EU+US Easy way to get the chest in Neltharion's Lair (all classes)

Aelobin

DK Twink (80 / 85 / 101)
Something I didn't notice until today, there's an NPC called Mushroom Merchant hidden away near the entrance. Go down the water chute like usual but when you reach the bottom, head straight forward and slightly right instead of taking the turn to the left, you'll find a small path near the wall/cliff that leads you to him.

He has a chance to sell Floaty Fungus for 2g each, which is a slowfall item that any class can use. The selection of items he sells is random each time so it might take a few runs, but once you find it you can buy as many as you want (they stack to 20). They have a 10 minute cooldown (which is shared with the other items he sells) but this cooldown resets when you exit the instance, so you can use one per run even if you're clearing in 5-6 mins. To get the chest you simply walk off the edge of the worm chute and hit the slowfall when you start falling, so you hug the back wall and end up in the mini tunnel where the chest is.

He also sells an interesting item called Giantcap Mushroom which increases your attack power by 50% for 1 minute in NL/Highmountain - good for people who want to do big DPS on a boss :p

Oi that 50% Attack Power one is interesting, going to check this out in a bit. ^^

I find the easiest way to get the chest without requiring any items is to simply boost your run speed, Once you are fast enough you can jump to the right side of the rocks and the slope will push you onto the ledge where the chest is. I do this all the time on my Boomy in travel form or use Hunter speed buffs before jumping, (not sure if every class has enough speed)

I find the easiest way to get the chest without requiring any items is to simply boost your run speed, Once you are fast enough you can jump to the right side of the rocks and the slope will push you onto the ledge where the chest is. I do this all the time on my Boomy in travel form or use Hunter speed buffs before jumping, (not sure if every class has enough speed)
With the legendary item speed buff every1 should be able to get it, otherwise slowfall/levitate is the key.

Engineering ftw
Haven't been able to use gliders in instances for a while

I'm sure it gets easier with practice but I always found this method to be unreliable. Much prefer to spend 2g for a "guarenteed" way :p

I'm sure it gets easier with practice but I always found this method to be unreliable. Much prefer to spend 2g for a "guarenteed" way :p

Yeah that is for sure, missed it a few times at the start, fairly hard to see a good jumping point when worm is laying on it xD.

However a little advice I gave someone helped him get it first shot, if you're looking at the across the middle of the hole, there should be two rocks separated with a line/crack aim for the right one & that should do it as long as you have enough speed to hit the back wall.

Found that if I jump and 1 second later use the shroom, i'm good.. otherwise, if i try using it then dropping, miss every time
Lastly, If you miss, you can tele/out and in and it puts you at 2nd boss, so you can try again.

can you make a video of that :D?

50% attack power?! Damn this could make high mythic + keys alot easier

Users who are viewing this thread