EU+US Dk - Which spec for PvP?

Unholy is cancer in end game, so i'd figure it would fare well here aswell. Not sure how much the honor talents and artifact traits impact, though.

As of right now i believe unholy is best spec. Can run double grip, and also have a healing debuff from pet. Can also top dmg meters as unholy. Frost does good dmg, but unholy does everything a little better in my opinion. If i was picking a premade 10v10 team I'd pick unholy over most melee classes.

As of right now i believe unholy is best spec. Can run double grip, and also have a healing debuff from pet. Can also top dmg meters as unholy. Frost does good dmg, but unholy does everything a little better in my opinion. If i was picking a premade 10v10 team I'd pick unholy over most melee classes.

Warrjiggles, Orc Unholy DK, is probably the only melee twink which I seriously struggle against. So yeah. Unholy for sure.

Appreciate the kind words. Yeah moriat unholy is probably the strongest atm. Cant say that for the immediate future though, since blizzard loves yanking us back down.

Appreciate the kind words. Yeah moriat unholy is probably the strongest atm. Cant say that for the immediate future though, since blizzard loves yanking us back down.
The 98/99 dks I've spoken with said that frost is best for battlegrounds but you're the man with the experience!

Could you do me a favor and give me a short rundown on which artifact talents to pick and why?

Throw me a btag request. Router fried last night and gettin a new one monday. I'll get you in the loop once I get online. Warr#11998

So far my favorite spec to play has been blood...I deeply regret making my other DK frost (wish she was unholy), while its damage is pretty decent it's super boring :(. I would go tauren for Blood (for the extra stamina and the AoE stun), and orc/blood elf (depending on preference I guess) for the other two specs.

So far my favorite spec to play has been blood...I deeply regret making my other DK frost (wish she was unholy), while its damage is pretty decent it's super boring :(. I would go tauren for Blood (for the extra stamina and the AoE stun), and orc/blood elf (depending on preference I guess) for the other two specs.
Are we talking pvp or pve? The blood artifact surely looks awesome =D

Sure:
Pros- High Sustain
An absurd shield (if you run the spec I do)
Lots of options for damage reduction
Unlikely to straight up lose a 1v1 situation against any other class (but it can easily turn into a stalemate in the case of sustain vs sustain)

Cons - Lower Single target damage than the other DK specs
Probably lower spread damage than Unholy
Blood's hardest hitting ability is their only ability vulnerable to interrupts

Essentially I'd only recommend this spec to someone with similar deviant tastes to mine a sort of bulk over damage mindset. It's hilarious that the survivability is actually more extreme than when I played a stam stacking 70 Blood DK in WoTLK/cata, I think that's primarily due to the somewhat low-end damage of this bracket combined with the aforementioned shield that when combined with Vampiric Blood (Which is further enhanced by the arti path I chose) is even more disgusting. With the bone shield stacks I sit at 400k+ hp plus the shield if I choose to use it is ~80k + the shield from the engineering item that is ~68k, with all the reinforcement on top of the healing I can become very difficult to kill.

Users who are viewing this thread