Do Rankings Mean Anything?

Which rankings are the most meaningful?

• Total voters
Well I believe they matter to a degree, for anything other than trashmaster monk. Higher hks usually means you know how to play your guy to a good extent (usually the case) and then ratings you can always queue versus white geared f2ps but still.

Stats don't reflect objective play, so no

and I only skirmish on my 21 spriest because I'm bad at warlock arena lol, but I can respect arena stats

Not to toot my own horn, but the rankings don't really mean anything to me, because I've farmed all the top dudes on the 2s ladder a gang of times, running comps like Rogue/Boomy, Mage/Boomy, Lock/Ret, Rogue/Mage, etc. Mostly just fotm retards being fotm retards. It has made 2s a smidgen more competitive, though.

Also, I'd like to see more people queuing 3s! 2s are kinda stale.

^ for everything idiote said, the only way you're gonna see if someones good/average/bad is playing matches vs them today/right now, the rankings dont really have any factor.

website is terribly inaccurate, despite being fun & adding a fun layer to twink pvp, similar to the vibe of that epeen addon back in wotlk-ish 19 skirm days.

Coming from players that are listed as rank 40-70 starting from Trial till Jetlife. I wonder why I cant see your name on the website if you farmed them many times?
yes im talking about today/right now where is your name? its just funny how all the 6 players who voted 'none' are not even on the list.
lol where that crack pipe @

http://eliteguilds.com/?mdl=twentynine&l=us_EN&r=&f=8 my char is in signature

http://eliteguilds.com/?mdl=twentynine&l=us_EN&r=&f=2 trialkiller is r1 for US paladin as well

http://eliteguilds.com/?mdl=twentynine&l=us_EN&r=2v2Last&f=11 idiote is here

@cool

dope troll tho... if u didnt know tho, not seperating EU/US/client ladder stats makes no sense since people arent possible to play against from US to EU. one day maybe tho, then the US and EU will be able to properly compete @ top level as well at low level.

But US & EU dont share any matches, entirely seperate. Not in level cap either, which is why hundreds upon hundreds of people have rank 1 gladiator team titles per client, rankings for pvp don't really work that way but if thats how u look @ it then yeh word.

edit: would also be pretty silly if i wasn't able to be where i am for mage on US ladder when theres under 10 US mages that que, less than that of which are actually dedicated and pvp regularly at all. wouldn't have posted at that point, and didn't post about my own rank whatsoever until I was finally able to upload my character, which took a WoW transaction removing my alt code to even do so. Certain alt codes dont work for the site, resulting, theres a very real probable chance that a bunch of unlisted alt code toons exist & could be higher ranked than 99% of the ones on the website

Last edited by a moderator:
latest

I'm going to give my opinion on this general subject even though I don't play 29.

I agree mostly that the only way you can tell whether or not someone is good is to play against them. Someone telling me "I had x rating in x season", "I have x achievement", etc. tells me nothing about his skill level in the game - because there are so many different ways to achieve a certain rating, achievement or position on a ladder that doesn't involve playing well. To name a few: playing fotm, getting lucky queues (match-ups that heavily favor your comp), playing with much superior players, boosts, wintrading...

That being said, these ladders and stats do help promote competition. And competition is a good thing. Even if it is your opinion that the stats and ranking ladders prove absolutely nothing about a player, you should still be able to see the benefit of them being there and be in favor of them existing. If it's your opinion that there is no point to the ladders or stats you are probably one of those players who don't find enjoyment in competitive pvp, and you're probably bad.

But there is another point to be made about the ladders within smaller communities (like twink communities). If you are a part of the top players in your bracket, you know how good everyone else at the top of the ladder is because you play against them every day. For example, I play level 70 on EU. Here is our 2v2 skirmish ladder. I can with certainty say that I've played at least 50 games against every single player in the top ~13 and played 10+ games against everyone in the top 50.
So if I were to wake up one morning and a completely new player is suddenly 2300 rated (given that our current highest rated players are just below 2k2) I can very easily conclude that he's not bad. I know that he has had to win a considerable amount of games against really high rated players to reach that rating, and based on the rating that other people have lost I can even tell who he has been playing against.
So in conclusion: when you have small communities where every top player plays against every other top player on a very consistent basis, the ladder gains more meaning and can to some extent be used to determine whether or not someone is good.

tl;dr ladders are good, if you still believe otherwise after reading this you probably suck (sorry)

obvious troll is obvious

Interesting to see peoples opinions, and @cool good troll m8 you baited me good, obviously there's a lot of comps that will trump others and class balance is a BIG part of low level PvP like this but there's definitely something to be said for people that don't play the meta OP specs and still do relatively well.

I do like to see these lists, like others say it brings some competition and adds a new aspect to twinking, and I /nod to all the non-fotm who find themselves at the top.

These list are nothing more than some simple fun. These kinds of lists are bias because unless you put your toon on them it doesn't take that into account. For example if someone is the top in a certain category it doesnt mean they are actually the top, they are only the top out off all the people that have added their characters, there could be people that have higher stats and such that havent put their toons on there. So it will these kinds of lists will always be skewed unless it takes every character that has played in the bracket into account.

I'm going to give my opinion on this general subject even though I don't play 29.

I agree mostly that the only way you can tell whether or not someone is good is to play against them. Someone telling me "I had x rating in x season", "I have x achievement", etc. tells me nothing about his skill level in the game - because there are so many different ways to achieve a certain rating, achievement or position on a ladder that doesn't involve playing well. To name a few: playing fotm, getting lucky queues (match-ups that heavily favor your comp), playing with much superior players, boosts, wintrading...

That being said, these ladders and stats do help promote competition. And competition is a good thing. Even if it is your opinion that the stats and ranking ladders prove absolutely nothing about a player, you should still be able to see the benefit of them being there and be in favor of them existing. If it's your opinion that there is no point to the ladders or stats you are probably one of those players who don't find enjoyment in competitive pvp, and you're probably bad.

But there is another point to be made about the ladders within smaller communities (like twink communities). If you are a part of the top players in your bracket, you know how good everyone else at the top of the ladder is because you play against them every day. For example, I play level 70 on EU. Here is our 2v2 skirmish ladder. I can with certainty say that I've played at least 50 games against every single player in the top ~13 and played 10+ games against everyone in the top 50.
So if I were to wake up one morning and a completely new player is suddenly 2300 rated (given that our current highest rated players are just below 2k2) I can very easily conclude that he's not bad. I know that he has had to win a considerable amount of games against really high rated players to reach that rating, and based on the rating that other people have lost I can even tell who he has been playing against.
So in conclusion: when you have small communities where every top player plays against every other top player on a very consistent basis, the ladder gains more meaning and can to some extent be used to determine whether or not someone is good.

tl;dr ladders are good, if you still believe otherwise after reading this you probably suck (sorry)

Yeah, I think most people are in agreement with what you said. The ladder is obviously good for competition. Just doesn't mean much when you're losing to comps you counter, but then farm jajas and other comps you counter, for "rank 1" at 29 (this pertains to the people who run fotm/broken comps such as disc/arms, double bm, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
29 Pvp on US is better than ever, don't let anyone on this moderately inactive website mislead you, as far as I know 19s are doing their thing too. Many just play WoW and go on eliteguilds as far as "Daily" or regularly now though, as do I, despite efforts to have activity on this site.

As many others see it, sorta no point w/ what eliteguilds provides without added TI entertainment or good enough trolling/argueing to squeeze out even the slightest amount of entertaining banter/drama for people to laugh at/read.

She ain't what she once was

Users who are viewing this thread