Don't ruin the game...

Seriously.. exploiting terrain jumps. Just makes the whole experience bad.

Just left a game with a pally named Jessica from Mankirk... BoF + Swiftness pots + Terrain exploiting.

SMH

I just hope that terrain exploiting isn't the norm when pre-mades finally happen.

Imagine playing the game for this long and still haven't learned jumps

hopefully they limit which jumps can be done in competitive games

ik when we start to setup premades we will be talking with the opposing guilds GM and figure exactly what jumps everyone is okay with

There are actual terrain exploits and then there’s some generally accepted jumps. Personally I think the GY jumps shouldn’t be allowed in premades but they are generally accepted as legit so I’ve accepted them. There’s other spots like the logs on horde roof or on top of the horde base where you can’t be damaged by others that don’t do the exploit too. I 100% of the time report everyone that does those with the flag and suggest everyone else goes the same.
I’ve long said that the premade rules are what we say they are. We are obligated to listen to the kids that literally destroyed retail twinking with their toxicity or the private server guys that mindlessly follow the retail rules. Unfortunately people are sheep - so somehow the rules allow exploits and anything else the retail kids wants, yet you can’t use 3 or a class as that would be “unfair”.
Your thread will get spammed by bads saying “learn the jumps”. While it is a good idea to learn them to beat bads at their own game, please stick to your guns like I do on calling them out. When enough courageous people say no the “rules” will change. In the meantime, prepare to be mocked for discouraging exploits by the same people who use engineering items (the ones they deem acceptable only of course) on CD and who either magic dust you or their teammates do.

all hes doing is optimizing his character to the fullest. top tier terrain triumphs over tireless twinkers

Even if every able bodied 19 were to learn the jumps, the casual player especially one who isn't a tinker won't know what to do. From my perspective having to play d or fc every game. It's quite frustrating to have my entire offense tell me they don't know where the efc is, or how to get to him. This isn't xpoff wsg. This is just like in classic where you play against tinks, non tinks,t no gear tinks. You're taking advantage of an underdeveloped environment. I personally wouldn't care about many of them in a premade

I know most of the jumps, however this shouldn't be indicative of how a match goes.

What was Jessica doing? Pretty sure I streamed a game vs. him/her around the time of this post.
Yeah the consumable usage from alliance was extremely scummy, but what jumps did they do that was out of line? They just got the better of us. No need to make a QQThread
[doublepost=1581188659,1581188445][/doublepost]
hopefully they limit which jumps can be done in competitive games

ik when we start to setup premades we will be talking with the opposing guilds GM and figure exactly what jumps everyone is okay with

I think as far as competitive premades, the bias within the map should be fixed.
In other words, Both factions should have access to similar gap-closers, and the map should be limited based on that, primarily.
IE: groundfloor to horde portal is very easy and practical. Whereas groundfloor to alliance portal is a tad harder. Therefore, both floor>portal jumps should be eliminated.

What was Jessica doing? Pretty sure I streamed a game vs. him/her around the time of this post.
Yeah the consumable usage from alliance was extremely scummy, but what jumps did they do that was out of line? They just got the better of us. No need to make a QQThread
[doublepost=1581188659,1581188445][/doublepost]

I think as far as competitive premades, the bias within the map should be fixed.
In other words, Both factions should have access to similar gap-closers, and the map should be limited based on that, primarily.
IE: groundfloor to horde portal is very easy and practical. Whereas groundfloor to alliance portal is a tad harder. Therefore, both floor>portal jumps should be eliminated.

i agree 100%

The 1st instance was the attempt at trying to get on top of the Alliance base (the jump from the lighted fountain before you get on the roof). I was able to charge and hamstring.

The 2nd instance was a jump that prevented any melee getting to unless it's something you practice.

The 3rd instance is one where not everyone can follow (mainly male taurens), but walking through the fence. Exploit 2.png Exploit 3.png

Regardless.. it is what it is. My post is to raise concern when it's time for pre-mades and also wondering are jumps what dictate what a "good" player is now?

It's been a really long time for me since I've played and I just finished my 1st twink 2 days ago (kinda.. still need AGM and trinket).

Do I need to re-roll to a different race to make these jumps easier and be able to follow the exploiters during premades?

edit: I had to find some random WSG video to get some SS's to show you what I was referring to.
[doublepost=1581190108,1581189982][/doublepost]In the end.. I just don't want this game ruined by throwing all strategies out the window and solely relying on jumps/exploits.

generally female characters are better for ally base while male characters are better for horde base

I've noticed. Some jumps are much easier with certain races/classes. Don't know why but Gnomes are the hardest for me to make jumps with.. i feel like they glide through the air lol. Whereas Female Humans/Nelfs are soo much easier.

There are a lot of people who do equate jumping ability with skill but they're 100% the nobodies of the game. They've never been good but they've managed to learn some glitches in the game and suddenly they feel better than levelers for the first time in their wow career. Lions don't concern themselves with the opinion of sheep, so if you're from dominate just ignore their opinions like the rest of us do.

Do I need to re-roll to a different race to make these jumps easier and be able to follow the exploiters during premades?

yes. most ally guilds refuse to play without mortars; 100% they laugh in your face with the suggestion of no fence jumps.

Learn the jumps or GTFO.

You wanna win the title of being "best of the best" in the Twink Cup... guess what, the winners know the jumps.

Cant cry yourself to R1. Do the work SMH

How are you even a moderator if you don't even know how to read? Not sure who shit in your cornflakes...go back and read the thread before commenting please.

The 1st instance was the attempt at trying to get on top of the Alliance base (the jump from the lighted fountain before you get on the roof). I was able to charge and hamstring.

The 2nd instance was a jump that prevented any melee getting to unless it's something you practice.

The 3rd instance is one where not everyone can follow (mainly male taurens), but walking through the fence. View attachment 14540 View attachment 14541

Regardless.. it is what it is. My post is to raise concern when it's time for pre-mades and also wondering are jumps what dictate what a "good" player is now?

It's been a really long time for me since I've played and I just finished my 1st twink 2 days ago (kinda.. still need AGM and trinket).

edit: I had to find some random WSG video to get some SS's to show you what I was referring to.
[doublepost=1581190108,1581189982][/doublepost]In the end.. I just don't want this game ruined by throwing all strategies out the window and solely relying on jumps/exploits.

are you serious? those simple jumps are what youre crying over? lmao

Do you people even read the posts, or are you still stuck in a teenage mentality where you attack with your rigid points and positions? It's asinine. The general idea of this thread is to bring a discussion to surface regarding jumps that take time to learn, are race specific, or are straight up exploits. I don't care about your Twink cups, or the rules that were established in one of the worst eras for 19s.
It's lame as fuck, again. I think if every. 19 in the game knows the jumps, a premade where the terrain is discussed, I have no issue. Kiting a bunch of level 15s through an exploit makes you desperate.

Some of us actually want to play this game. I don't have a bunch of free time and would rather not have to deal with your long games that should be 15 minutes but people don't know how to get on a log. Not everyone has an awareness of xpoff or it's standards. Just like there were thousands of people doing arenas that never read arenajunkies. We are speaking of levelers, and raiders who make a 19 and have no clue people are going to be virtually off the map or inside a wall.

What jump did I do that you didn't like? All I did most of the morning was the ally fence jumps, connector ledge jump, horde west fence and ally graveyard jump once. I do not do any of the safe spots.

I came back to 19s after 10ish years away and none of these jumps were around that I can remember. Save for ally GY jump I didnt know most of these. But I got dunked on a couple of games by some solid horde players so I did what I thought most players would do and learn the jumps.

Premades are definitely happening and only safe spots have been off limits.

I take it you're the male Tauren warrior?

Seriously.. exploiting terrain jumps. Just makes the whole experience bad.

Just left a game with a pally named Jessica from Mankirk... BoF + Swiftness pots + Terrain exploiting.

SMH

I just hope that terrain exploiting isn't the norm when pre-mades finally happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread