Dignified Headmaster' s Charge

daltondro62

Grandfathered
I have a friend that wants to roll priest. He doesn't have the mace or book boa, but he has headmaster's Charge. What would be best? And if its not the staff, which weapons?

It really depends what level you intend to stay and what spec you're playing, I play discipline, it's definitely better going Lvl24+ because of divine aegis, I recommend the following stat priorities, for Lvl23 or Lower: Int/SP > Haste > Stam, and for Lvl24 to 29: Int/SP > Crit > Haste, give or take stamina for survival. The current BiS weapons for Lvl23 or Lower: [Devout Aurastone Hammer] / [ Musty Tome of the Lost] after next patch [Blessed Hammer of Grace] will be the new BiS, for Lvl24 to 29 [Dignified Headmasters Charge] would likely be the better choice because it better benefits your stat priority with crit.

This is true, you do maximize total stats with the mace and off hand and could make up for the lack of crit else where, I try to stay within my priorities but not at the sacrifice of maximizing total stats available.

Mace 1H is BiS. Then you can use a Tome of Dawn or the Heirloom OH.

Reason for this is using 2 pieces gets you an extra OH enchant.

Staff is fine for now if you don't have the other heirlooms.

Using anything other then an heirloom for MH is totally not acceptable though since they put ridiculous amounts of SP on it. There is simply no replacement for an heirloom weapon for casters that even comes close.

It really depends what level you intend to stay and what spec you're playing, I play discipline, it's definitely better going Lvl24+ because of divine aegis, I recommend the following stat priorities, for Lvl23 or Lower: Int/SP > Haste > Stam, and for Lvl24 to 29: Int/SP > Crit > Haste, give or take stamina for survival. The current BiS weapons for Lvl23 or Lower: [Devout Aurastone Hammer] / [ Musty Tome of the Lost] after next patch [Blessed Hammer of Grace] will be the new BiS, for Lvl24 to 29 [Dignified Headmasters Charge] would likely be the better choice because it better benefits your stat priority with crit.

It doesnt matter what lvl he plays as everything scales to the same ilvl in bgs.
Go 29 and use your staff for now and get mace in 6.1 =)

It doesnt matter what lvl he plays as everything scales to the same ilvl in bgs.
Go 29 and use your staff for now and get mace in 6.1 =)

It's not a matter of scaling, it's a matter of what abilities you learn at different levels as I said above, it changes your stat priority. You wouldn't crit stack without divine aegis, but being 24 - 29 crit stacking is very beneficial but that also depends on the spec, regardless mace and off hand is BiS because of the offhand enchant and overall stats vs the staff.

It's not a matter of scaling, it's a matter of what abilities you learn at different levels as I said above, it changes your stat priority. You wouldn't crit stack without divine aegis, but being 24 - 29 crit stacking is very beneficial but that also depends on the spec, regardless mace and off hand is BiS because of the offhand enchant and overall stats vs the staff.

There's no reason not to be 29 now tho. 20-28 have no advantage over 29s whatsoever so everyone should be the highest level of their bracket now

Users who are viewing this thread