US Destro warlock shenanigans

ThrØat

Veteran
Is it worth it to stack crit for the boost to chaos bolts or to go as much flat int/vers as possible?
Like, I'm trying to work out whether to wear my green lens of the quickblade or my spellpower goggles xtreme plus.. and with other gear what secondaries to stack..
If anyone has any advice plz hit me with it <3
thanks buds xx
PS I'm so stoked about the twink changes and that I don't feel as stupidly broken as when I was a geared 29 twink (yay!)

upload_2019-3-18_12-15-53.png

. I would Suggest a good combo of Vers/Haste/Crit if you want to play Destro. Thats what i do with my Warlock
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/stormscale/Dîcey

Last edited:
Is it worth it to stack crit for the boost to chaos bolts or to go as much flat int/vers as possible?
Like, I'm trying to work out whether to wear my green lens of the quickblade or my spellpower goggles xtreme plus.. and with other gear what secondaries to stack..
If anyone has any advice plz hit me with it <3
thanks buds xx
PS I'm so stoked about the twink changes and that I don't feel as stupidly broken as when I was a geared 29 twink (yay!)

I was one of very few ppl who played warlock all last year, and virtually the only one (that I saw) playing destro (it was so rare that until about a month ago I had never experienced being on the receiving end of immolation) - but I suspect they're about to get *very* popular ^^
My advice for destro (the only spec for me >:) is go for verse and haste only. Crit, being useless for Chaos bolt, is not worth it. And it takes so long to cast you're gonna want that extra haste.

How is crit useless for Chaos Bolt? It says right there in the tooltip: "damage is further increased by your critical strike chance".

How is crit useless for Chaos Bolt? It says right there in the tooltip: "damage is further increased by your critical strike chance".
I wouldn't say it's useless, but the increase of chaos bolt damage provided by crit at this level is very minuscule. Going a mix of vers/haste is 99% of the time going to be better. Stacking as much main stat as possible is important too.

Well here's my lil' lock from last year but she's not a twink, she's just a simple F2P who's fun to play and acquits herself fairly well on the battlefield.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/caelestrasz/zarathustra
I have another one (also 20 destro) who's a (new) vet, she is doing very well (won't bother linking though cos nothing about her is stuff you couldn't guess).
I predict it's going to become a more popular class choice this year.

Edit: OP, re your question about headgear, you are going to want stamina, partly cos locks can be a wee bit squishy and partly cos healthstone heals for 25% so you might as well maximise that. Well that's my approach anyway /shrug

Users who are viewing this thread