Do you like reading? What's your favorite book?

I read the book about Thrall way back when, "Lord of the Clans" I believe.

As far as favorite book... I don't really know actually. I'm terribly outdated in terms of modern literature, outside of science tech.

When I was studying Russian (don't ask why), I surprisingly liked "The Duel" by Chekhov. Although I don't remember much anymore, the impression still sticks.

College pretty well and good kicked the love of reading out of me. But I’ve been trying to get back into it and really enjoyed Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrell. It’s like if Harry Potter was written for adults with something resembling a measure of class consciousness.

and i do still make a yearly pilgrimage through the LOTR series.

Ive read some of the older books that take place around the WC3 era and the BFA/SL lead up books. Don't remember too much of the older books and the newer ones weren't anything crazy but was cool seeing one of the characters in the SL book having the same name as one of my toons.

Most recent reads have been Mistborn and the Stormlight Archive series. Probably gonna read some of the new Star Wars books after I finish the book I'm currently reading. My reading habits are pretty basic

yearly pilgrimage through the LOTR series
Silmarillion kicks my ass without fail every time I pick it up

Brady Games World of Warcraft guide

Brady Games Halo CE guide

Brady Games Halo 3 guide

Brady Games Halo 3 guide

Jk, my teacher used to say those arent books

Ive read every Warcraft book up till the MOP ones

I've got a few favorites, here's a top 10 off the top of my head:

A Confederacy of Dunces
The Decameron
The Art of War
Cujo
The Mahabharata
Finnegan’s Wake
Shōgun
Rainbow Six
Ulysses
Watership Down

I've got pretty eclectic tastes lol

Typically I prefer nonfiction, or fiction that acts as an allegory for a systems study. I reread Finite and Infinite Games by James Carse every few years. The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason gets a little dense and preachy in places, but I found it uncannily accurate and return to it every few years as well.

I read the book about Thrall way back when, "Lord of the Clans" I believe.

As far as favorite book... I don't really know actually. I'm terribly outdated in terms of modern literature, outside of science tech.

When I was studying Russian (don't ask why), I surprisingly liked "The Duel" by Chekhov. Although I don't remember much anymore, the impression still sticks.

About the Russian litterature I remember having read "First Love" by Turgenev. Original story, showing that love is like poison.

On another level, the Warcraft litterature is quite good. I guess most of WoW players liked the Rise of the Lich King by Christie Golden, probably her best novel regarding the universe so far.

I remember having kept good memories from the Malfurion Stormrage book written by Richard A. Knaak. But in my opinion, the best Warcraft story remains the Warcraft 3 campaign script. Such a perfect, original and brillant story written. Probably the reason why it's still the best to this day.

I love reading! I really liked all of Cassandra Clare’s ‘Shadowhunter’ Series’ and I know that she is best known for ‘The Mortal Instruments’ book’s but I would say ‘The Dark Artifices’ had to be my favorite, with ‘Lord of Shadows’ being my my favorite in the trilogy. I don’t think I’ve ever obsessed over a book series more. As much as the ending of ‘Lord of Shadows’ ripped my heart out, I really liked how it altered the story.

I have read Wow books, currently reading Rise of the Lich king. The other Warcraft Related books i've read are:
War of the ancients (the whole trilogy)
The last guardian
The day of the dragon
The night of the dragon
They're pretty cool tbh, when you've spent quite some time in the game and whenever you read about specific zones or places and you can very easily picture it in your head, I recommend them to anyone that likes the game, or likes reading (or both)

Users who are viewing this thread