Do Strength twinks get screwed?

Zorch

Finally going to be rolling my Warrior today and was poking around at what’s needed... maybe I’ve had my head up my ass (or just haven’t rolled a STR user), but an unsubbed character will have to farm Scarlet Archmages at 0.4% drop rate just to hopefully get Crusader, then grind enchanting to 300 to smack it on?!

I also seem to remember Chops saying STR users can’t simply buy the +2 STR/+2 Crit gems from the Honor vendor in SW and you had to either grind for Steady Talasites or do something else.

Appears it’s a slightly more involved process getting a Warrior or Paladin up-to-speed vs. Agility/Intelligence specs... what gives?

Pretty sure you can get str gems from wotlk proff, + they get crusader so who evenneeds them.

The gems are a little more involved, but not overly much so. You want steady talasites regardless so you aren't as squishy, and while you're working on JC anyways you might as well poke around northrend a bit. Yeah it'd be nicer if the honor vendors did have any strength gems (and I have no idea why they don't), but it isn't too painful.

Your best enchant being locked behind a 300 point grind while everyone else's comes from 75 at worst? Agreed that your best enchant is placed rather inconveniently. The grind for the recipe would be tolerable if it were just a recipe grind, but having to farm up all those skill ticks and then drop the whole thing afterwards is one of the reasons that full F2P can feel masochistic.

I lucked out on Crusader, someone on my realm was selling them for like 500g each. Bought all 4 stacks lmao

Just keep searching AH. If you dont want to farm the drop

Finally going to be rolling my Warrior today and was poking around at what’s needed... maybe I’ve had my head up my ass (or just haven’t rolled a STR user), but an unsubbed character will have to farm Scarlet Archmages at 0.4% drop rate just to hopefully get Crusader, then grind enchanting to 300 to smack it on?!

I also seem to remember Chops saying STR users can’t simply buy the +2 STR/+2 Crit gems from the Honor vendor in SW and you had to either grind for Steady Talasites or do something else.

Appears it’s a slightly more involved process getting a Warrior or Paladin up-to-speed vs. Agility/Intelligence specs... what gives?
Maybe i was lucky. But i found grinding Crusader recipe very easy. I've got 7 within 8 hours. Just make sure you kill everything in sight, not just the Archmages. Because they affect the respawn rate of the Archmages.

The much more difficult part is leveling Enchanting to 300 which requires leveling Tailoring first. And the grinding of the required clothes.

The formula drop rate isn't too bad, you should get one in less than 100 kills. If you go horde you can buy disenchantable greens from https://www.wowhead.com/npc=42028/kromgar-quartermaster to get enchanting mats. It's still a bit of a pain because they only give 1-2 light dust or lesser essence, so you have to buy and DE about 900 bracers to get to 300, but they're cheap and it's easier than farming cloth.

Users who are viewing this thread