EU+US Downscaled BoE epics - Worth it?

Stale

Legend
So I'm sure some of you have noticed that downscaled BoE epics (level 65-69) have much higher stats and higher ilvl than the actual items at the current level (70).

My question is, is this true or do "new/fresh" drops also have an item level boost much higher than level 100 (from what I've seen this isn't the case). For example, a level 66 Don Santos has item level 148 (40 DPS, 98 AP buff), a level 70 Don Santos has item level 100 (33 DPS, 77 AP).

I also saw some downscaled Lola's and CHarlotte's which were at that item level and with the set bonuses, possibly surpassed old BiS.

Has anyone tried anything with these yet?

The old versions pre 7.3.5 had solid level requirements that did not scale. So since you are quoting TBC boes we will go there. The lvl 70 Ilvl 100 versions are the pre 7.3.5 version of these items. The new drops for tbc epic boes seems to follow this formula : armor, trinkets, and jewelry now drop at 65, 70, 75, and 80. With the 65 versions being 142 Ilvl and the 70 versions 180, so on and so forth. The weapons and shields have a chance to drop at 66, 71,76 and 79 with the 66 versions being 148 Ilvl and the 71 being 184. To reiterate, these items are the new version of these older items and now have the chance to proc at these levels and not in between. So there can no longer be a lvl 70 100 Ilvl epic boe from tbc anymore as a drop, only those pre 7.3.5 that were received as drops,grey, white, greens and blues are affected the same as well with new level req and higher Ilvl and stat procs. These seem to more sporadic though in there level range.

Wrath world drop boes also seem to have a chance to proc 180 Ilvl 70 req with the possibility of mop doing the same.

Disclaimer: these are world boss boes not single source boes

Last edited:
That's really interesting, good to know, was this datamined or did you base it on something else?

Does this apply to all BoE epics (also random world drops?) or just the world boss epics. Is there a guide/list available for each bracket what can drop at which level?

Has anyone compared these "new" epics to the old ones and are there any slots that have improved (BiS)?

That's really interesting, good to know, was this datamined or did you base it on something else?

Does this apply to all BoE epics (also random world drops?) or just the world boss epics. Is there a guide/list available for each bracket what can drop at which level?

Has anyone compared these "new" epics to the old ones and are there any slots that have improved (BiS)?
i did all this testing and checking as many servers as i could and looking for them in openworld and recieving some post 7.3.5. There are quite a few instances of better versions of these items now dropping, some include: Lola's eve, Charlotte's ivy, Truestrike ring, Signet of edward the odd, and necklace of serrated blades. You can check these out on my druid and my rogue. Also these seem to be world drop epic boes, that does not include world boss drops, those are single source drops, world drop boes are a different catagory all together. To answer your other question it does seem that these world drop epic boes all have a chance to drop at these new elivated ilvls

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/blackberryy
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/appleberryy

Users who are viewing this thread