Echoes of the Past Alt Group ~ Recruiting for 85 Content (Tier 11 Currently)

Jirat

Legend
Current Tier

Group 1: Tier 11 Heroics

Current Status: Progressing Tier 11 Heroics

Faction: Horde

Server: Illidan ~ USA

Quick Skip-To Guide (Press Ctrl+F and type in the keycode to the left of it to skip to a particular section of the OP)

1A. Announcements
2B. Progression
3C. Basic Information
4D. Gear Rules/Philosophies
5E. Recruitment/Groups/Compositions
6F. Class Restrictions
7G. Current Raid Days/Times
8H. 10m vs. 25m + Explanation
9I. Legendary Reservations

1A. Announcements

Due to the lack of numbers and interest heavily dropped we've now downsized to one group with 1-2 backups which we make regular use of. EoTP's 80 group will be finishing up wotlk content this month and we'll forming a group for WoD after made up from those who are interested.

2B. Progression

~Note: We only show progression for current tier for each group, when we reach a new tier we'll outline how many we cleared if not all of it~

Color Coding Table: No Attempts;Normal Progress;Heroic Progress;Normal Kill;Heroic kill

Blackwing Descent

- Magmaw: Group 1
- Omnitron: Group 1
- Maloriak: Group 1
- Atramedes: Group 1
- Chimaeron: Group 1
- Nefarian: Group 1

Bastion of Twilight

- Halfus: Group 1
- Twin Drakes: Group 1
- Ascendant Council: Group 1
- Cho'gall: Group 1
- Sinestra: Group 1

Throne of the 4 Winds

- Conclave: Group 1
- Al'akir: Group 1

3C. Basic Information

Echoes of the past on Illidan USA alt group is looking for 85 content players. The group will still maintain the same philosophies of normal echoes of the past as far as gear goes. When we dive into 85 content we'll be starting from the base minimum of tier 11 normals, with 346 heroic gear and epic crafted/reputation/BoE 359 gear. As we work our way up we'll unlock certain gear into raids.

This includes ZA/ZG 5 man gear once we clear normal tier 11, and 4.3 5 mans such as end time, WoE, and Hour of twilight once we reach dragon soul.

We know not everyone likes 85 content, especially dragon soul. But thats why echoes of the past still has its 80 group making its way in ulduar, just now stepping into hard modes this past week.

We currently have a huge attendance problem in the 80 group, so we'd sure like some that make it 100%. Regardless thats now what I'm making this thread to recruit for.

Because we are trying to avoid attendance issues, if you're willing to go cross realm, and obey our philosophies, we're willing to take you. Keep in mind though this is a 10 man group and it allows us to create a much tighter knit core group. We prefer to take those who come to raids, even if it takes them more time to learn, than those who come once or twice every 2 weeks. If you only intend to attend a raid a week, then this is probably not for you. This is old content, but we are attempting to make it challenging which might as well be taken as a serious raiding group.

4D. Gear Rules/Philosophies

To put in simple for our gear philosophies for those who aren't familiar with it.

Pre-tier 11 (heroic 5 mans) - No higher gear than 346 unless acquired with raid group in tier 11, unless its crafted 359 (nothing higher), faction 359 gear (nothing from molten front), or BoE world/trash drop 359 gear (such as pauldrons of the edward odd), and the 359 gear from the Justice vendor.

Normal Tier 11 cleared - ZA/ZG 5 man gear allowed, still nothing higher than 359 unless acquired in raid group.

Heroic Tier 11 cleared - Molten front gear allowed, crafted 378 gear allowed, avengers of hyjal rep gear allowed.

Normal Tier 12 cleared - Nothing higher than 378 unless its met under the previous expectations or 384 dropped from ragnaros

Heroic Tier 12 cleared - Nothing higher than 391 unless dropped from ragnaros, which is 397, the 391 limit includes no crafted 397 gear

Normal Tier 13 Cleared - Nothing higher than 397 unless dropped from madness which is 403

Heroic Tier 13 cleared - At this point we've cleared everything, by now we've become elite gods and cleared it all before WoD release which is possible, and communicate as a group to move on to MoP to burn time til WoD or restart in Cata, which is unlikely as most people get burned out.

Specifics on our current pre-raid gearing.

We are allowing 359 gear from the JP vendor, but to prevent 'stomping it our first night or two, while also being 'relaxed' to an extent, I will not allow more than 1 tier piece consisting of chest/legs/hands every 2 weeks we are raiding. You are allowed to start with 1 in our first week though. This is to come as close as possible to cope with the valor point cap as back then. This is subject to change, but as of right now, it will not.

5E. Recruitment/Groups/Compositions

For 85 Alt Group 1

~ 1 DPS (Rogue or Feral Druid)

For those that are curious here is our current roster we are looking at now. Keep in mind none of them are 85, but this our current expectations

Alt Group 1

Tank - Warrior
Tank - Death Knight

Heal - Paladin
Heal - Priest
Heal - Shaman

DPS - Paladin
DPS - Hunter
DPS - Priest
DPS -
DPS - Shaman (Ele)

Reservist Spots

~ None Currently

6F. Class Restrictions

Class Restriction

~ Monk - The monk can gain access to alot of leather agility gear or leather intellect gear, but because of how they aren't able to get tier tokens that would restrict them to just that, and there isn't alot of it in tier 13. For this reason, we're not allowing monks, as its not necessary to have them.

7G. Current Raid Days/Times

Current Raid days/times

Speaking of raid days, our current days are not setup, but at the moment we may be looking at something such as

Group 1 Times

~ Sunday - 7pm - 10pm
~ Monday - 7pm - 10pm

Because the groups are smaller this requires you to be on-time, 100% there. We are always willing to take someone who is less skilled, willing to learn, and always on time and there. But even if you are the world's best DPS, healer or tank, but can't make every single raid, we'd rather take someone who can make raid than someone who can't. Its almost the same philosophy you would use in a raid, a dead healer or dps can't heal or dps. A raider who doesn't come to raids doesn't actually help clear a raid.

8H. 10m vs. 25m + Explanation

Why we are doing 2 groups instead of one 25 man?

The reason I would prefer to do 2 10 man's is because of the fact in a 25 man, you cannot go less than having 20-22 people and its still preferred to have a full 25. We have serious attendance issues in our main 80 group, where we have about 15-20 people sign up, but only about 12-14 actually show up. In 10 man its easier to find a replacement and really customize your group. If someone doesn't show for a week or so, we will find a replacement unless its temporary, and even then we will find one for that being of time. I'm very harsh on attendance rules. In saying all this, its not that I don't want to do 25m. I like doing 25m raiding when it works, I've been in multiple 25m guilds ranging from TBC, to Wrath, to Cataclysm. When they work, its a great experience for a player if you don't mind the small community feeling, and even then you can "create" your own small community within the confines of it, but the content feels more rewarding when you kill something, as it wasn't just 10 people who came together, it was 25.

Here is what would need to happen before I start putting together a full 25m group.

1) Attendance for both groups would need to be extremely phenomenal. Meaning absences would need to be to a minimum, as say 1 person missing one raid every 3 weeks.

2) Players in both groups would need to be progressing on a decent scale. I don't want a group being held back because of a group of players or even a single player.

3) Both groups would need to be able to agree on particular times to raid, for all 20+ people being able to make raids.

That being said, I'm sure there are some bosses as 25m we can do easily without much troubles if we have at least 15-17+ people with great dps/healers. These fights would be

~ Magmaw
~ Omnitron
~ Atramedes
~ Maloriakk
~ Twin Drakes

Every other fight to my knowledge has an enrage timer. I'm not familiar with tier 12 or tier 13 so I can't comment on that.

9I. Legendary Reservations

Group 1
Staff: Reserved
Daggers: Reserved

If you would like to join please add Vynlann#1183 and be ready to respond when you're successfully added. With all the realid friend spam requests by bots, its hard to tell who's real & who's not.

If you have any further questions please contact an officer in the guild on Echoes of the Past@Illidan and we'll help you the best we can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm constantly updating the OP's roster & recruitment, as people can't seem to decide what to play. Only 3 people I believe have 100% decided, so if anyones going off of that from what to choose, please don't.

Play what you want, but we are in need of ranged dps and a plate dps at the very minimum.

Updated times, they were a tad bit inaccurate as plans changed in main raid group to removing friday due to lack of attendance on that day.

We have gotten more attention than we had intended, in doing so I've gone ahead & started recruitment for the second group. As well as this since we would be rather close to a full 25m, I've posted my thoughts on why I haven't gone ahead & recruited for a full 25m group.

In addition to this I've updated the thread to include a table of contents for easy skip around in it.

Group 1 is now full and group 2 recruitment and roster is already very much underway.

Group 2 is still looking for 2 tanks, a DPS/Heal, and a DPS.

Please see the recruitment part of the OP for more specific info on what the group would like to fit that.

Still looking for more for group 2.

We are currently looking for a couple tanks (Preferred Warrior & Death Knight), and 2 dps (Ele shaman and Balance Druid preferred). As such times have not been decided and the times will favor those who are dedicated then the majority.

i might make a dk tank for u "my main in siege" depending on the raid times. my guild is currently going hard for heroic garrosh ON tuesday's , thursdays and sundays. if your times are on any other days i will gladly come tank

i might make a dk tank for u "my main in siege" depending on the raid times. my guild is currently going hard for heroic garrosh ON tuesday's , thursdays and sundays. if your times are on any other days i will gladly come tank

If we do Mon/wed/fri or a combination of 2 for those 3 days they would have to start at 5pm central due to alot of our group 1 raiding on mon/fri as well who raid in group 2. Add my battletag and we'll discuss things when we get closer to filling the group up.

Group 2 is now full, I'll be setting up a third soon.

I'll be contacting group 2 for available times to raid/days over the next few days. If I can't get ahold of you by tuesday you'll be removed from it. As of now consider all positions in group 3 open.

First night in group was successful as predicted.

Unfortunately had a slight attendance issue, but found replacements right quick. When I say I will replace those who do not make raids, especially the first I meant it. These groups will not face the problems that our 25m 80 group does.

Beyond that we downed every boss in normal tonight with the exception of nefarian & al'akir. We could've downed those as well, but decided to wait.

Changed a couple spots around, group 2 is now looking for a prot paladin. A little less than half the group is still leveling to 85, the other half is at 85 and ready to go.

Group 1 managed to finish off tier 11 normals with nefarian & al'akir. One shot al'akir. Had to make some adjustments as to who was kiting & healing in nefarian. Down after 4 attempts.

Looking to push heroic's next week, omnitron, atramedes & possibly magmaw. When we have access to a third tank halfus will follow.

Group 2 is now having a full recruitment open again with the exception of full time healing spots. DPS & 1 tank spot is open. See OP for more details.

Due to the lack of numbers we had in group 2 and group 1 losing about 3 people we decided to consolidate those who are actually logging on and putting effort in to group 1.

As of right now the roster looks really solid, if we do need a spot filled we'll open it up immediately so please stay tuned if you're interested.

Our 80 group has a special project coming up for 90 content soon in the forming of our WoD group. If you're interested in joining know that no spots are reserved currently as the nature of how I handle a roster is

A) Attitude

B) Who hits the level cap for it first

C) Who stays attentive and comes to raids/logs in

D) Effort/Synergy

Pretty good night to finish this reset.

Ended up one shotting tron heroic omnitron council. People came prepared, handled it well, had a mishap with poison bombs but other than that all good.

Had a couple wipes on magmaw due to lag with a healer and a bug that occured breaking one of our hunters weapons on the spot. Ended up getting him on about 4 attempts.

Spontaneously wasn't planning on attempting maloriak heroic, but we did and it went better than I thought. We needed just a tad bit more dps, but due to us losing a healer due to a storm on the coast we lost her through the night. Ended up killing atramedes heroic in a couple attempts after some confusion. Went back and downed mal norm after another attempt or two.

Finished the night with chim norm and nef norm.

Upcoming week we'll be downing twin drakes & cho'gall heroic for sure. Possibly ascendant council heroic if not attempts. Maloriakk heroic should go down for sure this week, and as well as chimaeron. Conclave will be some attempts on that. Depending on how the week flows we'll attempt nef heroic & al'akir heroic. Sinestra will follow quickly with that being our big stop for this tier.

Planning on being in firelands in the next 2-3 weeks. Should be fun, stay tuned. Videos will start coming next week of our heroic kills for those interested.

Managed to knock out heroic chimaeron with under 5 attempts and maloriak in 2 attempts tonight.

Looking to finally get twin drakes and cho'gall next week as well as some attempts or kill on conclave, and depending on time may put some attempts on al'akir & ascendant council.

Looking for 1 dps currently, death knight preferred, but a rogue will be acceptable. (Keep in mind legendary daggers are on reserve)

Updated recruitment and day/times.

We are now raiding on sunday/monday at 7pm-10pm central time.

We are recruiting a rogue or feral druid, would prefer a rogue. Nothing else will be accepted at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread