Does DR on secondary stats exist?

Nik

Grandfathered
I'm trying to confirm wether this is the case. If so, wouldn't i want to diversify my secondary stats more?

You may find this helpful
upload_2022-6-26_17-52-21.png

Very good. But why does Batchee say the reverse of that in his twinkdb DH guide, "Try to hit 24% haste (20% in BG)."

TwinkDB - Builds
He's not saying the reverse of that.

Im not a DH expert but it would appear his advice is to hit about 20% haste because once you've gotten that far, it's better to stack up other secondaries like vers. This might be because of gearing constraints where achieving more haste requires sacrificing too much of a different and more valuable secondary. Or it might just be that he didnt see enough improvement beyond 20% to warrant much more concern.

It doesnt mean "this is when diminishing returns are programmed to kick in"

Reactions: Sil
I believe generally crit and haste gets the most rating benefit before DR

versa I feel like DRs pretty early compared to crit/haste generally

mastery depends highly on spec

He's not saying the reverse of that.

Im not a DH expert but it would appear his advice is to hit about 20% haste because once you've gotten that far, it's better to stack up other secondaries like vers. This might be because of gearing constraints where achieving more haste requires sacrificing too much of a different and more valuable secondary. Or it might just be that he didnt see enough improvement beyond 20% to warrant much more concern.

It doesnt mean "this is when diminishing returns are programmed to kick in"
Yeah that makes sense. However, there does appear to be a hard 25% DR threshold for all secondaries. Like Chops is saying, there are two factors happening simultaneously.

DR seems to be there in a form of needing a larger amount of secondary stat for minor changes in affecting cast abilities as you continue to stack.

aim shot on my hunter is 2.4 sec on a hunter with only 5% haste, standard not haste focused. equip a 16 haste focused neck and two with 15 & 14 haste rings, my aim shot shows 2.1 sec. equip a bow with 17 haste this is +12 haste over my current bow, aim shot still 2.1. it took another 5 haste to get to 2 sec but aim shot felt extremely weak at that point

mastery on passives like BM hunter threated totally different, the hunter above with only 3 mastery gets a 17% mastery bonus, i change bow, necks, rings to mastery focus getting a 37% mastery pet damage bonus, but its linked to a passive on pet damage not a direct ability, seems to have little to no DR, i have the trinket that on use adds 84 mastery when i use it my mastery pet damage bonus goes to 78%

Aff locks same as BM, mastery stacked are insane, their mastery also affects passive of dot damage not a ability

Last edited:
My dudes there's a stat calculator out there
[doublepost=1656349069,1656349037][/doublepost]
DR seems to be there in a form of needing a larger amount of secondary stat for minor changes in affecting cast abilities as you continue to stack.

aim shot on my hunter is 2.4 sec on a hunter with only 5% haste, standard not haste focused. equip a 16 haste focused neck and two with 15 & 14 haste rings, my aim shot shows 2.1 sec. equip a bow with 17 haste this is +12 haste over my current bow, aim shot still 2.1. it took another 5 haste to get to 2 sec but aim shot felt extremely weak at that point

mastery on passives like BM hunter threated totally different, the hunter above with only 3 mastery gets a 17% mastery bonus, i change bow, necks, rings to mastery focus getting a 37% mastery pet damage bonus, but its linked to a passive on pet damage not a direct ability, seems to have little to no DR, i have the trinket that on use adds 84 mastery when i use it my mastery pet damage bonus goes to 78%

Aff locks same as BM, mastery stacked are insane, their mastery also affects passive of dot damage not a ability
No mastery on BM!:FrogeTorch:

mastery does more for a BM hunter than crit, as for haste i'm covered in option gear if needed.

i did a 2 agi 2 crit gem build, i would say don't crit focus. i switched al my gems to +3 agi, instantly noticed the improvement

I don't know what it's gonna take to dispel the belief/assumption that haste only has an effect when your tooltip starts rounding to a different value.

mastery does more for a BM hunter than crit, as for haste i'm covered in option gear if needed.

i did a 2 agi 2 crit gem build, i would say don't crit focus. i switched al my gems to +3 agi, instantly noticed the improvement
Haste, vers and full agi gems with some stam if needed provides the biggest overall dps. Most of your damage is from yourself and not pets so vers gives better increase. Haste increases literally everything. Attack speed, pet attack speed, focus regen, gcd, cooldown reduction. Crit comes naturally from tbc gear and shortbow.

I don't know what it's gonna take to dispel the belief/assumption that haste only has an effect when your tooltip starts rounding to a different value.
Well said.

Users who are viewing this thread