Difference between 60 twinks and 69 twinks.

60 or 69 twink

• Level 60

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Level 69

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters

Denardor

Veteran
Just made my first 19 twink and looking to start a twink in the 60-69 bracket. I am unsure of why people have lvl 60 twinks when you can be level 69 and be overall stronger stats-wise. Is there a special reason that I've missed out?

Thank you very much,
Denardor

I play 69 because it allows for better gearing options (more sockets) and an overall stronger twink numbers wise, but I would be curious to see what other people's opinions are on this too.

I think a lot of people play 60 over 69 for nostalgia, but it also just looks cool to have a 60 toon vs having a 69, even if the 69 is objectively better (taking player skill out of it and just looking at the numbers). There isn't a way of describing it that makes much sense, but IMO a level 60 has a "coolness factor" that 69 doesn't have. The same way when you see a geared level 10 twink you just think to yourself "Hey, good job. That's a sick toon".

I still vote 69 though :p

Most People Still got their 60s, for some classes u have such as Edward hand, untamed, zulle trashy etc.. a couple of offsets Pieces could be bis at 60.

Thats how it is.

Some clown argued about a 69 having 300 more strenght than aproper geared 60 and thats just wrong as i Told erlier.

My 60 has 505 strenght ub oitside bg, instanced i get around 540. This 69 Guy has 601.. DO THE math ? I Told that it was about a dancing Steel proc or not.

I win a Little statwise but this bracket vontains 98% 60s so.

60 has history and larger community. Some people do 60 pve raids as well. Used to be able to do AV where the bracket was 51-60.

69 is there if you want to max out your toon at that level but without the community you're just going to be in it for smashing levelers, which a geared 60 can do just fine if they want to.

69 gets you some more gem slots and perhaps some more abilities but, thanks to scaling, the gap is broachable. The best dps trinkets are available at 60, there are no additional talents or PvP talents at 69, gems scale the same, enchants scale the same. A bad 69 is going to lose to a good 60 ten out of ten times.

Most people just don't feel the need to go up the extra power level given what you sacrifice. If I feel like being a God I go play 110

Reactions: hom
i was of the idea that 69>60 however with the recent post 60 weapon effect nerfs this may not be the case anymore. Someone can confirm or deny as to whether weapons like untamed blade work for 69s anymore.

60 has history and larger community. Some people do 60 pve raids as well. Used to be able to do AV where the bracket was 51-60.

69 is there if you want to max out your toon at that level but without the community you're just going to be in it for smashing levelers, which a geared 60 can do just fine if they want to.

69 gets you some more gem slots and perhaps some more abilities but, thanks to scaling, the gap is broachable. The best dps trinkets are available at 60, there are no additional talents or PvP talents at 69, gems scale the same, enchants scale the same. A bad 69 is going to lose to a good 60 ten out of ten times.

Most people just don't feel the need to go up the extra power level given what you sacrifice. If I feel like being a God I go play 110[/QUOTE

I agree with you..

Tho its not the 69 toon itself that makes u bad, its THE pol WHO plays Them.. sure me and My mates could swap ro 69s but what for ? Lol. Give me any proper old twink that levled His 60 to 69.
[doublepost=1540204928,1540204514][/doublepost]Be a man and play your 60. Theres a couple of 69s that queues Time to Time. They Still do bad.. they believe they can. Carry their team cause " im 69 yeah ! " Good job mate.

Also remeber ! Most of 69s arent maxed out so they have less stats than your 60..

But sure, im playing My 60 dk and sometimes i Cry abit for not having mind freeze.. but whateva, i got Got my GF items plus defilers tabard so im fine.

TBH just make one of each, that way you can have the best of both worlds... I have a 69 priest that I'm almost done gearing atm, and also going to be leveling a 60 DK in case I feel like doing pve etc. I enjoy 69 personally, but people seem to have pretty strong opinions on the 60 vs 69 debate, so if you go the 69 route be ready to get flamed a bit.

dont make one of each, that's retarded. make a 69 if you want the stronger character. i've ran into multiple 69s in bg's and added them to my flist. they're cool and fun to play with. the community is what you make it anyway.

ive ran into a few 60 twinks who seemed to be decent players that knew what they were doing. i smoked them on the charts and have higher overall stats. most 69s hover around 7.5k while the 60s are around 6k and if you factor in the damage difference it makes no sense to go 60 unless you also like having sex with a slightly limp dick. because that's what its like

People on this forum is...

U dont get 150 stam because THE lvl man :) either they got mixed shitgear with stam versa or just some other shit. Each Piece of Gear got like 4 stam more so perhaps u win 500 HP or so

I play 69 because the game works like that since vanilla. My 69 toon was a vanilla 49 twink. Twinking was always playing in the max lvl of the bracket.

Some years ago, blizzard has changed the game, with this scale shit thing. People went crazy about this, and now, on BFA, blizz has changed again, and RIP scale system.

The diference is not that huge, but, I saw other priests in the 60s with 500 intellect, and I can get 660+ because of the sockets.

But I´m still looking for others priest to beat me in BGs. I can do 1kk heals, and always 200k, 300k more heals than the second place.

The same as on DPS playing.

I play as a 60,70,80,and 100 for the following reasons.

1. I get access to a TON of content.
2. I feel like there is a coolness/prestige factor to being a completely decked out level appropriate toon wrecking house in a dungeon or Bg
3. Raid Content: old school raids are hella hard. Go try black temple in a full group of sunwell geared 70s. Not easy.
4. It feels good when your the lowest level in a bracket and you top the scoreboard.
5. Tradition

If your interested in just maxing out a toon for bgs, yes 100% level to 59 69 79 etc.

If you hate the idea of even doing one more quest or losing access to content, stay at the low end and you will still wreck house.

Thank you all for the comments! I will probably go for a 60 feral. Im currently 59 and enjoying it greatly.

60 for community
69 for bgs

Busgaga is known for his made up maths. 60s are scaled to 69 and cant get that much gems. I personally do 69 but both are rolling in bgs.
[doublepost=1540241198,1540241165][/doublepost]How is feral btw? Im curious

Users who are viewing this thread