Destruction Warlock at lvl 20

Talkraa

Grandfathered
Does anyone know how destro warlocks fare in a typical pug bg? Planning of making one to hopefully get some diversity in the 20-29 bracket since them seem rare

Does anyone know how destro warlocks fare in a typical pug bg? Planning of making one to hopefully get some diversity in the 20-29 bracket since them seem rare
I play one. They aren't terrible with a group. Problem is no mobility and no defensive. I hit for 600+ chaos bolts. I love seeing more diversity in the bracket. Seems like most are playing fotm classes.
[doublepost=1552065230,1552065044][/doublepost]
I will say I enjoy my warlock quite a bit better in the 69 bracket for reasons stated above and focuses chaos talent. Literally 2 shotting people and you get shards way faster.

You should be able to tell with enchanted boA whether you're going to be adequate to continue or not. :)

+to gloves isn't going to magically make you a gladiator.

if youre going pure F2P, youre going to have a bad time. Damage, mobility and survivability are all just really low. You get some team utility being a fear bot but thats really it.

If you're going vet, however, the gear and enchants you have access to will help quite a bit. All of a sudden you can be a pretty viable member of a group. Just be proactive about positioning. If melee gets on you, youre pretty much toast.

Affliction is better if you enjoy that playstyle. I find that I put out way more pressure and get more kills than I do playing destro. As for "having a bad time" , I've stood toe to toe with a disc priest trying to steal LM from me and survived until my team showed up. I've also had a fury warrior heroic leap away from me to survive because they couldn't dmg through drain life. I didn't have any vet enchants either. As a lock you can come into a fight and completely change the way it's going with proper use of fear and UA silences. Drain life is surprisingly really good....better than it used to be at keeping you alive. Void elf, Goblin and Worgen are the only races I'd recommend for mobility which is much needed. I also need to touch t that point of "I don't want to get owned" It's the 20-29 bracket dude, everyone gets owned from time to time with all the incendiary/hidden satyr/elemental force/crusader garbage going on.

Affliction is better if you enjoy that playstyle. I find that I put out way more pressure and get more kills than I do playing destro. As for "having a bad time" , I've stood toe to toe with a disc priest trying to steal LM from me and survived until my team showed up. I've also had a fury warrior heroic leap away from me to survive because they couldn't dmg through drain life. I didn't have any vet enchants either. As a lock you can come into a fight and completely change the way it's going with proper use of fear and UA silences. Drain life is surprisingly really good....better than it used to be at keeping you alive. Void elf, Goblin and Worgen are the only races I'd recommend for mobility which is much needed. I also need to touch t that point of "I don't want to get owned" It's the 20-29 bracket dude, everyone gets owned from time to time with all the incendiary/hidden satyr/elemental force/crusader garbage going on.
Yeah of course i'd get completely destroyed from time to time. I have a warrior twink at 20 it just got dull being fotm bullshit. Currently trying to gear up, we'll see if I continue going destro or maybe going affliction.

Affliction is basically playing a terrible boomkin, just go destro int/crit for hail-mary chaos blowouts, was pretty fun.

Just keep in mind tho you are still tier2... arguably tier 3 trash. As long as that's in your head, it will be fun.

You can also stack that dirty haste to 33% if you want for 1 second fears and faster shards... that is always a hoot.

Yeah of course i'd get completely destroyed from time to time. I have a warrior twink at 20 it just got dull being fotm bullshit. Currently trying to gear up, we'll see if I continue going destro or maybe going affliction.
I feel you man. I think you'll enjoy playing lock. Completely underrated class. Anyone calling it garbage just sucks at playing it tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread