Druid Thorns in 8.2 buffed massively for low levels

villiansv

Veteran
In case people haven't noticed - pre-8.2 Thorns used to hit your attacker for 5% of their HP. Now, it hits for 120% of your SP (as resto/balance, I'm not sure how Feral Thorns scales).

Quick example from my leveling 95 throwaway resto twink:

Average HP of players in 90-99 bracket - 15-16K HP with Stamina buff on.
Pre-8.2 Thorns would hit for 5% of that --> about 750-800 dmg/hit.
8.2 Thorns hits, for me with no procs --> 1350/hit. It also scales with potions, flasks, berserk buff, trinket procs etc, and can now crit. I played 2-3 BGs with this same druid, and have registered a 2.8k crit from Thorns.

In my experience in the 70s bracket, it would be even stronger there due to the still very high achievable SP and much lower health pools. Pre-70 as well, but having only access to one honor talent there makes it a tougher pick. Depends on your playstyle.

I only noticed this because I realised people wailing on me melt way faster than they used to.

I expect this to be much stronger up until 110 (relative to the old Thorns), and in the 111+ bracket it will fall behind in terms of throughput due to the massively inflated HP pools vs not so massively inflated SP.

It's pretty crazy tbh. My 59 druid is getting up to 1050 crits. Hope they fix it asap

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread