Dramaz in the Gulch

Charax

Battleground Superstar
There was a surprisingly competitive match early this morning, score knotted 2-2. Our non-traditional FC gets fragged and then he starts pouting about how he's just going to go to the stump and watch. I, of course, call him a "baby that's crying because he got killed in a video game", which then prompts a toxic bg chat exchange involving several players that goes on for 10-15 minutes (we eventually lost).

I'm all for toxic bg chat (I find it hilarious) though in a 2-2 game, we really should be more focused at the task at hand, though interestingly enough, most were directed at me.

Notable Comments

"Your character name is stupid" ("Thunderhoof" - but hey, I play on an RP server)
"Your server sucks" (Deviate Delight - RP-PvP server, but I like it - it has a great community)
"You suck!" (they quote my 600 health)
"My rogue is a retail gladiator!" (want to compare retail armories? No?)
"You're here just to get carried by us twinks!"*

* let's discuss this in the next section

Discussion

While I was an OG 19 twink in Vanilla, in TBC I embarked on "Project 24", which was to play all classes and create three variants of each class (to focus on each separate talent tree). The goal was to squeeze out the best out of each tree (even though some are obviously sub-optimal) and just gear them as leveling toons, then goof on my better geared opponents (miss you Whirlwind BG chat) on the forums. It's an experience I am reliving in Classic (15 level 19 toons to honored!)

In this match, we dominated the scoreboard in terms of KB/Death ratio, but lost the game. When I see that, it tells me that my team got outplayed (props to Justfine, and his mage/priest support).

Should it be my responsibility to gear out all of my characters to carry bad players?

Did we lose because my druid (who was healing, rooting, buffing and debuffing all game) wasn't twinked? Or did we lose because our twinks were not as good as the other team (won the scoreboard, lost the game)?

I'll be honest - most twink players are not actually good players. Don't look for excuses on why you died or why you lost. You can't twink your IQ. Watch superior players on what they do and learn from them and play better rather than look for scapegoats. Don't blame a token leveler geared toon for losing a game we should have won if your skill matched your mouth.

how old are you? because if you're older than the age of 16 and still so deeply invested in what happens during wsg then you need psychological assistance A-S-A-P

my advice to you is to sit back, relax, remove your hands from both your keyboard and mouse, close your eyes briefly and then take a deep breath to relieve all the stress that's going on inside your head

everything is going to be okay and we're all rooting for you buddy, being on the autism spectrum is a totally normal thing and you shouldn't feel bad about it

please, check out the following links as they might help you out:

- https://www.psychguides.com/guides/mental-health-hotline/
- https://www.autism-society.org/about-the-autism-society/contact-us/
- https://gamequitters.com/video-game-addiction/

being on the autism spectrum is a totally normal thing and you shouldn't feel bad about it

Ironically, I just started watching Love on the Spectrum on Netflix. Caught two episodes and I can hardly wait to see how Kelvin's date goes in episode three!

Ironically, I just started watching Love on the Spectrum on Netflix. Caught two episodes and I can hardly wait to see how Kelvin's date goes in episode three!

My wife and I love that show. In haven't played WoW in a decade but I remember the name Charax. I think I may have played with or against you in 19's a long time ago with either Fochixi, Thatsnotmilk, Twofeetoleet, or Hamshamwich.

Looks like nothing changes on twink forums. Someone speaks the truth and gets mocked for it.

My wife and I love that show. In haven't played WoW in a decade but I remember the name Charax. I think I may have played with or against you in 19's a long time ago with either Fochixi, Thatsnotmilk, Twofeetoleet, or Hamshamwich.

Looks like nothing changes on twink forums. Someone speaks the truth and gets mocked for it.

Fochixi and Thatnotmilk kinda ring a bell. I played a twink hunter 19 (Charax, then remade to Kharax) on Maelstrom. Dabbled on 19s and 29s and posted mad shit on Whirlwind and to a lesser extent, Nightfall forums during TBC. I was a massive forum troll. Most people would recognize the name from forums rather than in-game. o_O

Yeah, I like the show (watched episode 3 today). Honestly, the people are very sweet and likable.

Users who are viewing this thread