Don’t freak out too early...or do. Whatever.

Zisa

Steezy-E
So everyone by now is aware of the BG queueing issue, and it seems like most people are reacting like an anthill with a lit firecracker in it.

I’ve seen a couple of other posts that echoed a similar theory to my own of which I will post below, but we may be freaking out a little early.

Remember a couple of months ago when blizz was having a tantrum about 110 twinks and with the way they were OP in Blizzards new favorite child, island expeditions?
At the time, they were going to kill the 110 bracket by making it unable to have xp off at that level, but everyone freaked out and blizz said they would reconsider and look into other options...Now we are seeing this.

I think they are probably implementing some kind of “fix” with that bracket in mind, to where xp on and off toons can’t queue “together” in the same party to boost people through things anymore....and in the process of doing it ran into an accidental bug.

I’m about 99% sure that’s what it has to be, due To the two GM responses posted in other threads, as well as the wording on the error message picture that someone posted that had to do with queueing xpon and off toons together, or changing your xp option while in queue. Whether the GMs have a clue or not, who knows, but the evidence that I’ve seen so far seems to point to “Its a bug”.

The 110 twink “problem” hasn’t been revisited by blizzard that I know of since the original issue was raised to begin with...and blizz was pretty desperate to fix it at the time obviously. since the initial reaction, blizz has been pretty quiet. Makes sense that they are finally trying something else...but would they just up and kill all of twinking purposefully?

I just doubt it. Especially since they caved to the xpoff community the first time, just regarding the backlash received over a single bracket. After doing that, why fuck up all the brackets? Makes no sense. Especially since they already tried separate brackets and obviously realized that it didn’t work, so it was reverted in the first place.

tl;dr - Go have a pint at the Winchester and wait for this whole thing to blow over.

Or go nuts in the meantime and call me an idiot when they prove me wrong in the patch notes over the next couple days and make a mass exodus over to Old School Runescape in protest. Either or works. I look forward to seeing your new pures.

Love ya guys <3

Just an FYI, I just queued into am island expedition with an xpoff and xpon grouped together. Worked fine.

Just an FYI, I just queued into am island expedition with an xpoff and xpon grouped together. Worked fine.
Huh, interesting. Could have just been implemented like shit and isn't working properly, which is why we are seeing all the goofy problems with queueing.

Or the 110 twink thing could be unrelated altogether. Just would have made more sense if they were connected.

Still looks more like a bug than them doing split brackets again though imo. Either way all we can do is submit our tickets, & wait and see.

I agree, it made perfect sense... but unfortunately that's not "fixed" and we're still broke. :(

edit- I also right now have 2 accounts in queue at level 20 fresh zandalari, one xpoff on xpon.

The xpoff is at 34 mins and 17 mins specific queue EotS and WSG, and the xpon is 17 minutes random queue.

Last edited:
Hope the OP is right, but some of us still remember the first time we were screwed over by Blizz separating XP on & off into separate queues. I don't remember the patch notes at the time having anything to say about it either, they completely sprung it on us.

Our XPoff twinks can still queue into 5 mans with levelers so its definitely a PvP issue. Levelers rarely bitch on the forums when forced to PvE with twinks I guess.

Not freaked out at all. Anyone notice that bgs didn’t give xp? May be a bug or may be intentional. Will test further tomorrow.

As someone who can't queue during Oceanic unemployment/welfare hours (i.e. when all the NA twinks are queuing), if this change is permanent it basically makes twinking impossible for me. Queues were already >30 mins on prepatch and separating brackets will at least double that. My only option then is to queue on weekends, but I have a life so nah.

As someone who can't queue during Oceanic unemployment/welfare hours (i.e. when all the NA twinks are queuing), if this change is permanent it basically makes twinking impossible for me. Queues were already >30 mins on prepatch and separating brackets will at least double that. My only option then is to queue on weekends, but I have a life so nah.
Cool story bro.

You're some rando 26-year-old who sounds like a 16-y/o shitposter. I'm more amused than mad.
yikes.JPG

Yikes.

Users who are viewing this thread