DeLindsay

10s4Lyf
In 7.1 the Darkmoon Faire is gaining yet another purchasable using Darkmoon Daggermaw as currency. This new items is called the Darkwater Skate and it is a Manta Ray looking Water Mount that costs 500 Darkmoon Daggermaws. You can purchase it from Galissa Sundew while the DMF is active (after 7.1 is Live).

The main reason for this post is to inform folks to purchase ALL reasonably priced Darkmoon Daggermaws off all your AH's right now. The price will likely skyrocket the first DMF after 7.1 hits and Players realize the Gold they can make "selling you a new Mount" by selling the Fish ofc.

The main reason for this post is to inform folks to purchase ALL reasonably priced Darkmoon Daggermaws off all your AH's right now. The price will likely skyrocket the first DMF after 7.1 hits and Players realize the Gold they can make "selling you a new Mount" by selling the Fish ofc.
Yeah that might already be a forgone conclusion in the Player base. Every Realm I checked on NA had them at ~40 gold each.

Unfortunately for many this information came a bit too late. This info became "known" last week. Prices shot up immediately on fish. In some cases as high as 500-1,000 gold. I dumped as my fish via the mobile AH and could not keep them on the AH. It was a feeding frenzy (pun intended) for the first few hours that this information came to light. Prices have settled for now.

Mood

tumblr_mslx9kWDn11rkumvuo1_400.gif

Level 40 :( I have 4k Daggermaws sitting in my bank on my F2P and have nothing to spend it on...

miss fishing it up on every cast as lvl 20.

Level 20's can still fish the up every cast. I was just fishing them up a couple days ago on a toon lower than a 20. It is just a matter of leveling your skill up.
Unless Blizzard institutes a change post 7.1 so that they are not a 100% catch rate. Or are only caught out of pools.
The next minor worry I have is if they make them BoP. That is very very doubtful though.

Level 40 :( I have 4k Daggermaws sitting in my bank on my F2P and have nothing to spend it on...

You can always cook 'em up.

Almost all level 40 mounts are this way. Besides, this mount really won't be used all that much. It is a water mount. It has a very specific use. It does not grant you underwater breathing either. I probably would hardly ever use it. Might not ever use it on my end game toon since I have the Underlight Angler fishing rod. I would get it because I am a mount collector.

Nice find @DeLindsay. I have never fished up the http://www.wowhead.com/item=46109/sea-turtle so this will be a good way for me to get an underwater mount. Only thing is I need to get that 10 free days game time and make sure I pop it during the DMF so I can pick this up on a higher level toon.
Damn, would have been good to have while doing my Vashj'ir exploration achieve - lol. Would have sped it up :).
I'll certainly be looking to pick up this mount. Like @Allybeboba mentioned it should still work at 20.
Thanks for sharing.

That just means you have to be 40 the learn it. You don't necessarily have to be 40 to use it.
I'm aware of that since I own and use all the level 40 racial mounts before I got Hearthsteed. My point is, both the mounts from DMF are level 20 mounts (bear and flamingo, and even Moonfang when we could still loot her), so why make this new DMF mount a level 40 to learn?

Nice find @DeLindsay. I have never fished up the http://www.wowhead.com/item=46109/sea-turtle so this will be a good way for me to get an underwater mount.
I feel your pain. In WotLK I had 7 max Fishing Toons, every single Fishing Achievement that could be had, except winning the Tourny, and I fished about 2 hours/day for my Raid Guild because I was literally the only Player who could drop a Fish Feast and have never seen that f'ing Mount.

I'm aware of that since I own and use all the level 40 racial mounts before I got Hearthsteed. My point is, both the mounts from DMF are level 20 mounts (bear and flamingo, and even Moonfang when we could still loot her), so why make this new DMF mount a level 40 to learn?

Because the majority of players are level 40+. And the ones that are not they want them to subscribe. The majority of mounts are level 40+. This one just follow suit with the others.

Users who are viewing this thread