Does this chest mail item even drop

Batchee

Legend
Has Shamblehide Chestguard dropped for anybody else from The Black Stalker in Underbog ? I'm sure i'm up 40 attempts on this boss. Here's all my other drops...
3Ch657u.png

DoShmKK.png

Yeah it does drop, took me and my friend to farm The Shadow Lab for a constant 3 weeks just to get 1 cloth shoulder. Mind you its not like 1-2 times a day. Its like 4-6 times a day. Yeah its quite the experience.

Feel you bro.. ive been trying to get loot from auchenai and old hillsbrad, both instances are horrible and i never get the pieces i need. Stay strong brother, its going to be worth it :D

BTW, the RNGrind is less painfull when you run yourself through with a 50.
Sure about that? Took me 89 kills of Quagmiran to get ONE Tank Belt for my Pally, with (2) 10's in the Group so technically 178 chances at loot.

It took me around 80-100+ runs tog et ironsole clompers on my old 59 before shadowlands prepatch. So yeah rng can be a real pita.

Took my hunter about 2 dozen attempts clearing it with a 50 then logging out to solo for double loot chances. It was brutal but I found the legs from battle for hillsbrad to be worse. Gl you’ll get em!

BTW, the RNGrind is less painfull when you run yourself through with a 50.

When you run with a 50, you get 1 piece of loot form the whole table, so if a boss has 20-30 possible drops like some tbc end bosses, your chances are 1/20-1/30 for each run.
Running with a group your own level, you get personal loot which is 0-5 pieces. Your chances for loot while running with a group your own level are literally 10x the chance of being ran. 1:3 vs 1:30 is a great and provable example.

you get personal loot

So do you actually get "personal loot" or does two loot items just drop from the same 20-30 drop table, just like legacy loot does, and then if one of those items matches your spec you will receive it? Seems more likely given you get nothing at all more than loot, which would be something OFF your spec. Example being, the one weekly dungeon buff where end-bosses drop an extra piece of loot... It's not guaranteed everyone gets loot, the end boss just drops 3 pieces instead of 2.

Have you ever seen more than 2 people get loot on a boss? Or does it just drop 2 items for both types of loot system?

edit- i prefer the 50 with 2 twinks in tow as was suggested, since you can actually get 2 useable drops from a singe boss with will NEVER happen using personal loot.... right?

Last edited:
When you run with a 50, you get 1 piece of loot form the whole table, so if a boss has 20-30 possible drops like some tbc end bosses, your chances are 1/20-1/30 for each run.
Running with a group your own level, you get personal loot which is 0-5 pieces. Your chances for loot while running with a group your own level are literally 10x the chance of being ran. 1:3 vs 1:30 is a great and provable example.

unless the boss's loot table is absolutely massive, the time you save by AoE 1-shotting the whole dungeon outweighs shit RNG/extra useless items.

I was more than 40. Easily. You can parachute cloak across the chasm almost immediatley after the first boss and solo the black stalker if you time aspect of the turtle/pet revives well enough.

solo the black stalker

Just a general-knowledge FYI to anyone, if you're soloing bosses you can just log out the 50 running you in legacy loot before engaging a boss and both items drop at the twink level once you solo it. Then log the 50 back and zoom to the next.

(99.9% sure, was doing it before the recent gear nerfs anyway...)

Thx for all answers, im up 75 attempts now and still no drop lol

I was more than 40. Easily. You can parachute cloak across the chasm almost immediatley after the first boss and solo the black stalker if you time aspect of the turtle/pet revives well enough.
That's what i do, i use disengage to get over the chasm, i usually failed my jumps 20% of the time, but after 20 attempts i never fail
[doublepost=1606655340,1606654426][/doublepost]2 attemps after this message and the chest finally dropped. what a hell

Users who are viewing this thread