Does anyone know how to get 158ilvl items for 35s?

xyw1995327

A group chat member in a CN twink forum just shared his account in 35lvl with 158ilvl gears equipped. These items were obtained from heroic dungeons and the mobs are all in 63lvl, which is made by timewalking, as he said. I called my friends and tried it today but
when we entered Heroic dungeon then a member outside the dungeon with pandaria chromie turned on the timewalking, the mobs did change their lvl to 63 but all members in the dungeon are locked at 50lvl. And it's even impossible to beat one normal mob in this circumstance. Can anyone share some ideas about it?
136311ff4f674875cfb087c1a2e59410.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried every which way to get my 10's into Heroics via Party Synch and Chromie Time with no joy. My point is that iLvL 155 is SL Heroic Dungeons, nothing else. I can't see how the Game would magically upscale BfA or any other XPac Heroics to higher than BfA Mythic Raid gear.

I tried every which way to get my 10's into Heroics via Party Synch and Chromie Time with no joy. My point is that iLvL 155 is SL Heroic Dungeons, nothing else. I can't see how the Game would magically upscale BfA or any other XPac Heroics to higher than BfA Mythic Raid gear.
I wont test with a 10, i'd test with something higher like this example 35.

And you know how buggy the game is, who knows that these 53 / 63 NPC's drop they were probably never meant to be encountered via this partysync / chromie time toggle trick.

it looks like they are wearing MoP gear only.

i just checked that weird thing with the sync, during my daily heroic black morass run on my 50, for the gem that int users use from there xD. i was able to scale the last boss up to skull level, same with medivh. the boss killed me in 4 melees and had 204k hp. will need a real tank/healer. maybe it can be a level 60 too, who knows.

i do think that 50 twinks could do it easily if you have the healer and tank role. i seemed to not be template on my mage

Ok, checking from my 60 with the Journal. MoP "Timewalking" gear does display as iLvL 158 (to a 60) and is Blue. The problem is we haven't had Timewalking active since SL dropped (when you could Level to 60) so I'm uncertain how TF they pulled that off. Here are things I tried with a 60 and 40 in Party:

1) Partied with 40 not on Chromie Time, both entered Heroic MoP Dungeon, enabled Party Sync FROM the 60's Quest Log inside the Dungeon: 60 gets dumped down to 50 but Mobs still LvL 35 and I 1-shot everything.

2) Partied with 40 ON MoP Chromie Time, Party Synced outside the Dungeon, set to Heroic on 60 who is then made 50, 40 unable to enter Instance, 60 (as 50) goes into Dungeon and trash is all Skull and impossible to solo. Looked at the Adventure Guide while inside on the 60 and gear is in fact iLvL 158 TO the 60.

3) Partied with 40 ON MoP Chromie Time, Party Synced outside Dungeon, set to normal on 60, both enter Dungeon, mobs 50's to the 60 (who is 50 now), pretty difficult to solo even 1 trash mob. Trash is 40 to the 40. Unable to set to Heroic while inside the Dungeon.

Moral of the story, it was likely a 4 person group of 60's that entered the Dungeon on Heroic > invited the 35 to Group that was on MoP Chromie Time then either the 35 ported into the Dungeon using the icon on the mini map or they Lock summoned them in. This would be VERY hard as the NPC's are essentially now 10-13 Levels higher than even the (4) 60's. This also means the low(er) Level Twink will probably have to be of the Level to do said Dungeon on Heroic.

EDIT: This does NOT work for WotLK Dungeons at least while the 40 is on MoP Chromie Time. The NPC's are Skull but much easier to kill and the loot shows normal iLvL. I have to do some work now so I'll test more later. It could be a serious opportunity for REALLY dedicated and well connected Twinks.

WORKS: (includes being on the appropriate Timeline)
  • MoP = iLvL 158 (to a 60, based off Adventure Guide)
DOESN'T WORK: (includes being on the appropriate Timeline)
  • TBC = iLvL 33
  • WotLK = iLvL 37
  • Cata = iLvL 41
  • WoD = iLvL 47
  • Legion - iLvL 50+
I should point out that I physically entered 1 Dungeon from each XPac WITH my 40 being on Chromie Time OF that XPac and looked at the Adventure Guide for Dungeon drops to get the above info.

[doublepost=1608762652,1608761559][/doublepost]Also, please move this Thread where prying eyes can't see it.

Last edited:
@Chops Bummer, ok. My worry is that to fix this Blizz will just take the easy way out and disable Party Sync while in or doing Dungeons, thus removing the ability for 48/49's to get proper gear while the SL Quest is still bugging out Chromie by syncing with a 10-20 who carries the 48/49.

@DeLindsay 60 was getting scaled to 50 in there? with template? so like 8k?
no template for me on 50

its 60 mobs tho, i cant hit anything. you have to find a way to kill the stuff too...
My 60 got everything scaled down to iLvL 56 and had ~8400 HP. I couldn't kill shit. The Trash had 76K HP and 2-3 shot my Hunter Pet. This was MoP. All other XPacs the Trash is still skull but under 5K HP and while they hit like a truck they were more manageable.

EDIT: We'll have to gear like TW Twinks to be capable of doing this with any real ability. High iLvL won't mean jack shit. It's going to all be about scaling procs/on-Use and Gems.

My 60 got everything scaled down to iLvL 56 and had ~8400 HP. I couldn't kill shit. The Trash had 76K HP and 2-3 shot my Hunter Pet. This was MoP. All other XPacs the Trash is still skull but under 5K HP and while they hit like a truck they were more manageable.

EDIT: We'll have to gear like TW Twinks to be capable of doing this with any real ability. High iLvL won't mean jack shit. It's going to all be about scaling procs/on-Use and Gems.
my 50 is non template. i would guess that anything 50 and below is not templated. you wouldnt have any procs on a syncd 60.

my thought is to try to 1 shot the bosses with soul capacitor trinket on a 49. starting sync when you have the buff stored. youd still need to actually hit with the spell. i cant think of anything else other than going in there with bis 50 prot pally and 4 disc priests and dot the bosses down.

you can swap chromie on and off in there, but not while anyone is in combat

to hit the mobs one player will leave the group so they can leave party sync. they get 60 seconds before being tped out to absolutely trash all of the mobs in there while the now 4 synced players run after.

a stretch but maybe?

@zazzyfraz What I mean is items that scale funky while on TW, if that's even still a thing. Back in WoD/Legion even max Level Toon needed to build a full TW set to really blow through them because their Mythic Raid gear wasn't shit after scaling.

As for Template, do you mean that while in Party Sync everything for the high Level Character is set to a specific everything and there's no way to cheese it with old content gear with big procs/gems.

Nevermind, I found out myself that EVERYTHING is disabled, Gems, Enchants, all of it, so it is purely Template above 50.

Last edited:
EDIT: This only appears on characters below 50 who are doing Pandaria Timewalking, and only on some items.

EDIT2: Can't enter heroic dungeons while timewalking... Perhaps with warlock summon--maybe scholomance and scarlet are exempt since they are "vanilla" instances... testing atm

edit3: Can't actually enter any heroic dungeon while in timewalking campaigns, maybe if someone joins your group while your in an old heroic dungeon
[doublepost=1609217872,1609214147][/doublepost]One more extra post--here's how to get into these dungeons and gear alts with this gear--you need these following pieces:

NEITHER OF THESE ARE IN CHROMIE TIME!!
1-3 level 60s to carry through the dungeon
the twink you are trying to gear up
THIS ONE IS OUTSIDE THE DUNGEON IN CHROMIE TIME!!
any character in a timewalking campaign.

Basically, invite your 2-4 players into a party and phase into a heroic dungeon. Then invite the timewalking campaign and party sync with them. This forces the dungeon into a glitched heroic state where the mobs are 53-54. Walk through and trade the gear to your twink. The timewalking character MUST stay outside of the dungeon the ENTIRE TIME. Doing this with Pandaria Heroics drops iLvl168 gear that can be equipped by lvl 35 (39 bracket) characters.

Users who are viewing this thread