EU+US Different Motivations?

Estradiol

Veteran
So, I get that the "main" reason people stay lower level is for PvP, and I ain't hatin' on that. It is something I plan on doing more of, once I get some of my other goals finished.

Goals:

Level 20 of every class on 2 different servers (1 alliance/1 horde)
4 level 20 goblins and 4 level 20 pandas to get the oddball pieces of mog appearances. (on a third server)

Get BiS with each character, with alliance and horde having subtle differences.

See how many achievement points one can get WITHOUT outside assistance. Courtesy of the mage tavern event yesterday, I managed to get one of my characters to two moons (let the exploration begin!)

Just curious how many F2Ps do something besides PvP (even if only on occasion!)

-E

P.S. So far, over 1000 achievement points and 0 outside help, going to keep it rolling!

So, I get that the "main" reason people stay lower level is for PvP, and I ain't hatin' on that. It is something I plan on doing more of, once I get some of my other goals finished.

Goals:

4 level 20 goblins and 4 level 20 pandas to get the oddball pieces of mog appearances. (on a third server)

See how many achievement points one can get WITHOUT outside assistance. Courtesy of the mage tavern event yesterday, I managed to get one of my characters to two moons (let the exploration begin!)

-E

P.S. So far, over 1000 achievement points and 0 outside help, going to keep it rolling!
Pretty standard fare for most of us. F2P twinking tends to be quite different than any other twinking given we (as a group) tend to chase achievement points and exploration stuff and generally try to get up to "trouble" that our toons really shouldnt be doing.

I mean, I love pvp dont get me wrong, but I have a paid account for that. To crib someone elses phrase, F2P plays its own end game and thats really why Im here. It is, as far as Im concerned, the last "true" twinking left in the game and its certainly the most fun Ive had in game since TBC. I think it's really fun to see just how far you can push it.

I liken it to cars alot. Like, a Ferrari would be pretty neat. I'd certainly drive the piss out of it and absolutely love it on track day. But there's just something undeniably fucking cool about races like the Gambler 500, where you get $500 to buy a car and its gotta make it through this 500 mile rally race. Like thats WAY cooler to me. F2P is the same thing. Sure, end game is fun and all but really, I wanna see juuuuuuuuuuuuuust how far I can push this level 20 that cant use the mail system or the AH or enchants, or carry much gold.

I don't personally, but some of the bigger F2Pers (CrystalPall, Aislyngaio) are huge PVE fans and have written entire guides on pushing the limitations of F2P (rep grinds for Wrath,Cata, etc, achievement points, etc.)

I enjoyed collecting pets more than i did doing Achvts, but I already collected all the pets I could when 20s had access to exotic beasts back then

Goals:

-E

When you mentioned Pandas and Starter Edition players, you instantly peaked my interest. However, I am here to inform you that 4 level 20 Pandas are unnecessary if you're concerned with a Transmog collection. All the quest rewards from their quests are white-quality items.

Last edited:
that actually relieves me quite a bit, the panda starting area was fun the VERY first time you do it, each subsequent attempt makes me roll another race

PvP is my main motivation. When I used to play end game, I used to love doing arena with friends.
We’d warm up with a bg, then just crack skulls the rest of the night in arena’s.

But I lost motivation for the end game, but the buzz of lvl 20’s bg’s still gives me a buzz. I do miss end game arenas as the lower level arena’s just isn’t the same.

Apart from PvP, I also like to go where no F2P has gone before, and see how cheeky I can be by sneaking into places I shouldn’t be. Sort of like that feeling when an underage patron sneaks into a bar........

Gimme PvP and Exploration! That’s my motivation.

Apart from PvP, I also like to go where no F2P has gone before, and see how cheeky I can be by sneaking into places I shouldn’t be. Sort of like that feeling when an underage patron sneaks into a bar........

Getting up to Hyjal (with your excellent guide) was way cooler to me than any raid I completed or endgame pvp I participated in. It really does kinda feel like Im being a bit of an outlaw.

Users who are viewing this thread