Does Chaos Bolt do more damage than Aimed Shot?

Zorch

Topic.

I’ve heard murmurings it does...

... and if so, why does literally no one twink them?

Last edited:
Slightly longer cast time that can be interrupted, and aimed shot gets two charges and can open with the focus for them while chaos bolt needs you to build up soul shards before launching your second one. Plus hunters in general having more utility and better armor overpowers the value of being able to invest heavily in one big nuke.

And I have seen locks out there. They just aren't as meta.

they go destro for the 2+k soulfires . Chaos bolt hits JUST slightly harder but with a super long kickable cast.

Hmmm, Locks seem low-key moist. I’m legitimately debating rolling one just so I can try the Demo blow-literally-all-cooldowns-and-vaporize-another-player-every-minute-spec, or just go Destro and delete Hunters with stupid Soul Fire + Chaos Bolts.

Thank god this bracket, at least in my experience so far, actually doesn’t have a ton of Hunters (much less, twinks) in every single BG... actually makes trying new specs remotely viable vs. in the past when you literally got fucked if you weren’t playing a top-tier spec.

Will likely get butthole pulverized by said Hunters, but hey, that’s 20s, amirite?

So no one gonna mention that locks have fear xD lmao

Fear + Soulfire = Dead Hunter
Fear + CB + Talent(Flashover) +CB = Death to hunter

Youre welcome ;)

Hunter can do all of the following:
Disorient you while you cast fear and instantly kill you.
Feign death while you cast fear and instantly kill you.
Interrupt you as you cast fear and instantly kill you.
Trinket out of fear and turtle or feign, and then instantly kill you.
Get feared for the lolz and kill you with their pet before you finish casting soulfire
Source: I play warlock

On your second point with Flashover, honestly that talent is not worth it. There's no reason to take Flashover over Soul Fire when the latter hits for double even when you don't crit. Also, you can't fear + CB + conflagrate + CB; you'd only have 3.5 soul shards, not enough for the final chaos bolt. Against even leveling hunters you would be less than half health before generating those last soul shards to produce a bolt that they can just exhilaration or turtle or feign or shadowmeld or bloodthorn loop or...you get the idea.

Warlocks are pretty fun, but they are def not OP or meta. Imo destro is the worst because by this level every other class in the game has some sort of instant kick/stun/punt

IMO Destro only works against those who either don't know how hard Soul Fire hits, or don't know they have interrupts

Watch my stream right now
Im on my lock :)
[doublepost=1610077332,1610077267][/doublepost]@Nicholasky

I watched your stream the last five minutes, and what I saw a veteran 20 with everything geared attacking people who weren't even paying attention... Of course if you are fully geared against levelers who aren't even attacking you, not bothering to interrupt and just chilling in general as they try to level up in the 20-29 bracket you will kill them fairly easily...

I had assumed that your "death to hunter" strategy was something you used against people with more than 6 hours played. I correct my previous comment to apply to fair duels between twinks and not vicious murdering sessions against poorly geared players in ilvl 5 exile's reach armor.

Do you want me to post a montage of killing twink hunters ;) with cc chain! You must not know how to play a lock if you cant fear,drain life, and kill
[doublepost=1610078378,1610078267][/doublepost]I'm not saying hunters arent meta - but i will say that they are beatable. @Nicholasky please read the title lol - the actually thread is title is what??? To answer the question CB does hit hard than Aimshot :) * Sips tea

I watched your stream the last five minutes, and what I saw a veteran 20 with everything geared attacking people who weren't even paying attention... Of course if you are fully geared against levelers who aren't even attacking you, not bothering to interrupt and just chilling in general as they try to level up in the 20-29 bracket you will kill them fairly easily...

I had assumed that your "death to hunter" strategy was something you used against people with more than 6 hours played. I correct my previous comment to apply to fair duels between twinks and not vicious murdering sessions against poorly geared players in ilvl 5 exile's reach armor.

You must have not watched my stream if you didnt see any fear spams on hunters xD ill make you a video ;)
[doublepost=1610078628,1610078456][/doublepost]
If you made a montage of being killed by twink hunters you would have much more footage
68003819.jpg

HUNTERS!!!! AINT GOT NOTHING ON LOCKS (ME)!

Do you want me to post a montage of killing twink hunters ;) with cc chain! You must not know how to play a lock if you cant fear,drain life, and kill
[doublepost=1610078378,1610078267][/doublepost]I'm not saying hunters arent meta - but i will say that they are beatable. @Nicholasky please read the title lol - the actually thread is title is what??? To answer the question CB does hit hard than Aimshot :) * Sips tea
And yes I do see the question but if we're gonna say that I'm off-topic I could just as easily claim that you didn't either the question either. I just figured I could add on to your message by stating some pretty important points that you were leaving out.
These details are pretty important b/c OP is deciding whether or not to make a lock, and seeing all the good in the kit makes it tempting but sometimes you should see the bad too. Wouldn't wanna dedicate too much time to a twink just for it to look opposite of what you were advertised..

And yes I do see the question but if we're gonna say that I'm off-topic I could just as easily claim that you didn't either the question either. I just figured I could add on to your message by stating some pretty important points that you were leaving out.
These details are pretty important b/c OP is deciding whether or not to make a lock, and seeing all the good in the kit makes it tempting but sometimes you should see the bad too. Wouldn't wanna dedicate too much time to a twink just for it to look opposite of what you were advertised..

@Nicholasky this is the original post lol xD
upload_2021-1-7_20-11-21.png

Also - you are assuming that every twink hunter will have all cds when facing a lock in a bg. If it came down to a team fight a lock could be more viable in a rbg or a wargame. The fact that a lock can fear or 1 shot healers(twink)/dps(twink)/tanks/fc carriers makes lock a big time class in SLs. Both hunters and Locks bring big contributions to any bg game if played correctly.

Imo i would still take a lock over a hunter in a wargame because of the power of fears/cb/1shottwinks when needed.

Thank is all :) But i do like the points you made in your first comment so no hate.

Users who are viewing this thread