Effiecient ways to make 10 Gold as F2P before cap?

Tinkerton

Legend
Because of various reasons I'm thinking about Locking the XP on my F2P toons. Getting the gold to unLock after the LFD becomes accessible isn't of course any problem, but what are efficient ways to get 10 gold before/at the start of level 12?

I know in the past people mentioned Fishing (Wreckage nodes, I presume) in Tanaris and STV, but are there any other ways? I don't mind grinding but I do mind getting showered with XP in the process (damn you, Noding XP).

I've tried a number of methods (grinding, farming, etc) and by far the fastest is fishing wrecks in STV. I was never a fisherman b4 but it's the least painful (except when you fish up awesome gear you can't use). Plus you will end up with a dozen or so rumsy Rums for the bg. No brainer.

I've tried a number of methods (grinding, farming, etc) and by far the fastest is fishing wrecks in STV. I was never a fisherman b4 but it's the least painful (except when you fish up awesome gear you can't use). Plus you will end up with a dozen or so rumsy Rums for the bg. No brainer.

This!, but you fish any node not just wreckage's. Sell everything you gather except the Rums and you be finished in less than 3 hours.

Thank you for the responses.

(Daily) Quests and Dungeons both give a lot of XP so are more options to UnLock.

Retallia, you mentioned you tried grinding. Any mobs of level 6 or lower that dropped a higher-than-usual amount of Grey weapons etc. and have an usual high spawn-rate you (or anyone else) noticed?

The Growless Cave Yeti's drop ample amounts of Cloth but as far as coinage/vendor trash goes old favorites like the Elwynn Kobolds seem to have been nerfed (and from what I understand the Mining Shovel etc. doesn't drop anymore either *sad face*)

I have a handful of xp-off f2p toons. 10, 14, and 19.

Pick up skinning and a knife as soon as you leave your first zone. No XP from that gathering profession. Vendor the leather.

Quests have big XP but pay crap, so don't do quests unless they provide a specific piece of gear you want.

My best luck has been with getting a port to Shattrath and fishing the pond just east of town. I fished up goldenscale vendorfish about once an hour, netting 6 gold a pop.

I have a handful of xp-off f2p toons. 10, 14, and 19.

Pick up skinning and a knife as soon as you leave your first zone. No XP from that gathering profession. Vendor the leather.

Quests have big XP but pay crap, so don't do quests unless they provide a specific piece of gear you want.

My best luck has been with getting a port to Shattrath and fishing the pond just east of town. I fished up goldenscale vendorfish about once an hour, netting 6 gold a pop.

a Level 10? *bow*

Skinning scavenged carcasses was fun only twice in the past (Protadin19 to 225 and Retadin 10 225), fresh-kills only become an option at level 10 (when level 5 mobs turn Grey). I'll do it on my next project
<

Thanks for the Shattrath tip, seems I'll be trying that new Ghostwalking sooner than I thought ^^

a Level 10? *bow*

Skinning scavenged carcasses was fun only twice in the past (Protadin19 to 225 and Retadin 10 225), fresh-kills only become an option at level 10 (when level 5 mobs turn Grey). I'll do it on my next project
<

Thanks for the Shattrath tip, seems I'll be trying that new Ghostwalking sooner than I thought ^^

lol. yeah. the 10 is pretty brutally outgeared without all the looms, but still fun to play occasionally.

There is a place on the Westfall beach, with buzzards flying near a whale carcass. They re-spawn CONSTANTLY and usually drop junk ~1s each, plus occasional green item. By the time I hit 19, I needed 7 more gold, and after a few hours of killing these, I had the rest.

Anyone know of a similar spawn for the Horde? I usually killed the night-elves in the camp near Tranquillien, but they dropped much less loot. But they did drop cloth.

I made a toon on a low population server, and immediately ran to gurubashi. By the time you get the trinket, you have enough gold from silver and loots easily.

I made a toon on a low population server, and immediately ran to gurubashi. By the time you get the trinket, you have enough gold from silver and loots easily.

^This.

Its also a good gage for whether or not you'll be able to get an AGM on a low pop server, much better than making a toon getting it geared and then discovering there's a lot of competition and you'll probably never get it. Of course if you're on a server like AP and you don't plan on getting AGM any time soon anyways it wouldn't be a good option.

This seems to work on the Medium server I'm on (the only Low pop servers in the EU are skewed PvP servers), 4/12 and about 4 gold (after splashing out on some White RP gear + flying to and fro). Thanks for the tip, I had forgotten the Chests contain Vendorable goods ( I used to send them to my Enchanter or to friends on my P2P account) though this does mean I'm yet again parking a toon in the Guru, something I didn't plan on doing yet again :/

Note that getting the AGM Quest hits you for about 900 XP.

Users who are viewing this thread