DH twinking (and twinking in general)

Dukkai

Veteran
Hi all,

just wanted to ask, are 111 twinks viable for running Legion dungeons solo? I have a DH 111 twink (forgot to turn off exp gain so it went from 110 to 111, but barely) that I have been gearing in BfA zones (but I still haven't gotten my 295 azerite pieces) to up his ilvl a bit (it is around 235 atm)
However, I have tried soloing a few dungeons and I can't say it is going well. Only one I have managed to finish is the Darkheart Thicket, the rest I've tried and they seem a bit too much.
Are things going to improve when I get my 295 Azerite pieces, or is the 111 twink more suited for BfA content? Also, does it matter if it's Havoc or Vengeance? I mean, Havoc kills things faster but is a bit squishy while Vengeance is tanky but it takes ages to kill anything and debuffs pile up.

I would appreciate any input, thanks! :)

DH pve beast uses the legion head legendary to reset eyebeam as fast as possible. leech in meta form should heal you up nicely while spamming it. its not necessary to have 300 instead of 285 but the AZ traits can make a difference. what traits are you using?

well, if you are asking about Azerite traits, for now, until I get the pieces I want, it is Furious Gaze x2 and Hour of Reaping -> remnant of the tank spec, not sure which one to change it to, Chaotic transformation maybe. When I get the pieces I'm aiming for, I was planning on replacing Furious Gaze x2 with Eyes of Rage x2.
as for the helm, I'm scrapping up the essences to get it, need another 300 or so...
[doublepost=1563893746,1563893675][/doublepost]also, my armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/doomhammer/tamburix

just don't look at the mog, it's hideous.. XD it's on my to-do list when I get the final items.

I run a wpvp 111 resto druid twink who kills 120s with relative ease. I've run most legion dungeons solo in either bear for mass pulls or moonkin for quick boss dispatch with zero issues. I would imagine that your DH can mass pull and aoe tank just as easily.

Remember the biggest advantage of 111s is getting full benefit from BFA gems. For your DH this means 1 120 agi gem, 1 80 agi gem, and 50 secondary mastery gems (which I assume would be mastery for a DH).

You have crafted 111 green rings that are socketed and are dirt cheap to get you started. I'd probably get the DH beam head leggo and the crafted boots leggo (3 sockets + runspeed are great) and then hope for socketed antorus gear while getting your optimal 300 ilvl pieces.

I run a wpvp 111 resto druid twink who kills 120s with relative ease. I've run most legion dungeons solo in either bear for mass pulls or moonkin for quick boss dispatch with zero issues. I would imagine that your DH can mass pull and aoe tank just as easily.

Remember the biggest advantage of 111s is getting full benefit from BFA gems. For your DH this means 1 120 agi gem, 1 80 agi gem, and 50 secondary mastery gems (which I assume would be mastery for a DH).

You have crafted 111 green rings that are socketed and are dirt cheap to get you started. I'd probably get the DH beam head leggo and the crafted boots leggo (3 sockets + runspeed are great) and then hope for socketed antorus gear while getting your optimal 300 ilvl pieces.

Hmmm, haven't though about the gems, but I guess that makes sense. I'll probably get the DH beam leggo today and see what is the situation for rings on my realm. As for the boots leggo, there are none on the AH and unfortunatelly, this DH twink is my tailor/leatherworker XD so, he's supposed to craft his own leggings, but I think that will be a while down the road.. XD

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/crushridge/zerged

Dont have 295 peices and no Mythic Legion dungeon gives me problems. Also @villiansv what is your Bnet tag. i do world pvp all the time and still eat 120s. Good fun.

Cool, then there is hope for me yet, after I get my item level up a bit and switch stuff around.

budget 111 dh with crafted 233’s and bfa drops with +socket
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/dethecus/Tazerface

yeah, I was planning on getting the crafted gear but I was keeping my fingers crossed if maybe one of my quest items upgrades and surprises me :D
[doublepost=1563978698,1563963316][/doublepost]man, I fucked it up with the Azerite gear.. I was going for Eyes of Rage for my 295 pieces, but now I see that Furious Gaze is the thing to go for in Havoc DH.. o_O It seems I got things mixed up.. :/

Hmmm, haven't though about the gems, but I guess that makes sense. I'll probably get the DH beam leggo today and see what is the situation for rings on my realm. As for the boots leggo, there are none on the AH and unfortunatelly, this DH twink is my tailor/leatherworker XD so, he's supposed to craft his own leggings, but I think that will be a while down the road.. XD

Cool, then there is hope for me yet, after I get my item level up a bit and switch stuff around.

yeah, I was planning on getting the crafted gear but I was keeping my fingers crossed if maybe one of my quest items upgrades and surprises me :D
[doublepost=1563978698,1563963316][/doublepost]man, I fucked it up with the Azerite gear.. I was going for Eyes of Rage for my 295 pieces, but now I see that Furious Gaze is the thing to go for in Havoc DH.. o_O It seems I got things mixed up.. :/
i usually have either 2 thirsting blades pieces for sweet burst on bosses or mix in a metamorphosis trait. resetting eyebeam after its kicked or you’re stunned is more important to me than haste or an inferior eyebeam reset trait.

i usually have either 2 thirsting blades pieces for sweet burst on bosses or mix in a metamorphosis trait. resetting eyebeam after its kicked or you’re stunned is more important to me than haste or an inferior eyebeam reset trait.

well, I'm mostly gearing towards PvE so I reckon kicks are not so often...
Not really sure which ones to go for.. looking at the guides on the internet, most suggestions are to go for max Furious Gaze or a mix of that, Eyes of Rage and Chaotic Transformation...
Eyes of Rage plus head leggo seem to be the best option for spamming the beam.. although, I'm not sure how much that helps with the bosses that do not have adds with them to help with soul fragments and the beam...

Also, where best to go for bfa +socket drops? Dungeons? AH? Wowhead isn't exactly helpful on that front.

Last edited:
well, I'm mostly gearing towards PvE so I reckon kicks are not so often...
Not really sure which ones to go for.. looking at the guides on the internet, most suggestions are to go for max Furious Gaze or a mix of that, Eyes of Rage and Chaotic Transformation...
Eyes of Rage plus head leggo seem to be the best option for spamming the beam.. although, I'm not sure how much that helps with the bosses that do not have adds with them to help with soul fragments and the beam...

Also, where best to go for bfa +socket drops? Dungeons? AH? Wowhead isn't exactly helpful on that front.
i say kicked but mean things like chaos locked or a stun. you dont need more orbs to heal or faster eyebeam reset traits. you need a backup plan when you get chaos locked or interrupted. as for damage on bosses i already suggested thirsting blades x2.
you can find greens with socket/leech on AH but BFA dungeon blues will have higher stats/ilvl.

i say kicked but mean things like chaos locked or a stun. you dont need more orbs to heal or faster eyebeam reset traits. you need a backup plan when you get chaos locked or interrupted. as for damage on bosses i already suggested thirsting blades x2.
you can find greens with socket/leech on AH but BFA dungeon blues will have higher stats/ilvl.

cool, I'll take a look. As for the traits, I'm not sure what I have available, I think I only have 3-4 pieces left available from quests and from what I see, they do not have these traits.. :(

Users who are viewing this thread