead, but in theory you could try to find really low level (100?) relics to see if you can get it under that ilvl. Since it destroys your current relics, its not really an option for rather geared people. If you don't have antorus relics though, the questing blues (217) are probably better than your artifact anyways.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=159671/mark-of-warsong is 250 haste that decays by 10% at 1.15 RPPM

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=268894/weapon-enchant-quick-navigation gives 12 haste per stack up to 5 stacks, which is then consumed to give 150 haste for 10 seconds. I don't know the RPPM, but one comment on wowhead claims the PPM is about 6. Not sure if that is with haste or what, so its really hard to compare.

I imagine crit/mastery have similar comparisons.

Theres no equivalent to siphoning though. And I imagine the dot enchant isn't worth it given how stats scale.

Ooo i havent leveled my fury weapons yet. Would it be a good idea to use wod enchants instead of running mythic antorus endlessly and get bfa emchants?

I can't see the max ilvl for WoD enchants on wowhead, but in theory you could try to find really low level (100?) relics to see if you can get it under that ilvl. Since it destroys your current relics, its not really an option for rather geared people. If you don't have antorus relics though, the questing blues (217) are probably better than your artifact anyways.

I imagine crit/mastery have similar comparisons.

Theres no equivalent to siphoning though. And I imagine the dot enchant isn't worth it given how stats scale.
I'm mostly interested in those Versatility enchants. I'm currently using dual Siphoning, since I sit at 25%+ Leech unbuffed on my Demon Hunter.

The artifact weapon starts at iLvl 152, which is the ceiling for WoD enchants. Even low level relics won't help that; you would need to completely void the slots as far as I know.

Ooo i havent leveled my fury weapons yet. Would it be a good idea to use wod enchants instead of running mythic antorus endlessly and get bfa emchants?

That depends on what you want. The BfA enchants have no requirement, but if you're going to use the WoD enchants you need to pick them up immediately, before any relics. Once you overwrite them, I don't think you'll be able to get back again. Shattered Hand will be useless, but the others sound good.

Siphoning is also good (BfA enchant), but it just depends on what you're going for.

Last edited:
That depends on what you want. The BfA enchants have no requirement, but if you're going to use the WoD enchants you need to pick them up immediately, before any relics. Once you overwrite them, I don't think you'll be able to get back again. Shattered Hand will be useless, but the others sound good.

Siphoning is also good (BfA enchant), but it just depends on what you're going for.
Nevermind i already have a relic mega titanforged on it. Although my arms artefact is ilvl 152. Do you know if arms is any good and if it would be worth it to wod enchant it instead of lvling it? Or should i just not bother and go fury?

Users who are viewing this thread